Music loading with page?

beauhindman

I was playing earlier (brand newbie here) and came across uhm...Dusty's Store or some other name. I can't remember exactly now. Anyway, this extremely annoying pop music started up and wouldn't stop. I shut down all my windows and checked for any pop-ups, but the only page left was MagicDuel.

When I closed it off, the music stopped. Is there a song that loads somewhere, or was I just missing an ad embedded on the page?

Beau

Well, is one of the songs a modern pop song? Some of the music is very nice, and I like having it on. But this song was a modern drum machine and girl singing dance song thing. lol It would be weird if they used it as one of their songs.

I will test that, though, to see if it was the game music. Thanks!

Beau

It probably was the music from Willow's Shop, Calabria.
You can turn music you don't like off with the 'stop' button right under the chat, but that'll stop the music from all other scene's, too, so hit play again before leaving if you want the music from your new scene to load.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I'm quite newbe here to, and it's one of the things that ahve impressed me most.
who decides (or who has the power to decide) the song belonging to a certain scene?
would it be possible to open to all players a sort of contest to let someone put a song of his choice for some time in some place?
I think that music would be an important help to the ambience of the game!
(and by the way, I liked the song for his "impact" on my game evening, someone can tell me the title/artist of that song?) Kup

The power to decide for music lies with Mur, the game-creator.
Some of the music was chosen based on player proposals, other was picked by himself. It's reserved for the most important scenes, though, not all places (should) have music.

Other than that, here is a spell that allows temporary background music on a scene, and people with script access can put music into items. Those pieces are chosen by the spellcaster and the scripter of that item.

[quote name='kuPfeR' timestamp='1319121342' post='94363']
(and by the way, I liked the song for his "impact" on my game evening, someone can tell me the title/artist of that song?) Kup
[/quote]

The song is "Calabria 2007" by Enur, featuring the lovely Natasha, who sadly passed away a few years ago in an auto accident.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1hlzLsUaU
Note, the ladies in the video wear somewhat sparse outfits, and may not be entirely safe for some work, or jealous wives. :rolleyes:
(nothing you wouldn't see at the beach though)
[/spoiler]