An Event Idea

Brulant

This topic is just to get community input and see if anyone would actually like to see this event run ^_^
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING CAN BE CHANGED! I would love some better weapon suggestions :D

Disclaimer: The suspects are just people that everyone recognizes for right now, they can be easily changed.
Second Disclaimer: It's late for me, and I'm probably not going to explain this well. Also, this is my first attempt at doing anything, so we'll see how this turns out.

I've been thinking up a way for everyone to play a game of mutated Clue up in the MDA lands.
Here's what I've got so far.

Set up: Oh noes! Brulant was happily wandering through the MDA lands when he was snuck up upon and brutally murdered inside the Archive building! Now, it's your job to figure out "who done it"!

Rules:
1) At the beginning of the game a suspect, weapon, and location will be chosen and removed from the pool of available suspects, weapons, and locations.
2) The remaining suspects, weapons, and locations would then be distributed to the players of the game.
3) After the game begins, players will travel from location to location in an effort to find out which suspect, weapon, and location are missing from the pool.
4) Once at a location, players will PM other players in that location with an "accusation"
5) An "accusation" consists of a suspect, weapon, and location. THE LOCATION THAT THE PLAYER IS IN MUST BE INCLUDED AS THE LOCATION IN THE ACCUSATION.
6) Upon receiving an "accusation" the player looks through the suspects, weapons, and/or locations he/she knows
7) If they have a suspect/weapon/location that was included in the "accusation" they send a reply with the suspect/weapon/location included. YOU ONLY SEND ONE. If the player does not have any of what was guessed, they send a reply saying "Nothing"
8) After they receive the reply PM the original player marks it on their Detective Notes (which are included in this post)
9) In this way, the last things in each group that are not checked off are the correct suspect/weapon/location :D
(This may be getting confusing, bear with me)
10) You can only message one player once in a row. For example: I could not send Curiose three "accusations" in a row. But I CAN send one to Curiose, then to AmberRune, then to Curiose.
11) The game continues until someone figures out "who done it" and PMs me the correct answer. Please include in your subject that it's your final guess. If you are wrong, you are out of the game.

I think that the Detective Notes should help explain this, I'm attaching them to this post. The locations on the Detective Notes are the only locations in which you can send PMs

Someone already suggested coding some clickies to give hints (and red herrings! :P) to people. Alas, I cannot code clickies, but it anyone could offer their skills it would be highly appreciated.

Also, there is really no prize since I have nothing to give. But, I think that it would be fun even without a prize, yeah?
Well… I'm probably forgetting something, but I'm too tired to remember it. Anyways. Feedback would be much appreciated, even if it's a, "Yeah, that could be fun." ^_^

EDIT: Thinking about changing it so you can only accuse once per room before you have to move to another.

[attachment=2557:Detective Notes for MD.doc]

Edited by Brulant

Great idea, I'm sure you'd get some interested players if you set up registration. The number of weapons, rooms, etc. might have to be adjusted based on how many players responded.

Definitly need to find a way to control the "how often you can PM a suspect" question - how about you must alternate? No second question until they ask you something in reply.

Prizes - you need to ask people to sponsor your quests. I could kick in a wp as long as (the usual caveats) you get enough participation and have a clean winner who clearly worked for it. But I have a limited supply - ask the kings directly first. Firsanthalas has been generally supportive of new quest creators.

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1297520632' post='78779']
Great idea, I'm sure you'd get some interested players if you set up registration. The number of weapons, rooms, etc. might have to be adjusted based on how many players responded.

Definitly need to find a way to control the "how often you can PM a suspect" question - how about you must alternate? No second question until they ask you something in reply.
[/quote]

Yup, working out weapons/rooms ratios and all that jazz :) I still need to find some better sounding and plausible weapons though.
I like your alternating idea. That combined with the repetition rule and the room rule should get people to actually move around :)

[quote name='Kamisha' timestamp='1297546137' post='78792']
i'd sign up. Its basically clue except inside MD.
[/quote]

Pretty much :D
But I'm working on ways to twist it a little bit, and if you have any ideas to make it more interesting feel free to add them!

Edited by Brulant

• 5 months later...