Acquiring artist for an 'easy' job

Jubaris

Hey guys. I wish for someone to draw me a MD avatar by using my forum avatar as reference (the bird costume thing).

Paying can go up to 35 silvers, depending on the quality.

Out of my amateur perception, it shouldn't be too complex, but I would like some good shading work there.

Anyone interested? Post up your work here, or PM me... Concept art encouraged so you don't waste your energy too much 'for nothing' if I don't like it for some reason...

Just as a pre-emptive; If it's too similar to the picture itself (presuming Princ didn't make the forum pic) then it's plagiarism or whatever, so sh/would be denied uploading. yada yada about bad things happening to uploader.

Yes, thanks for the comment Grido. Whoever ventures in this work, try to change something for it to be legitimate, yet not to disturb the original too much.
It is a single cover.

[img]http://music.porkrind.org/Depeche%20Mode/Singles%20Box%205/Walking%20In%20My%20Shoes/cover.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1349210121' post='122879']
Emm, not trying to take this offtopic but... are you a woman Reggy? The cover figure has some body parts I never thought you had...
[/quote]

I'm guessing this is where " change it enough so it's not plagiarism, comes into play. :P

Is there a tight time frame for this? Cause I sort of am behind my commision queque due to playing with panda's and warring on guilds a bit too much.

Oh yeah, and getting a slight concussion, doesn't help a lot either.

Edited by biermann

Hahaha... Yes, I guess avoiding breasts would be very appropriate... :D Please make it so, without female breasts (or just make the whole picture seem unisex in some way). Although, if you make it THAT GOOD with breasts, I would not ask you to change it.

No, there's no tight time frame. The only tight frame you should worry about is someone doing the artwork before you, posting it here, resulting in me liking it very much and buying it.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Also, one more thing. An artist mailed me, and asked what details I would like to change in the pic to get it to be legitimate.

I will quote my response for everyone else to see.

[quote]

I'm a big fan of the original, so, with heavy heart I will venture in this proposal of changes on the picture :)
By the way, there are several interesting variations of the Depeche Mode birdwoman, pictures all around the net. If you have the time, watch videos for "Walking in my shoes" and "In your room" by depeche mode, you will see the bird.

I would like it to keep its head high, hide the breasts by just shading them out properly (or even put some clothes material there you deem appropriate, but the less details are visible and in shades, the better).
Any more 'radical changes' would perhaps come in the general position, they may come in some small details you deem fit, but I don't think they are required for it to be legitimate. The bird costume is not THAT unique for its variations to present a copyright problem.
[/quote]

If the artwork is good enough, you should think of some sort of a bribe, so you can be sure it doesn't "accidently" end up in the Shop's section, instead in the Artist's vault :P

Just kidding ^_^ - don't forget, when ready, to contact us previously uploading, so things could go as planned.

perhaps I shall conjure up a quick draft. But most likely it will not be as desired hehe. I'm not quite suited for copying a design in a minimal fashion. Must ... pour....in ...own...creativity.
It's not even really about the copyright. It's about dreading to hear 'oh you drew the depeche mode album cover, neat, it almost looks alike!'.
Ah well, I shall try something quick, but with more then just boobs removed :)

I don't hold grudges, mild concussion, memory leaks out too fast to hold grudges. Like I should have remembered to rbing my doodle back home to scan so I could send it out today. Which I forgot.
(And in all fairness, you're probably better of not picking my idea due to the estimated time needed to complete)

• 2 weeks later...