Guest Account Oversight

Kyphis the Bard

I just ran a quick combat test on the Demo Account creatures, of its 31 creatures only 6 are combat capable. Three of them are Barren Souls, and another one is a Hollow Warrior, leaving only two combat creatures usable, an Imperial and a Joker.
Since there is no indication of what will work in combat before it is picked, anyone not familiar with MD will be frustrated by the lack of ability to actually test the combat engine, or understand that it isn't the normal way combat works (ie you learn what happens at the later stage as you reach it, rather than skipping the learning stage and being in the deep end with no instructions)

Since part of the point of this account seems to be to test out the combat engine this game offers, I think something should be done to fix this situation. The best two solutions would be to either reset the creatures advancement levels (while retaining their wins, experience, and age) so that they can be re-advanced to the highest level that MP3 allows, or to remove all the creatures entirely and give it custom picked ones. Another option would be to remove the MP level restrictions on the guest account, since combat with it doesn't count, anyway.

Not being a coder I don't know how easy any of this would be, but I think it is obvious that as it stands the Guest account isn't fulfilling its intended function.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i][color=#808080]why would they get frustrated? [/color][/i][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i][color=#808080]they'd just get the taste of something they need to work for some time after starting the MD adventure.[/color][/i][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i][color=#808080]I think it'd be more interesting if Demo was MP5.[/color][/i][/font]

I don't think it would make much sense for Demo to be MP5, since combat between MP3 and MP5 is so different. It would be confusing to see the MP5 combat, get interested, and then start and find out the combat is completely different >.>

Since Demo accounts experience and combat progress is frozen, saccing is probably not the way to go (you would not be able to get any wins or experience on creatures)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard