KC Guards Quest - Best Military Page Quest

Tipu

[b]Updated On 1st Sept [/b]
On Day 296 of year 5 a spectacular thing happened in MD. Ho yes on this very day four Handsome guys were recruited to form The KC Guards. One of the Successful Military squad ever created. We r almost One yr to complete ur Awesome Adventure. To celebrate this Awe inspiring Event, We Kc guards unleashing ur first Quest.

Quest : " Best Military ways and beliefs "

Missions : 1) Update Ur Military ways and belief as per the new changes in Battle/Creatures/MPlvl restrictions.
2) If Haven't Created Military page then it is the right Time.
3) Avoid Spoilers. U should know to walk a thin line btw spoilers and useful Tips/Hints.
4) And Brag what ever U feel that will fit in that page.

Step 1: After u have Finished with ur military pages. U Can Summit ur entries to any KC Guards either thru in-game PM or Forums.
Step 2: The KC guards will In turn Summit ur entries to our Judges.
Step 3: Judges will Pick the winners and they will recv rewards

Ho yes Its a In-Game, WP, Military Quest. If u r good in MD u will win our Quest. All MP lvl's who have Military page can participate.

For Noobs : U get Military page from MDA when u have Won 500+ Battles.

The Judges for this Quest are

1) Clock Mater (MB)
2) Shemhazaj (LR)
3) Burns( GG)
4) Azull (Necro)
5) Zleiphneir (Neutral land)

Rewards :
1st Place - 1WP
2nd Place - 1WP
3rd Place - 1WP
4th Place - 1 Attack Lock stone
5th Place - 1 Attack Lock Stone

Winners will be picked On points basics and the final result(Score) of the participants will be posted in this Topic.
Apart from judging, mistakes or spoilers(if any) will also be pointed out to the participants thru PM.
.(Anyone willing to sponsor ur Quest r welcome- Wps , Creatures, Items, Coins )

Tips : Read announcement Regarding the new changes in the battle system.
U can also check Vets Military page for Guidance.
We u r Submitting ur entries Plz Copy the text in HTML format so that we don't miss any of ur text such as Videos, Pictures and such.

So prepare ur papers or else face ur fate Muhahaha...

End Date of the Quest will be on 5th Sept 2011. Plz summit ur entries before that

PS : Knator commander, KC guards, Judges nor Quest Sponsors will not be held responsible for anyone posting spoilers in their papers in the name of this Quest.
All the important Updates regarding this Quest will be posted in this First post so u don't need to scroll all the way down.
Also if u did not understand my Lnglish Plz do clarify with me thanks.

Edited by Tipu

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1312311802' post='89351']
I find this "quest" even worse than BFH's "Pick your favourite land", or really ANY OTHER writing quest. Did Firs and Yrth know that THIS was what their WPs were sponsoring? I certainly hope not.
[/quote]

i agree entirely with your point... I guess there is a first for everything.

Are there any other criteria? it looks very open ended and could easily turn into just giving friends wishpoints... Then again, its happened before with WP reasons being "quest"

I find this "quest" even worse than BFH's "Pick your favourite land", or really ANY OTHER writing quest. Did Firs and Yrth know that THIS was what their WPs were sponsoring? I certainly hope not.
[/quote]

Are you blind? Where did he mention about Firs giving a wishpoint? You prolly need a leash for your tongue.

I guess it may be a long going discussion what is worth awarding WP, and what is not, that I missed due to my age... I can only assume that as MD is supposed to stimulate creativity and 'out-of-the-boxness' it would not be consistent with WP-rewarded quests with clear and objective winning criteria. Moreover, it seems that pretty a lot of WP rewarded quests I have seen in the last few months were not more MD related or even less defined in terms of winner selection.
I would assume that yrthilian sponsoring the quest is responsible for making sure WP is awarded fairly.
I hope as a result of this quest there will be more interesting military papers to read

Edited by xrieg

I personally dont like this dribble kind of quests where all you need to do is to invest a bit more energy than somebody else, and get a WP, not much talent or skills required, but, this is not the first and not the last of those, so I dont see a reason on spamming Tipu, probably because most of people wouldnt dare to question some of the quests of the veteran players. Politics.

Wow All this commotion ....What a way to start Quest Adventure haha

Alright let me Explain whats the reason for this Quest :

1) Most of our military pages are out of date due to the New changes in the Battle system, Creatures Ability, New Creatures, MP lvl restriction in Upgrading Creatures, Heat, Lowering Personnel XP Buy sac, AP , Free credit system and many more.
2) As MD does not have a Game guide. Our papers r the only guide which can assist a Noob.
3) Increase in MD economy : AS we all know 60% of MD pop is filled with Vets which is a good thing but its a bad thing when u look thru MD economy $$$. As vets we have learned how to survive MD without MD shop. This is Quite evident with tombola events and 3MD shop reset options.
Therefore this Quest will in fact aid in the increase of New players to stay longer. Which will in turn will Boast MD economy.
4) In-Game Quest : 70% of MD Quest is based on ur RL skills rather than MD skills. Such as Writing, Poems, Drawing, riddles, Codes.
Franking i have friends who r good in all these and will do my homework in Solving such MD Quest , But i don't like that, i prefer pulling someone's underwear down rather doing a cowardly cheating hehe.
So instead of me whining " This is Unfair, English noo blah blah" , I thought i would set my self as an example in conducting more In game Quest.
Which will be even for all players from all parts of the world.
5)This is our First Quest so there will be some minus but will do ur best. Give us some more time and i assure we will be more professional in conducting future Quest. Ho yes we have already drafted ur second Quest waiting for this one to finish.
6) MD comprises of Fighting + RP+ Research. But it is this ' Fighting ' which keeps young players initial with MD. It is only at the latter stage they realize MD is not all about fight. But for that they need to be sticking around for atleast 100 Active days. So we need to help them. It would be totally unfair to ask them to use their brains to fight a 1000 + yr old vet hehe. Hope this Quest provides that Boast.
7) This Quest will also remind Noobs to visit vets military pages which has long forgotten.

And Why WP Quest :
1) we want all vets to participate. All fighter vet wants is a Dragon ( which we can't ) or WP ( which we can ).
2) If the Quest is sponsored by a Angien or santa or some items . Players who don't have these creature will participate. But a player who have never fought with angien or santa how can he give tips about energy burn and freeze auras hehe.
3) I strongly believe this Quest to be sponsored By atleast 3 WP to make all MD vets to start updating their papers.

Conclusion : 3Wps = more Vet Participants = More noobs will stay in MD = More MD economy = Less MD shop resets = Less token whores = More Md pop. = more pop. means more fun. Eventually we will find a better Md forum Mod to replace Chewy (lol) hehe.

Thanks again for King GG even thou non of 3 Guards r a citizens of GG he was kind enough to sponsor this Quest. Even thou me and him had our differences in the past, but he kept all that behind and acted as a true King and took the right decision of helping MD as a Whole.

Tipu
Ex-jail
Guard of KC

[/quote]

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1312312403' post='89352']

i agree entirely with your point... I guess there is a first for everything.
[/quote]

As much as I respect you guys, That's the problem with most of the people that only focus in criticize. They ends reducing the desire on people to make quests and making a BORING MD, yes totally the fault of people that do exactly what you guys are doing (sorry to be so sincere and I apologize if i'm offending in some way any of you). Why you guys don't start creating quests? Why you guys don't do something for a better MD instead of criticize? (@Chew, I know your job in forum and I'm not talking of that, just in case)

This goes directly to Pipz.

Regarding my quest, i see you have no idea how i do things. Judging without even seeing the results is STUPID. Next time be a little more prudent.
[I stop here to not offend anyone]

@ CHEW

[quote]"Are there any other criteria? it looks very open ended and could easily turn into just giving friends wishpoints... Then again, its happened before with WP reasons being "quest"[/quote]

Many quest will look open ended, yes, and it's impossible to fix that because we are not robots and because there aren't any machines who can judge the coherence, the knowledge, etc. But that can be reduced easily by putting more than one jury and defining the points to be judged. So I don't see this as a problem.

If we stop doing what you guys don't consider a quest. Then we will stop many people to participate in MD and get involved in it. What makes MD different is the diversity. YOU guys couldn't like this kind of quests and love other types, but, on the other hand other might hate the quests you guys likes and love this ones.

Again sorry if I offended any of you, not my intentions.

@ Tipu- Your quest is very good. It gives people another good reason to work with their papers and get involved with the game. Don't surrender and keep up the good work.

• Root Admin

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1312378968' post='89387']
Many quest will look open ended, yes, and it's impossible to fix that because we are not robots and because there aren't any machines who can judge the coherence, the knowledge, etc. But that can be reduced easily by putting more than one jury and defining the points to be judged. So I don't see this as a problem.

If we stop doing what you guys don't consider a quest. Then we will stop many people to participate in MD and get involved in it. What makes MD different is the diversity. YOU guys couldn't like this kind of quests and love other types, but, on the other hand other might hate the quests you guys likes and love this ones.
[/quote]

I dont say this isnt a quest... I just dont consider how it is at the moment worthy of a wishpoint, Let alone two for first and second... maybe? Its not even said.

I love quests where you write, in that respect perhaps i was not entirely clear what parts i agreed with in pips, i glanced over his post a bit quickly i think. Im just saying at the moment, its way too vague. Other quests of this type have been done VERY well, with specific points and rating on topics. Therefore you could easily say "this one got X in this to make it the winner with Y" This is just going to be whoever likes the best, unless some more strict marking is added.

As for doing more, yeah i guess i could do more, Alliance leader, MB council, Forum Admin, Secret ingame shizz hmm, i guess i could rejoin lho... become king also... Not to mention the Bug work i do...

Edited by Chewett
how could i confuse right and write!

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1312391787' post='89399']

I love quests where you write, in that respect perhaps i was not entirely clear what parts i agreed with in pips, i glanced over his post a bit quickly i think. Im just saying at the moment, its way too vague. Other quests of this type have been done VERY well, with specific points and rating on topics. Therefore you could easily say "this one got X in this to make it the winner with Y" This is just going to be whoever likes the best, unless some more strict marking is added.[/quote]

Ahh!! now I agree! But I think the points to be judged can be kept secret till the last. Well depends the quest.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1312391787' post='89399']
As for doing more, yeah i guess i could do more, Alliance leader, MB council, Forum Admin, Secret ingame shizz hmm, i guess i could rejoin lho... become king also... Not to mention the Bug work i do...
[/quote] I not meant that >> nevermind.

@Tipu, If you still need some sponsoring, I can sponsor your quest with 2 attack lock stones.

The Judges for this Quest are

1) Clock Mater (MB)
2) Shemhazaj (LR)
3) Burns( GG)
4) Azull (Necro)
5) Zleiphneir(Neutral land)

Rewards :
1st Place - 1WP
2nd Place - 1WP
3rd Place - 1WP
4th Place - 1 Attack Lock stone
5th Place - 1 Attack Lock Stone

Winners will be picked On points basics and the final result(Score) of the participants will be posted in this Topic.
Apart from judging, mistakes or spoilers(if any) will also be pointed out to the participants thru PM.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1312378968' post='89387']
@ Tipu- Your quest is very good. It gives people another good reason to work with their papers and get involved with the game. Don't surrender and keep up the good work.
[/quote]

Thanks for those encouraging words plus for sponsoring our Quest.
Don't worry even if the entire world throws stones at me i will build a small castle out of it and will fight from there for what i believe is Right
Iam Tipu i will never give up hehe

Edited by Tipu

This is quite a tricky debate because there's too many issues at once. WP standards, quest standards, openness, idea theft, veterans, noobs, bias, cheating... I see issues related to each of those words being raised above. I won't try to tackle all of them here, but focus on the WP and quest standards:

1. There is no standard for WPs. We've all seen worse quests be rewarded a WP too and maybe we complained. However I see nothing ever happening like people coming together to debate about what the standard should be? I've heard people complain standards of certain renown questmakers and me, being too high. Now others complain some people's standards are too low. Complaining about an age-old issue after someone does it "wrong" again, is just poor style.

2. There's no standard for quests. Some people will reveal everything up front, some will post an obscure message 'find me in-game'. Some will post the correct answer afterwards, some will never release any information. Some focus on advertising, some on concept, some on scripting... Why put this 'writing contest' against an openness standard but not other quests or even other writing contests?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Quest has ended

The results r:
1st place : BFH lightning : 88 points
2nd : Xrieg : 85 points
3rd : Phantom orchid 83 points
4th : Lone wolf 76 points
5th : Nim 54 points

Rewards :
1st Place : BFH 1 Wp
2nd : Xreig 1wp
3rd : Phantom Orchid Attack lock stone
4th : LW Attack lock stone
5th : Nim Tight hug from Tipu :wub:

Now we have reduced the Wps rewards from 3 Wps to 2 Wps due to less participation and to maintain the standards of Wps .(As suggested by Judges)

Thanks to all the participants. :rolleyes: