Dokutaesu

I have a little problem... I have drawn an avatar, but I have no camera or scanner(and I haven't succeeded in makeing my printer work backwards :P ) but I have tried remaking it in your everyday paint program (it's not quite the same as original though)... and was wondering if those are accepted or I just have to wait until I manage upload my drawing...

I set the paint drawn version as my forum avatar...

Edited by Laws

Once uploaded your image will be reviewed for approval, if approved it will be added in the avatar list. Only hand-drawn artwork will be accepted. Avatar style must match the style of current MD avatars and contain the small MD letters as all avatars in MD do. Drawings should be converted to alpha, so they become B/W and transparent, not cut around the edges.

Images must be 100x160 px, gif, max 20kb
Background transparency color should be (RGB = 241.239.214, Hex #F1EFD6) Download sample source file, edit with fireworks or photoshop, export as transparent gif.

nothing about it needing to be hand-drawn

[quote name='Phear the Wolf' timestamp='1293499601' post='76162']
Once uploaded your image will be reviewed for approval, if approved it will be added in the avatar list. [u][b]Only hand-drawn artwork will be accepted[/b][/u]. Avatar style must match the style of current MD avatars and contain the small MD letters as all avatars in MD do. Drawings should be converted to alpha, so they become B/W and transparent, not cut around the edges.

[/quote]

That's what I read too, but underlined part is what makes me wonder... if I made it in paint, using only the pencil tool, I infact DID draw it by hand, just not on the paper, but on the mouse-mat and so I am really asking if it would be accepted ?

guess I just have to upload it and see what they say :unsure:

Edited by Laws

You could do what I did with my Avy.

I took an ordinary, every day picture of my drawing, and photoshop was used to make it transparent, and acceptable for use. I did have help with the photoshop bit from friends, though, so you may want to ask around.

It was still hand drawn, but it was turned electronic, and MD acceptable just by taking a digital photo of it.

Well, like I said- I have no camera here to take a photo and no scanner to scan my drawing that's why I did it in paint and I did with only using the pencil tool, no brushes (it's size was 1x1), but yeah it's not as good as the original drawing and it'll never be... just thought that maybe it'd be good enough for acceptance... and I need to use Photoshop anyways to make it transparent... might as well tweak the quality (and probably should add the MD before trying if it's accepted :rolleyes: )

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phear the Wolf' timestamp='1293499601' post='76162']
Once uploaded your image will be reviewed for approval, if approved it will be added in the avatar list. [b][u]Only hand-drawn artwork will be accepted.[/u][/b] Avatar style must match the style of current MD avatars and contain the small MD letters as all avatars in MD do. Drawings should be converted to alpha, so they become B/W and transparent, not cut around the edges.Images must be 100x160 px, gif, max 20kbBackground transparency color should be (RGB = 241.239.214, Hex #F1EFD6) Download sample source file, edit with fireworks or photoshop, export as transparent gif.

[u][b]nothing about it needing to be hand-drawn[/b][/u]
[/quote]

That made my day :))