Mp6 "bug"

Jubaris

I will quote my email to the staff of MD and their response:

> greetings, unknown staff of Magic Duel :-)
> I would like to report something regarding MP6 spells, (not to mention that some are too weak considering that it takes a lot of sacrifices to maintain MP6 status and that it is used (in 99% of situations) for gains of other people - newbs) heal spell has 6 levels in MP6 spell branches, but every spell does completely same - transfering the amount of protector's current heat into vital energy.
>
> Can higher levels of heal spell bring some privileges of sort (perhaps even as the description for spells said that every levels adds additional 1000 VE bonus to the cast) ?
>
>
>
>

Because the balancing and the changes you suggest will effect many in Magicduel it is recommend you start a forum post.

This will give the comunity a chance to give their opinon on the issues you raise, and see how people view the balance of the spell.

--------------------------------------------------

So I am asking for community's opinion on the matter. Just for the record, give vitality in WP shop is much stronger than MP6's heal, in case someone wishes to point out that additional 1000 VE heal per level would be too much.

Protectors are supposed to help newbies, not give them unreasonable amounts that allow them to buy/upgrade creatures they are not supposed to have, and even less to give vets a hand in recruitments and beating other vets, which are the only reasons you'd ever need a heal higher than 4k at a time.

therefore, i'm against changing that.

also, coincidentally i've been mp6, consider it that way: on some levels in the tree, you want other things than heal, therefore it appears on almost every level and you can pick which branch holds the least valueable other spells :)

I thought Lhos were supposed to help newbs, granted MP6 are as well but then why do we need worshipers that are level 4 and 5. I can attest to the fact that there is some sort of bug with the healing spells, there have been repeated times when I've cast the spell with a significant amount of heat only to hear that the person didn't get any ve. Also it would be nice to be able to heal our worshipers for at least half of their ve considering most of them have a ton of it and the heal spell does enough to heal newbies..but thats it. Though some of you will most likely say that mp4's and 5's should be able to find other ways of healing themselves. I'm wondering if MP6 isn't just a glorified LHO with just a few minor tweaks, advantages, and disadvantages.

it's not for free, staying mp6 pays a lot of "maintance"

I don't ask for it to become much stronger as a spell, I'm asking that next levels of the heal spell (there are 6 of them) to actually do something effectiver, since heal level 6 = heal level 1, but that sounds fine to all of you?
this way my heal with max heat on can only be effective help for mp3s, or "dead" players who haven't joined any land yet.

I support the proposition. Currently, the only benefit of having a protector for non-newbs is loyalty for heat sacrifice. The position of protector is functionally reduced to "newb protector."

Maybe higher heal levels could heal 4k plus some percent of the recipient's max VE (or better yet, max VE minus current VE), in order to prevent giving newbs too much by accident?...

Edited by apophys

Won't it be a little too much work to adjust the game mechanics to heal different portions of vitality for each player? I am not an expert on this, this is why I ask.

I am more into the idea of healing depending on the level of the spell. 6K of vitality sounds good to me, for newbies they will heal them enough to restore both vitality and heal their creatures. For mp4 and higher, well as you progress in the game and change mindpower level, I believe that you do not require much healing. Maybe a newly advanced mp4 but after a while all they may require is offensive and defencive buffs. As for mp5... well you all know that most mp5s use protectors only for loyalty so?

I believe it is more 'fair' so to say for players and for whoever decides to programm this, to merely fix the healing spell to 1K per level, despite the heat the protector has.

Just my two cents.

so level 1 spell - 1000 VE healed, but 300 heat spent?
level 6 - 6000, but 300 heat?

people would raise a hand how it can be abused (but no one complains about give vitality that is much stronger ;)), in any case I would settle gladly with that as well.

I actually would go with the % based heal. I'm sure it won't be hard to code, we already have a "secret feature" that sets you VE to double amount, a curse spell that costs a % of your VE each cast - won't be much different than those, though I'm not an expert either so I might be wrong here. By being %, everyone can benefit from it, not just newbies. Newbies will get a heal proportionate with their current stage (not too much), while older players will get higher amount of heal. Older players can burst anyways, so I don't think it will be be a source of (ab)use much for VE farming, though maybe we should limit the heal to something like 25% VE healed per cast, 1k heat cost per cast with decreasing heat cost per level (or have fixed heat cost but slightly higher VE healed per cast per level).

It's not impossible to have both actually. eg. '5k + 10% max ve'. That's changing one line of code, unless MD is written in Turing or something equally low level. To double the coding effort, why not multiply the heath cost by the mp level of the benefactors?