Mood panel link's limitation?

Fire Starter

I tried to post a bigger link from youtube using tinyurl.com. The resulted link is 26 characters. When I entered it though, the system says "[color=#ff0000]Too many characters[/color]" or something similar. Now, when I get the "short" link from youtube.com (without the specified time, which I wanted to use) it results into 27-charaters string, but it is accepted from the system.

Unless the counter is wrong somehow, even after few refreshes, I was keeping below the limit with 2-3 chars spare.

Just tried again... I am not sure what the frack happened, but now the link Is working. This may either closed or deleted. Apparently the problem was in my TV set...

• Root Admin

yeah i reported that bug a while ago, it wont necessarily let you post Status' *near* the limit, i guess i will bump it again.

Edited by Chewett
edited to change links to status's i havent found issues with posting massive status'

[quote name='Fire Starter' timestamp='1331889160' post='106706'] @Pipz - how is this related? [/quote]
I think Pipz was commenting about the Apostrophe in "Don't" displaying as not being "Don\'t"

Could be, but I am not using " the Apostrophe in "Don't" ", I use the "[size=7][b]`[/b][/size]" symbol instead for some time now :)

Anyway, to replicate the event I must remember and type exactly what was on my mind yesterday. Which always proves impossible :D

Edited by Fire Starter

• Root Admin

there is something wrong with ' being counted as more than one char, try typing ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

as grido mentioned, its probably the escaping of the nasty '

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1331890120' post='106711']
I think Pipz was commenting about the Apostrophe in "Don't" displaying as not being "Don\'t"
[/quote]
Yes, that was my intention, sorry. I tried Chewett's suggestion, and I understand now.

No need to appologize - maybe I was using the "wrong" apostrophe after all :D And when they stack the problem appears. This is the only logical explanation, I just have misunderstood the system's message .

Maybe I still fail sometimes to remember, that I have to use the "[size=6][b]`[/b][/size]" instead.

Cheers!

• 10 months later...