Den of Lost Souls

Dragual

The idea is that there is another challenge like that of the Loreroot Guards or the Shop Guards. Call it a dungeon...

The entrance would be in the under ground, extending off of the Gazebo of Chaos. Maybe it could even be where Necrovion is if I have my ideas right about where the GoC is.

What I would like to see is multiple NPC creatures similar to the Loreroot Guards that get progressively harder as you move through. Maybe 2 or 3 per scene and... 5 to 6 scenes.

I think it would be awesome if, at first they are easier than the Loreroot Guards, but as you go down deeper, they eventually become more powerful then them.

I dislike NPCs in general.
Could you elaborate on what happens if you beat them? I mean, they can't just be there for their own sake, that's not what an NPC does. Do you get a back door to Necrovion if you beat them, or access to a cool shop, or whatever?
And what level of power should they have? Do you easily beat them with MP5 creatures, or do you require MP6 creatures for that? Will they have massive stats, or 'normal' ones?

• Root Admin

agreed with Nim, i dont actually see your reasoning for more NPC's other than, lets have more NPC's!

Most of the current NPC's have a specific role to play blocking something, what would the NPC's be doing there? what is their back story?

yeah exactly, shade npcs are there so that nabs can easily beat them and get somehow used to the game, willows are there to show them a bit of patience and additional motivation, since ya will need to have a bit aged creats to beat them, and as ultimate lore guards are there with huge motivator, they open whole land, and they are there so that they put hard challenge to players in order to learn them the importance of readin and analyzin combat report

so ye no point in more npcs

and well we got bunch of shades, tiny ppl, aramors XD so who knows

Edited by Liberty4life

• Root Admin

Think out the idea properly, plan how easy they should be and what should be at the end. How useful will the armour be? Ideally it will be balanced with current endgame armour to allow choices and difference

armor shop is bad idea, why?

take a look at current situation, mb, gg, lr capitols have shared aramory, mb and lr have their own additional shop, there is one hidden shop, nv capitol aramory is closed to public, weaponsmith is also closed to public although i am unsure if armor got even assigned to it, and one of tempest fort interiors should be another place for shop but it doesnt have any armor assigned and it closed, with all this in mind there is also justified assumption that there is planned another shop in nv (if so i have pretty good guess where it would be), now with so many planned shops i dont think there should be any more, i say first open up those shops and release all that armor that have their artwork done since 07 or before lol, currently we can buy less than 50% of armor out there

same thing is with creats, theres like 10-15 creat species that have their artwork done since md went public, but still aint implemented into game

oke now, lets say that there is potential for another shop regardless of the above, umm champ dome is said to be a vault so lets use it as example, more over it sounds more challengeous with yoar idea of npcs blockin path :P so we have a challenger who wants to claim "title of champ" and reclaim his "heritage armor", good we have motivator, then as wuky said, ya need to work all technically details, etc

then as i in post before, we got bunch of those mp2 npcs, now that idea of moving tutorial to mp2 has failed, wut exactly is the point of them, shade npcs are pretty much unreachable, aramors... well with all the fuss goin around them its most likely they gonna get "freed" sooner or later and disappear, then tiny ppl will most likely take a walk back to the cave, and we gonna get rid of bunch of npcs

thing that i wanna know is WHY WE NEED MORE NPCS? tell me the point of it, we have bunch of them already, 12 tutorial ones which actually have use, 20-25 useless shades at stone (well AL is dead for over 3 years now), like useless 40 tiny ppl (why the heck they left cave in first place, most likely they got scared of aramors), like "useless" (well they are useless unless ya count their role tied to recent events with knatty etc) 60-80 aramors, all those npcs already make 50% of md population so to speak, and yep they have all the characteristics of npcs, only difference between those and tutorial ones is they are mp2 instead of mp1 and they dunt have location picture, but instead they show up in online list, but they still can be beaten only once on each mp level and can be attacked by anyone (well actually i am pretty sure that there is still bug that didnt got fixed which allows ya to beat any npc again after 1 year of waitin, and then again after 1 year and again and again...)

puttin new npcs just to guard some shop ahem... >_> doesnt really sound ... "healthy"

and ya can see that atm in md npcs are used either to guide new players in begginin or to add a spice to some special ongoing event in which mur wants to show some special "force" of nature/principle in action

also ya can see that murry also tends to put puzzle, wp cost, land loyalty or similar requirements for accessin specific parts of realm

imo ya need a hell lot of a better reason in order to get more npcs in game

so many potential spoilers there Libs.... :ph34r:
But I agree, there are quite a few NPCs already and more might not be too useful, except as a one-time quest to challenge people, then they would be gone again for them. Similar functionality would be to get a key to the "armor treasure" you were mentioning as the reason they exist, and have guards of players, similar to the Dominion event. That way, control of the realm is more in the hands of us players, not some automated npc force. :D

• Root Admin

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1342187613' post='117442']
oke now, lets say that there is potential for another shop regardless of the above, umm champ dome is said to be a vault so lets use it as example, more over it sounds more challengeous with yoar idea of npcs blockin path :P so we have a challenger who wants to claim "title of champ" and reclaim his "heritage armor", good we have motivator, then as wuky said, ya need to work all technically details, etc
[/quote]

Champions dome already has a purpose

If you want to add scenes, they need to be drawn, approved, "SWF'i'fied", uploaded, coded ect... Thats a lot of work :P even just getting artwork in MD style approved to be new scenes if hard. Most of you wont remember the dojo, that had a scene planned out, drawn mostly in MD feel, massive effort behind it all, but murry wouldnt put it ingame as it didnt fit "the plan"