Development Focus - Tagging

[quote]Tagging

The final change that is being planned is a revamp of the tag system. Currently the only people that can do universal tag and description changes are the council. We want tags to be more fluid and represent what you are more easily. Currently there are two main types of tag, one that is personal to yourself, describing your role, and a general one for summon spells. This change will allow people to have multiple tags and allow flash mobs of warriors to form and attack an enemy capital or skilled woodcutters to be able to harvest more resources through careful practice.[/quote]

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12010-development-focus-public-vote/"][u]Vote here[/u][/url]

Edited by Kamisha

[u]I think that everybody needs more details on what this should do.[/u]

I as know of, the "reason" of fighting can be used to do ... stuff. What is the reason to add another way ?

"this change will allow people to have multiple tags and allow flash mobs of warriors to form and attack an enemy capital"
there was no war in a long time? please explain this.

"skilled woodcutters to be able to harvest more resources"
You must be joking. Have you been checking how many resources these "gathering guilds" have been gathered/produced ?
Are there any places where 5-8 ppl can join and gather more then 2 times of same ressource ?

Please explain this feature.

If tags work like the ones given to lands now with those special tags (dont ask me what they are called i cant remember) then take something like the Eon thing in Loreroot - the woodcutters could strategically gather at once to level the resource and have the market advantage before Eon has the chance to get there or to get more than one or two chops etc. Then by doing that they could control someone like Eon.

With the Bob stuff, if I could sub-tag guardians then on a chop the whole 'flash mob' idea sounds appealing.

Z

Z, you lost me.

What can Eon do and the entire LR cannot ?
What you said is that LR deplete their own home resources ... you must be joking. I don't think they get below 95% across entire LR (not to mention that only they can touch all the wood outside LR) without considering herbs and water.

They are either LAZY or they DON'T CARE. Just ask them.

So, in my point of view, the feature about TAGGING is ... strange to POINTLESS.
If you feel differently, please give me more examples.

And don't just say : i can tag myself as "non fighter" therefore I will not receive any attacks. That is stupid.

Please ppl. Get creative, try to find this feature a good use ... if there is any.

[quote]skilled woodcutters to be able to harvest more resources through careful practice.[/quote]

Judging from this statement i can imagine something like, after your skill in a certain profession(ex:woodcutting, herbalism, Experimentalism, etc) exceeds a certain number(dunno how high that number should be) you can get a tag(ex: woodcutter, herbalist, experimenter, etc) that enables you a chance to sometimes gather more then 1 resources with a single use of your tool.

The chances to gather more resources would go up together with your skill level in that profession?

Edited by stavaroiu