Some thoughts

dst

Of course, I only played for a week or two and I just passed in MP4, but I’ll let you know what I find annoying.

First. When all the creatures get dead, the ritual gets invalidated, yea, it is logic but it sucks.

I, personally, had problems with them as I had to lose somehow but I still had to keep the good creatures alive. So I created the defensive rituals that got invalidated after almost every lose. And after that, the creatures were “eliminated” randomly.

So, a request for this problem is to allow the creation of rituals without having to attack someone, even to create them in a sanctuary.

The second request would be to keep the rituals even if the creatures were all dead so that it would not be necessary to recreate the same one over and over again.

Second. When getting a random ritual (either for no rituals or for low vitality), I mostly found out that my archers were dealing “weaken defense” instead of dealing “damage” and that means almost certain “LOSE”.

Third. When having a random ritual for low vitality if you have the same creatures chosen, maybe it should keep the ritual unchanged.

Forth. When having a log of a fight, the names of the creatures are not always complete (or they seam like that). Example : “xxx's Elite Lorerootian Ar does damage to …”.

Fifth. I’ve found out that the name of the creatures can be changed while upgrading. Well, this can be a problem on logs as you never see the name of that creature or the type of it.

Sixth. Ok, the list of rituals seems to have a lot of information, but it would be nice to know the number of live creatures and the maximum number of creatures in that ritual.

Also it would be nice to know what creatures are in that ritual. I don’t know about you but I am including parts of creature names in the ritual name.

More to come when I have time and experience :D

I forgot to add: try to make it load faster.

And if you don’t trust me, try to play from a really, really, really low connection.

Maybe it can be possible to “preload” the graphics or to have them local (see travian) as this will free your servers and bandwidth also.

1. this has been disguessed and manu will proably be fixed later

Heh, I didn't know he needed fixing :D

dst, most of these things have been discussed before so I suggest you search the forum if you want to read more about it.

Good joke Jonn, Chewett: read below for what I THINK he is trying to say about #s 4 and 6:

4. Creatures look a lot different from level to level. If I see a creature that I have no idea what it is, in a fight. the only thing the current setup tells me is the Creatures' ID number and level. Also, if I don't even HAVE that kind of creature, I might not even know what creature has that ID number. So, short of asking that player or other players, I don't know. Also, some creatures' appearances are misleading. Such as the level Water Daimon. It looks more like a level I Aramor than it does look like a Water Guardian, of course, they are different creatures.Also, the level V, or maybe it is level VI Archer looks more in the line of a Grasan than it does an Archer, it looks, in my opinion, nothing at all like an Archer.

6. You have no idea what is IN a ritual. Okay, let's say that I want to attack... Gilbert. Now, I know that he currently has a defensive ritual that I know how to beat without hardly any loss to me or my creatures whatsoever. Now, my ritual, that always wins with little or no loss in Ve, or maybe even a gain, has 6 creatures in it. Now, let's say that I have a level V Archer within that ritual. However, I have three level V Archer's. and one is dead (or at 2-3%), another has ... 43% Ve, and the other has 100% Ve. now, I'd REALLY like to know which of those three is in the ritual before initiating the fight. and I'd rather not have to exit out and perform a test fight with that ritual to find out which Archer is in that ritual. Only to lose quite a bit of heat in the process, some Ve, and hurting the other creatures in that ritual, just to find that it had my 100% Ve Archer.

1.2 i think a reset button should be added for the forgotten rituals, at that point all combos can be reset without letting us to set the ritual manually again.

4. this should be the bandwith limit set in the programme...shold be consider a bug lol

5. haha...yea thats really a love and hate feature available...also when the creatures become low in vital you can hardly identify what is the actual creature of it unless you stay your cruser there and look at its id but as Steno said you have to memorize the id # of all creatures that scks also.

6. im setting rituals discribing the creature types and # like you...but similar to what Steno encounter, sometimes i get mix up which creature is which... perhaps setting some array strings and show them in the rituals may be good...but actually i think it should be our responsibilities to remember which ritual is which...the intergity may help you figure the # or how much Ve the creatures in that ritual.

7. i think this will be done eventually but 1st they are so busy in working the new parts :D

sky3838 i dont think 7 will ever be done. why do you really want to conserve bandwith and if you saved all the flash files onto your comp and used local links to them every time something needed to be updated you would have to update your copy

its really not needed as this game isnt that big in graphics travian uses this as they have fixed graphics but in alpha there is no point

do you even know what you are talking about???

it is a field number limit, a form of validation, which is incorrect nothing about bandwith

what i mean is the C++ or html codes variables declaring bandwidth size...its totally different from what i am talking :D

for instance the variable for referring the attacking creature name is declared as a size of 10, when we rename the creature name as "sky3838rocks" then the name will be more than 10 words and when the programme runs in the battle log the name shown to us will be "sky3838roc" and other words will be excluded :D

well...it is the codes written by the programmer. The concept is you decalre a name for a variable, *like in maths you let a specific factor as a simple algebra x, y ,z, (like let my age be x) and you can also decalre the variable size, (like let x < / = 100) so the variable will store no more than the decalred size info. If the name (info) we typed exceed the bandwidth size of the variable set by the programmer (like i rename x = 121), the outcome name we see will be "not completed" as what dst pointed out.

*the example is a way to let you understand more but may not precisely represent the real concept of variables in codes.

**variables can not only decalred to represent numbers but also words like "String variables"

So, a request for this problem is to allow the creation of rituals without having to attack someone, even to create them in a sanctuary.

The second request would be to keep the rituals even if the creatures were all dead so that it would not be necessary to recreate the same one over and over again

THINK THIS IS THE PRIORITY NUMMBER ONE!!!!!

• 1 year later...

well, as I was reading this ... i tried to remember it ...

I only remember complaining about this :

[quote name='dst' post='5594' date='Feb 28 2008, 12:05 PM']...
I forgot to add: try to make it load faster.
And if you don’t trust me, try to play from a really, really, really low connection.
Maybe it can be possible to “preload” the graphics or to have them local (see travian) as this will free your servers and bandwidth also.[/quote]

so ... it is mine alright :D
[spoiler](damn n00b ) [/spoiler]

sooo... you want to say the very same dst with all her god complexes and hyperactivity called herself 'no one' when she started?! :P

could only have been a mistake back then... or she was thinking of 'nobody is perfect' in romanian and translated it to 'No one is perfect' while she was choosing No one as playername :lol:

nothing like that :)
I chose the name for her because this words were so often in chats and it seemed fun to be referred in every conversation :)

And what do you know :) I ended up with the name :P

EDIT:
And the funniest of all when I won the HC on this char : "no one won ..." :)
Just look the announcements (when they are available) and read mur's comment on it :)

I don't understand! Is dst "No one" the account, or is "No one" the account dst? Or are they different people? It ith very confuthing! X( o.O