creature recruitment

MRWander

I m sure its far too late in the game far a drastic change as this but what if creatures were given out in a way LIKE story mode a sort of choose your own adventure mini story that depends on your choices gives a higher percent chance to give you this crit instead of that crit though it would have to be random or it could be abused. but say for an example you hug Marind in storymode instead of telling her to go away it increases your chance to get a barron soul cause of your kindness rather then a fighting creature.

Edited by MRWander

That would mean changing the entire start of thee story mode and tutorial, because right now you need your creatures before you enter story mode. Chances of mur changing this are nearly zero. Placing something like this before story mode is a bit less impossible, but still highly unlikely.

Also if this one way or another does get implanted I think it shouldn't be random. Barren Souls and the likes aren't really abusable any way.

Edited by samon

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i guess people would start taking the story line depending on the creature they want. new ones would start re-rolling their chars just to get the wannable creature :) [/font][/size]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]not all of course, but many of them :)[/size][/font]

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1326392366' post='100568']
That would mean changing the entire start of thee story mode and tutorial, because right now you need your creatures before you enter story mode. Chances of mur changing this are nearly zero.
[/quote]

I would disagree here, Mur has stated numerous times that he is unsure as to what to do with story mode, stating once that he was considering removing storymode altogether. Given this, i would say that Mur would be quite open to suggestions how to change storymode, but that it wouldnt be a folly undertaken quickly.

A good idea will nearly always be implemented, even if it takes a while for it to be done so.

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1326392957' post='100570']
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i guess people would start taking the story line depending on the creature they want. new ones would start re-rolling their chars just to get the wannable creature :) [/font][/size]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]not all of course, but many of them :)[/size][/font]
[/quote]
which is exactly why i said it should be random but based on your choices should increase the chance of getting a certain creature not making it 100% likely still.

As for creating alts to get certain creatures Mur does have a limit on alt abusers :P

And Hollow warriors can be useful if you know how to use them :P

yes i agree with alts alarm which rings in murs sweet dreams when somebody gets over 10 alts nowdays :D and he gets on close surveilance list

as for this idea... its not well explained, do i get "random" creat for every choice in story, do i get some discounts for those creats at recruit places, do i get "exclusive" ability to recruit those creats from story choice onwards, or do i get one "random" creat per choice in story, which doesnt seem logical to me since it would mean limited creats and sacrifice and trade mechanics wont work anymore and would need to be removed due to this which wont happen

maybe most logical idea would be that due to story choices made you increase chance of gettin specific creat but it would still be random pick, now catch here would be that you dont get creat but you get limit increased for recruiting that specific creat (which would mean all creats are open for recruiting but only to those that got that right from story choices), so this wouldnt affect saccin problem, nor trading... in fact it would encourage trading, but noob creats would need to be available to everyone cuz first choice in story is after beating shades...

and to even more discourage mapping of this "increase of chances" due to decision, i say that you wont know what you got until the end of whole chapter of story instead after each decision, if it would be after each decision folks could count what they got most for that decision and easily see which creat chances it would increase

so ch0 1 choice, ch1 3 choices, ch2 3 choices, ch3(mp5 only thing and not yet available to all mp5s) 1 choice
so from begging of mp3 till end of mp5 thats 21-22 creats.... which isnt enough due to amount of slots you can obtain, which is another problem

edit:but yeah still fresh mp3 has 16 slots, and if he can recruit only 7 creats plus aramor and barren soul which should be free to all, trading would be encouraged coz he could say hey man wanna swap heretic archer for ele, which would mean he gives archer and he can rerecruit it and he got ele from other player, so i guess its fine

in end, for idea of getting creats story wise rather than current recruit method, it requires a lot of thought and work to put into this since this is one those mechanics that are foundation of whole combat system, but yeah its nice idea, in fact, mur had similar idea and it was about rare/powerful creats, like drachs, angys, shades, which you were supposed to unlock during storymode... well actually to unlock path to their recruiting place... but as mp7 changed to illusions and mp6 to protector, and with ch4 not being written, with ch3 implemented only by small part, ch3 is fully written afaik but second half of it misses drawings, and as game developed further story didnt fall that much right into it since roles now do very important part which story was supposed to do

part of me thinks that storymode is still here cuz mur wasnt sure what to do yet about it since story yields certain messages which are also core foundation of game (althought all those mixups atm dont make any sense if one doesnt understands development process very well), but yet i have doubts that since mp2 stage didnt worked that good story is still here to guide new players, mainly ch0 and ch1

added edit part...

Edited by Liberty4life

idea might be unclear thats why there are soooo many posibilities on how to put it in motion, there is yet to be seen which one would be best

umm as you can see i thought more of building it on current story, but making bunch of mini stories which are tied to each land/creat could be interesting as well, oh well idk anymore too much posibilities :D

trade then :P but yeah good point

solution would then be that if you already got creature A, on next decisions chances to get creat A again should slightly lower and then this chance of not getting same creat again should increase exponentionaly, therafore after 5 times there would be theoretically no chance you get same creat again :D

• 1 year later...