Group past the gates...

currently, we're a tiny group getting wins in a tranquil environment. not really a big issue. besides, I'm confidant that 4 or 5 MP5s training in a dynamic location will fly under the radar. If it doesn't, oh well.... at least we tried :)

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

• Root Admin

Yeah, I participated in something similar with Fs and a group of friends, give it a week and eon will be coming back and forth destroying it (you can change eon's name for any other player who hates this mindless grinding btw)

Also, Posting on the forum merely draws attention to yourself even more... good luck...

haha, okay I give. close the topic. I don't know what grinding is supposed to be, besides cooperative. when in MDP, the only difference is you're getting constantly bombarded by losses from higher-tier players. People criticize, however it's easy to say that getting in groups isn't the answer when you can hold your own as a player or have successfully removed yourself from combat.

Yet you put yourself out for said criticism, ie making a thread. If someone was so undeniably upset about it or whatever, they could have made a discussion thread their self.

If you made it less hush hush, and more inclusive without restricting people of what rit to use or bas other mp5's staying above the woodwork, you would have been fine.

I see. Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose though? Making another MDP isn't exactly what I had in mind when I set out to start a training group. All I want is a more organized, cooperative group. If that is impossible, then I understand. I just thought I'd try. Maybe the best one can hope for is a non-secretive, open training ground like Marble Dale Park.

Edit: I was referring to Curi's post, Chewwy just beat me to the post. The group I'm working on is still in progress, I just don't know what to expect. I hope it won't be negative.

Edited by ChildOfTheSoul

See, I was a part of two or three groups which where like this, and they all got disbanded after a while, because one person or the other made a big deal on the forums out of it... And I found that the best way to have a training group is training right in the middle of the MDP... There are ways to keep a rit for any kind of training up at all times.

Sure, people will attack you, but I don't think you have to fear skill damage any more, with the priest aura, and other things. Just don't leave yourself idle when you don't have to be and everything will be fine.

Edited by Ravenstrider

small private training groups have been going on for as long as I can remember. Before, During, and After the GGG. Some last longer then others. The long lasting ones are the ones where you find a small group of people you trust and let it stay at that. The problem becomes when its mainly alliance members there is such a long waiting period between fights. SO others go out looking for more people to join in and then poof its all over but the crying. Literally.

The GGG had a great affect on the community. It's gone, but most people can't reform to old ways. Training now takes alot longer and bursts aren't like hard candy to be thrown about to everyone. In these days of such huge VE though bursts are more a trivial matter then they used to be. Minus the Angien most creatures don't take all that long to train win wise. Overall its best to stick to you and your friends travelling the lands and training together. Sticking in one spot too long will get you found out by someone, but if you only stay in one local a day or two and move as a group you will find most people leave you alone.