Multiplayer Games Inside A Clickable

Jubaris

This is nothing new, about possible games inside MD in a location, like a huge chess field...

More practical would be having a game inside a clickable, but can it be coded so that the players that join the clickable can join the game? (first two that click the "join" button would play I guess :D)?

I know Cutler for example did great things in his Astral Plane. So I'm just asking could this be possible right now with current possibilities of an Clickable editor inside MD? To create a game where two different players could join and play the same game against each other?

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1291479668' post='74373']
This is nothing new, about possible games inside MD in a location, like a huge chess field...

More practical would be having a game inside a clickable, but can it be coded so that the players that join the clickable can join the game? (first two that click the "join" button would play I guess :D)?

I know Cutler for example did great things in his Astral Plane. So I'm just asking could this be possible right now with current possibilities of an Clickable editor inside MD? To create a game where two different players could join and play the same game against each other?
[/quote]

Yes it is possible to code, I initially made the private chats as a vehicle to let people play interactive games one on one. The MD Creature Card Game was the first implementation of this although the contest was setup against a computer player so it was "comparable". The main problem is that this reproduces functionality of the MD interface and is therefore illegal to have in MD. The interactive fishing game and many of my logic games (which are all now on sale in the Apple store) also got killed at the same time due to this rule (and the death of the astral plane).

The main problem is to have the board update appropriately for both players after a turn / move is made.

Cutler

Rhaegar it is indeed possible. It can be done even without MDScript whatsoever (but MDS is advisable because it gives you access to player validation).
For a "real-time" game I would suggest using a pseduo-ajax IFrame approach.