Lowering viscosity when attempting to leave a scene

Guillak

From old [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9999-viscosity-thread/page__view__findpost__p__87595"]viscosity thread[/url]:
[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1310386741' post='87595']
It decreases when you [color=#008000]leave[/color], not when you enter. It did decrease when people entered the scene before, but that didn't work perfectly for some reasons.
[/quote]

I just noticed viscosity decreased when you [i]try to leave[/i] a location, i.e. if you click an arrow but don't have enough AP, making the "Insufficient Action points" popup appear.

Scenario tested in the maze (nobody else is around, so no extra influence on viscosity):
- I take a step. Viscosity in the location I arrive in is 40. My AP are now below 40, say 39.
- I can't quit the scene obviously. I reload the page, nothing changes. So far so good.
- I click any arrow on the scene. Pop-up: "Insufficient Action points".
- I reload the page again. Viscosity is now down to 36, as if I had left the scene. So I can now leave the scene while I shouldn't be able to ...

Basically, if you're low on AP and moving step by step, you can lower viscosity in the current scene by 4, just by clicking any arrow and making the popup appear, and repeat this on each scene you visit. Of course you can't take advantage of it if you have more AP than required to leave the scene, so it's a bit unfair. Well it's only 4 AP ...

• Root Admin

[quote name='Guillak' timestamp='1320523569' post='95332']
From old [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9999-viscosity-thread/page__view__findpost__p__87595"]viscosity thread[/url]:

I just noticed viscosity decreased when you [i]try to leave[/i] a location, i.e. if you click an arrow but don't have enough AP, making the "Insufficient Action points" popup appear.

Scenario tested in the maze (nobody else is around, so no extra influence on viscosity):
- I take a step. Viscosity in the location I arrive in is 40. My AP are now below 40, say 39.
- I can't quit the scene obviously. I reload the page, nothing changes. So far so good.
- I click any arrow on the scene. Pop-up: "Insufficient Action points".
- I reload the page again. Viscosity is now down to 36, as if I had left the scene. So I can now leave the scene while I shouldn't be able to ...

Basically, if you're low on AP and moving step by step, you can lower viscosity in the current scene by 4, just by clicking any arrow and making the popup appear, and repeat this on each scene you visit. Of course you can't take advantage of it if you have more AP than required to leave the scene, so it's a bit unfair. Well it's only 4 AP ...
[/quote]

You enter the scene, the scene has 40 viscosity

the viscosity is reduced after loading the scene, so you dont see the change and need additional AP.

But, in visiting this location you reduce the location viscosity by 4

Then, if you reload, the viscosity is lower, so all the ap requirements is lower.

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1320528023' post='95335']
the viscosity is reduced after loading the scene, so you dont see the change and need additional AP.
[/quote]

Viscosity only decreases when you leave a scene, Chew, not when the scene is loaded. Like Burns said....

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1310386741' post='87595']
(Viscosity)[color=#ff0000] decreases when you leave[/color], not when you enter. It did decrease when people entered the scene before, but that didn't work perfectly for some reasons. So, idlers can't decrease viscosity now, [color=#ff0000]and it only decreases when you leave a place, not when you come.[/color]
[/quote]

I went and tested this in the Underground.
1) I stepped onto a scene with +40 viscosity and was left with 1AP
2) I refreshed the scene to see if viscosity was decreasing when I entered the scene. The scene still had +40 viscosity.
3) I quit and switched browsers to be extra sure. The scene still had +40 viscosity.
4) I tried to take a step and got the customary "Insufficient Action points" pop up.
5) I refreshed the page. The scene now had +36 viscosity.

So, I think Guillak's right.

Brulant, that method cannot work unless you have left some time between logged out, because it registers that you were there, so when you log back, there is no lowering.

I think I noticed how the lowering works. When you leave or do something interactive on the scene (making it register you are there- haven't tested with PLs etc, so no idea, but think it's limited to clickies on the scene), then viscosity gets lowered, no matter what you did. Be it shop, sac creats, etc.

I know, Shadow, that's why I used an alt who's currently up in the MDA.

Interacting with clickables does indeed drop viscosity. I wonder if that's because clickables load in a separate scene.

Editing PLs, sending messages, fighting, etc, doesn't drop viscosity.

Edited by Brulant

• 1 month later...