Lone Wolf

xrieg

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's difficult to be objective writing about close friend, regular sparring partner or (apparently) a family member. I won't even try - I begin this article with this disclaimer - and, dear reader, read further at your own risk. He is my child... or pup... I am a bit confused myself... To add to confusion my child is much older than myself - he came to the MD realm 928 days ago (344 active) comparing with my tiny 202. Consequently, as some people think a lot about life after death, whevever I think about Lone Wolf I consider life before conception.
Personally I call Lone Wolf LWP - which is a briefing from his original name (lone wolf pup became Lone Wolf last MD Birthday - and then another lone wolf pup was born). By coincidence it is also abbreviation of Polish army before 1989 - and it fits well as just like army eats, drinks and f... OK eats and drinks everything that moves or not on its path, Lone Wolf cannot do a single thing for a long period of time or just sit peacefully. Also, he _is_ the army - just as Granos was famous of old that there were more Canadians in MD than in Canada, Lone Wolf tries to do the same for US.
HOwever, whatever he does - he does with all his heart.
Little (or not that little) known facts about LWP:
1. he was banned by Jonn for peeing at the bush (thet would be among leading penalty justifications... but then Shadowseeker's latest Jail got a gold medal)
2. he was the first to enter phase 2 of the last Metal Bunny's MD Deathmatch Trivia
3. he gave Lady Ailith fleas to have an excuse to take her swimming naked in White Lake... to get rid of fleas, you know *winks*
4. he animated some community games such as 'toss the aramor' or 'cuddle your breast against my head' that rendered multiple broken aramors and heards
PS I reread it.... Sorry for sugar overcharge

Edited by xrieg

• Root Admin

Your poll, doesnt include the option "the story is too short, most of it is a disclaimer"

Your "article" consists of 5 bullet points. Again, like your other one, i feel this should not be counted, as in affect most of it is saying that it wont be neutral. Spend some time writing down what he did, remove the stupid disclaimer, and dont use bullet points... Then it might start to feel more like a news piece.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1310494620' post='87753']
Your poll, doesnt include the option "the story is too short, most of it is a disclaimer"

Your "article" consists of 5 bullet points. Again, like your other one, i feel this should not be counted, as in affect most of it is saying that it wont be neutral. Spend some time writing down what he did, remove the stupid disclaimer, and dont use bullet points... Then it might start to feel more like a news piece.
[/quote]
Thanks for comment, poll item added.
I included the poll to learn what ppl want to read - quest reward or not, it would be pointless to waste my time preparing something nobody considers worth reading. To be honest, 'article' the way you described is something the least interesting (as far from 'engaging' as I can imagine) to me and something I could/ would not write - even if I appreciate potential usefullness of MD who-is-who.
I appreciate further comments - there is some time till quest deadline and I would be grateful for feedback whether it makes sense to write other ...'articles' or better think about rainforests and save discspace :-P

Ok. I'll give you the same feedback I gave Stipple some time ago: this is the type of quest/thing/whatever that I despise the most (sorry Fyrd, I know your intentions were good). You can never be fully objective and usually when it comes to such things, even if you try you really cannot. Especially if all you know about a person is just what you have heard from others. Unless they are straight, provable facts (like: player X banned Mur) the info are quite useless. All you bring is your opinion, occasionally spiced with some facts.

I would have appreciated more something like a history/chronic of someone's facts. Not this "a**kissing". I can give you numerous examples of players that are now considered legends just because their "bad deeds" were swept under the carpet* and only the good things are remembered. This is not right. A person is characterized by all his/her deeds. I felt crippled when I received a really good characterization (thank you Stipple, I know that your intentions were also good :) ) because that person was not me. The characterization was given a make up but by doing that it lost the "real me".

But since you are all decided to do this, I will dare to give you a suggestion: instead of writing such thing, it would be more interesting (and a lot more fun - at least for me) to interview the persons you are writing about. You learn a lot about someone by reading their answers (especially if the questions are well chosen).

Just my 3 cents.

LE:forgot the * :D
* - as long as I will be playing I will make sure to present the "hidden" deeds of the legends :D. It makes them more...humans cause they certainly were not gods :D

Edited by dst

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1310501146' post='87765']
But since you are all decided to do this, I will dare to give you a suggestion: instead of writing such thing, it would be more interesting (and a lot more fun - at least for me) to interview the persons you are writing about. You learn a lot about someone by reading their answers (especially if the questions are well chosen).
[/quote]
I kind of assumed that they would do that anyways. Isn't it kind of necessary to have accurate information? Oh right, most of these are missing plenty of accurate information >>