"Job opening"?

I can't figure out where to actually post to apply for it, so where should I apply for it?

EDIT:[quote][color="#cccccc"][2011-04-12 05:11:21 - Stage 10][/color]
"Job opening" - someone is needed to read the entire announcements list, all of them, and create a clear list of features or major gameplay changes, or social changes that changed gameplay, sorted by date and Alpha Stage. No copy pasting from the announcements, i need a clear list. Use the forum to apply, don't start until you are selected, don't apply if you are not 100% sure you can do it. Reward for this consists in 2 Anniversary Aramors and 50 credits.[/quote]

Edited by Grido
added relevant announcement - Grido

I would be able to do it, I'd just like a few questions answered.

1) Deadline
2) Form/style of the list. Should it be just a short recap or should it include details of every change?
Like [Date] Loreroot Archer ability changed to Piercing. or
[Date] Loreroot Archer ability changed to Piercing + further explanations from the announcements.
3) Will the person who gets the job receive more guidance about specifics of the job than what we have in the announcement which seems very vague?

I'm guessing this is done either for promotional reasons or something for the b-day party.

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1302585712' post='82382']
I would be able to do it, I'd just like a few questions answered.

1) Deadline
2) Form/style of the list. Should it be just a short recap or should it include details of every change?
Like [Date] Loreroot Archer ability changed to Piercing. or
[Date] Loreroot Archer ability changed to Piercing + further explanations from the announcements.
3) Will the person who gets the job receive more guidance about specifics of the job than what we have in the announcement which seems very vague?

I'm guessing this is done either for promotional reasons or something for the b-day party.
[/quote]
The format would most likely be:
"[i][DATE TIME - STAGE][/i] (just like in the announcement list)
[i]What the change actual did[/i] (Sans fluff text)

It would most likely need to include things like actual hard changes such as your example of an ability change, as well as any punishment cases that set a precedent (although in that case you would most likely be excluding player names as they are not relevant to the specific changes). For example, the case which sent Ledah to jail would be included most likely as "Transferring of coins gained from MD shop via gift credits between alt accounts banned - Transferring of coins gained via other means not commented upon". Whether this would also cite the clarification Mur made in the forums that coins that are earned may be transferred between alts would need to be clarified, as it is not a formal announcement and hence outside the scope of the current job listing. The case of Fenrir Greycloth vs dst, on the other hand, shouldn't be mentioned at all, since it didn't set a new precedent but was just the result of the no harassing rule being carried out.

At least, that's my take on this announcement >.>

[u][b]Anywho, as an Archivist, I would like to apply for this job[/b][/u] ^_^

I'm offering my efforts, too.
Why should you pick me? Because i actually do toy with the stuff that's being done to the game, and because i know the background for (almost) every announcement since july 08. :))

I'll probably end up doing this next Monday regardless if I get picked or not, it's been a while since I read through the announcements, done it 2 or 3 times before though, learn lots of fun things

Also; edited first post to include relevant announcement, I got a little confused when I saw this thread and hadn't the foggiest what it was about, so clarification added for others.

• Root Admin

Here is an example of what i have been doing myself. Iv started from both ends and had started this a couple months ago. Iv done about 200 announcements and currently have 1700ish announcements in my database in this format. If you want something like this i can export it in any format and hand it over, or complete the rest.

[attachment=2827:Announcements.zip]

I myself would be interested in this job opening. It is about time I did something other than whine and complain about things. :)

I believe I would be a good candidate for this job for I am very thorough and can spot even the most important detail in large amounts of writing.

• Root Admin

oh wow... umm ...quite a lot good candidates. It seems Chew already has it done, what he did there , the "shothand comments" columns is what i needed. So the Aramor goes to him. Pls contact me with the full, updated file. Thanks.

For the rest that applied, don't worry , there will be plenty of opportunities to jump in and help, i have quite a few things in stoc that just need reasons to be rewarded ;)

For future "jobs", if its announced on announcements it doesn't mean it is on the forum already. If you are the first to apply you should create the forum topic, just like lone wolf did on this one. Considering there are many people ready to help, some more serious than the others, I advise you to consider the worst and apply after considering that, don't wait for more details because someone else might be more ready to help and will be picked before you. This is not a freelance job recruiting, this is a closed community and i am dictator so to say. Efforts are rewarded nice, but negotiation is not an option.

For your curiosity, i would have picked lone wolf or sasha, but i am glad chew applied with that file because its exactly what i wanted :)

P.s: you might want to check BFH job opening / quest if you are in the mood for helping with something.

[b]
EDIT: you can post it public too, i will post it anyway once i look over it and remove some things. Basically what i need it for is for my own refrence but also as a fast way for new people to look over the history of changes [/b]

Edited by Muratus del Mur