1st auction resumed

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I think it should be a closed bid

As in everyone sends in what they will pay, and the highest wins. Because otherwise people will keep posting up the the last minute, and people will have no time to bid, and there will be upset people.

[quote name='Chewett' date='08 August 2010 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1281257842' post='65400']
I think it should be a closed bid

As in everyone sends in what they will pay, and the highest wins. Because otherwise people will keep posting up the the last minute, and people will have no time to bid, and there will be upset people.
[/quote]

Sounds like fun :P

I am going to wait to the last moment to put in a bid with my 600 silver coins. No need to push the bidding up prematurely. ^_^

Cutler

• Root Admin

[quote name='Dmik King' date='08 August 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1281260018' post='65401']
2 aged Rusty for Murph. (over 230 age each)(its probably around 16gold value)
[/quote]

Did you even read the topic?

He ONLY wants Coins. No crits.

I'd think a good idea would be to have a 5 minute delay on the end time. So if anyone bids close to the end time, then the end time gets increased by 5 mins.

I believe ebay uses the same idea, or at least very similar. :P

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='08 August 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1281283551' post='65411']
I'd think a good idea would be to have a 5 minute delay on the end time. So if anyone bids close to the end time, then the end time gets increased by 5 mins.

I believe ebay uses the same idea, or at least very similar. :)
[/quote]

Ebay uses an auto bidding system, the person puts what they will bid up to, and then amoung all the people it bids ~£1 more each time until there is only one person who will meet the amount specified.

• Root Admin

Highest bidders so far:

MRAlyon 160 silver (for the dark)
Grido 11 gold (for the morphs)

About how the auction will end:
Auction will end friday, the winning bidder needs to be unchallanged for the most of the day. There won't be a last minute auction stealing for one silver difference! So don't worry about not hitting submit on time like it happens with the ebay auctions. once a winning bid stands out, it should remain winning and everybody else accept they lost the auction.

I strongly suggest you do a lot of private talks and settle who wants these items most, otherwise you will empty your coin stash too fast. There is no minimum for any auction i will start, so if there is no counterbid these could sell for 1 silver, or 1000 silver, it depends only on you. Its not like you don't know eachother, you know eachother very well and you are allowed to team up against "me" (the house). Of course there is a HUGE risk in keeping such auctions on low bids and i am not even sure it is possible.

[color="#2E8B57"][b]CERTIFICATE

Now to torture you a bit more, all these items and items in future auctions will come with a certificate. I will create a certificate inventory item to state as proof of you winning that item. This means you will get not only the won item/creature/whatever but also one aditional inventory item named something line "Auction certificate" (suggestions are welcome!) with description that will detail the item you won. The certificates will be named on purpose the same, all of them, regardless of item, but they will have different description. In that way , if you will own more certificates they will show up stacked and not individually. You can trade, sell, or give them away as you wish. These items will not offer any ownership rights extra to me handing out the item to the owner, and once given out they are not bound to the merchandise. They ca be used together with the won item as a proof to future buyers that the merchandise was indeed won for that price and in an official MD auction. Thats pretty cool for an auction i think.[/b][/color]

Edited by Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

IAB 12gold for morphs
Shadowseeker 200silver for dark

(the silver rewarded in the name research contest can be used already, just state clearly that you are using it. If you won it but do not wish to use it, i will give it out as silver equivalent after the auction. If you want to trade it before the auction, i will also give it as silver equivalent so you can do what you please with it).

13 Gold for Morphs

I won 85 silver coupons in the name research, and unless anything changed since last time i made a trade, 15 Silver is equivalent to 1 Gold.
So would i be able to translate that into 5 Gold 10 Silver, and use the 5 Gold as part of the bid please?

Either way the bid is more than affordable for me.

• Root Admin

yes the silver cupons can be converted to gold at a 1:15 rate.
did i mention already that i guarantee the morphs to morph into a version you do not currently posess? torture torture...

Edited by Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='10 August 2010 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1281428740' post='65552']
I don't normally indulge in creature or item trading, however...

9 gold for the Dark, and I can increase that.
[/quote]

the Dark is being bid in SILVER

you have to pay silver for it. Please read the initial post