Passive Absence

As some of you already realized, i am not that much online ingame nor I walk around a lot anymore. The reason is simple and some may laugh but i am tired of being penalized due tu skill damage. And I fail to see walking around and seeking 3 sword fights on mp5 level on noobs where I know I can win, and only one lost fights makes me lose those gained stats in an instant. It´s sad my role is suffering under this and i don´t know if I want to go into negative stats, at least i raised this character and I have a right to be a fighter somehow for sure. Right now I don't want to spend that much time to run and hide so I will stay mostly in sanctuaries if idle or so, but not where i should be (you all know where i should be staying), makes me lack of enjoying rp. Maybe i catch myself those weeks.

I thought it would be a good section to post this. If anyone has a good objective suggestion, please go ahead.

I know some of you will laugh, some will roll eyes but i felt like posting this (at least my mood is so).

Thank you all for your understanding.

Edited by Blackwoodforest

[quote name='Udgard' date='20 August 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1282304989' post='66620']
Suggestion: kill off your creatures @_@, if you have some credits, use the grotesque ritual of self oblivion.
[/quote]

So, you mean i should limit my play experience by myself? What If i like to gather, collect and level creatures like every other player does? Even worse, I shall spent money to get rid of a penalization? Are you serious of suggesting something like this?

I can only suggest the same things I suggest to others in a similar problem: find people in the game who will help you get out of skill damage. Make sure that the fights you fight are getting you victory (Sword Balance) results. If you aren't sure how to do this, ask people like Burns and Shadowseeker. Most vets will be willing to help you in some way or other.

It would be a damn shame for the winner of MRD's last quest to walk away in despair. Don't give up! People will help you. Don't be afraid to ask.

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='20 August 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1282305633' post='66621']
So, you mean i should limit my play experience by myself? What If i like to gather, collect and level creatures like every other player does? Even worse, I shall spent money to get rid of a penalization? Are you serious of suggesting something like this?
[/quote]
Well, yeah. Not permanently of course, but that is the quickest remedy until you find out a longer time solution. At least it will allow you to walk around and interact with people (some of whom might be able to help you with a long term solution) instead of being cooped up in sanctuaries.

yeah, don't underestimate the power of asking people to help you out of the whole...well...hole :P
if you see me ingame and remind me about it, i'll help you get vics in exchange for some of those creats from MRD :P or some firewood from bob! or even a weissbier when i come to germany! or maybe just for fun even, or just for the sake of not seeing another mp5 disappear :)

Edited by Totenkopf

Just ask around, I got a little help from the ´lose regen´ people and by using specific rituals, I went from exactly 1000 more losses than wins (I dislike skilldamage as well), to about 940 in one day and I wasn't even trying. It's not that hard.

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='20 August 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1282305633' post='66621']
[/quote]

Well, in order to achieve what you desire ... you do have to pay something be it money , time or whatever it is required or you are willing to pay.

Whatever you do you will surely limit your game play. There is a limit for every decision everyone does in this game.

Do play smart or ask ppl for advices. And lose that ... "fighter" pride, do accept help.

There are lots of lamer complains then this but anyway keep in mind that recuperating loses is possible.

• Root Admin

1. Contact every single person that attacks you, and ask them not to. Even Dmik said he wont hit me for me nearing Skilldamage. And he was one of the biggest problems.

2. Ask your friends for Victories, Everyone so far that i have asked for a victory gave me one, or tried to after i explained my situation.

3. If you have enough friends you can easily get 40+ wins each day with little to no effort on your part.

As no one pointed out. Some of you guys feel its a "dishonor" to ask for some easy vic's. Dont complain about the fight system when i being so close to Skilldamage am slowly getting out of my losses hole. And thats with me sitting places like MDP Idle so people can contact me.

I dont see why some people have all these issues, wheras i just contact and talk with people and get all these people offering to help. Its crazy.

Maybe you should change your point of view. For me, i´d rather like to do more roleplay in a current location, like where i belong to. But on the other hand, i now need to spend that time into raising wins for a few more days just be a few more days longer not into the skill damage range. This all might fit well for usual players, yet my devoted role binds me to a specifi location where i am a well known bunching bug for grinders. I have no problem to ask my friends and others for a ease win, but it does not solve my problem into a long term.

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' timestamp='1282548275' post='66851']
If I understood this right, today happend:

3 fights won - full heat - almost +0.8 stats, 1 fight lost - over 1.x stats lost

I strongly suggest to even this, it cannot be such a great difference to get back from a -neg. hole.
[/quote]

nothing needs to be evened, you just need to understand how skill damage works, and it will prove to be much less of a problem. sorry, but i cannot give more details than this, it's already too spoilery ;)

Life is full of choices.

You have lots of replies to your dilemma that can solve your problem.

Your RP is liekable, meaning there will be loads of players who will help you out.

You can choose to heed the advice or you can choose to dwell and make excuses for your situation.

Sometimes, a solution is not easy, be happy that you have players who are willing to help.

When in a hole, its tough to climb out of it, but you have friends who will offer a helping hand.

To quote Tarquinus, "I choose to see the cup half full"