King's Court

Curiose

This is just an idea I have been fiddling with.

The basic idea is that a king will announce monthly, or bi weekly, or whatever, that a King's Court will be announced. People can go to the King with ideas of how to make the land better, with new quest or contest ideas, ask for sponsorship and or make a public complaint against someone.

Now, this does not have to be for land citizens only. Say for instance, person from land x wanted sponsorship for quest y, and goes to land z's king regarding it. This would help them to get an immediate response regarding the sponsorship, and would help to kind of chew out the ideas a little bit in the process.

King's court can also hold small things for people to do, like gatherings, or 'parties.' It does not have to be all official business, either.

I await your criticism on this, but please know: Despite on whatever nay-sayers may say, "King's Court" will have its debut in an alpha attempt to see how it all goes.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1307416962' post='85864']
I await your criticism on this, but please know: Despite on whatever nay-sayers may say, "King's Court" will have its debut in an alpha attempt to see how it all goes.
[/quote]

As i read this, you are saying that you have spoken with every King AND QUEEN and they have agreed to do this as a trial?

I think it's a good idea. From my own experience, there is not much trouble reaching each King (besides time zone); but setting up an official Court's Day would really fit well with RP. Also it would remind me of our ancient French kings who were doing that... until we cut their head. :P

this was looking to be a good idea but it has some flaws.

1. the kings dont govern every land.
2. King 1 cannot get involved in king 2 affairs
3. I believe most kings already have an open invitation to citizens to forward ideas or even just request a meeting in game.

For one i cannot sponsor a citizen from another land with Golemus WP's. They are Golemus treasure not MD treasury.
yes we have in the past sponsored quests of other land or even of non land people. It is within our power to do so but wont always do this.

just wanted to add I dont remember agreeing to this
that is not to say i didn't agree to try it but i will have to be reminded of when i agreed if i did.

Despite on whatever nay-sayers may say, "King's Court" will have its debut in an alpha attempt to see how it all goes.

I will also add the more i think on this idea the more i dont think it is workable.

Edited by Yrthilian

I should probably point out that for an alpha test to occur it would only really need One king to agree to it >.>

And that the point of idea threads is to get feedback to see if the idea can be worked into a form that fits the current incarnation of MD, not to hear peoples opinion on whether its a good idea or not (although those are valuable replies as well). Very few ideas will ever be presented in a way that already fits MD, but just because one part of it doesn't fit doesn't mean that the whole thing has to be discarded.

Babies and Bathwater....

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I spoke with Jester about it on YIM, and he said he likes the idea. That's what I will be using for the alpha testing.

I do not mean that all the kings/queens will be presented at one time. They can choose to if they wish to, have a court date. I was thinking that 1 king per time slot, or 1 king per day, or what not.

Basically, pretty much everything that Kyphis said is what I am meaning to say. : p I was tired, and lazy.

It is up to a king if they want to hold a court. They have the means to organise such things, as does any player.

It's just informing people that you are available to talk at some particular time, or am I missing something?