Dear Members,

My name is Boaz, I'm a member of Magic Duel who goes by the name of "Apocrypha Aquila". I'm professionally an artist. I was introduced to Magic Duel by my friend "Menhir". I found MD really interesting especially because of the conceptualization involved with great artwork. Offcourse i guess I'm not the only one who thinks so. :) But the relation it shares with art gave me an idea of introducing myself.

As i have already done an avatar for my friend Menhir. Members who are interested in getting a new avatar, a creature or any kind of crazy idea's and concepts related to illustration can contact me through MD.

Warm Regards,
AA

Edited by Grido
removed a bit

I'm VERY curious to see what effect you'll have on this world with your artwork... You may find some competion with other MD artists, but I think that makes the world all the bit more interesting...

I wish you well in your travels, and antipate seeing your work in-game.

Thank you so much for your recognition..it really gives hope and drive to do better when seeing such positive n warm responses..I really wish to deliver what the members would like...
I really don't wish to compete or evaluate my work with other artists on MD..I believe everyone has an inner skill...one only needs to reach the point of realization to accept and be happy with what one has..
I only opt to do better for my clients and friends.

Thank you for you wishes..I wish u all the best in your endeavour.

Regards,
AA

Hello Boaz,

nice to see you finally on the forum, it´s been awhile since I saw you in India. I miss the Artwork in your post did it get removed in some way? I never posted the Avatar so far in the forum here. As far as I know you have to put the Avatar which I already "prepared" it into the game with your MD account to get him approved, because you´re the artist. I don´t know how it´s been handled that the avatar appears on your own website too? Maybe someone can give a statement here how to handle those things.

I hope to see you in MD anytime soon.

Menhir

As stated on the upload page;
[quote]By submitting this image you are stating that you have permission to do so; in that either you have drawn it, or the author has granted permission for you to submit the image to us. You are also stating that it is drawn by hand in the medium of pencil.
The submitter holds the responsibility that the image has not been copied or heavily influenced from another source, and as extension to that, is not under copyright by another individual or company. By submitting the image to Magicduel, you give full permissions and copyright to Magicduel Adventure LLC to use it as is deemed appropriate. In submitting this image you agree not to distribute the image to any other individual or organisation, and also that [b]not distributed elsewhere prior to uploading.[/b]
By submitting this image you, the submitter, understand and agree to these terms. It should be noted that these terms apply even if the image is denied.
For any questions relating to this please contact art@magicduel.com[/quote] my bold

@ Menhir: Thanks, it's good to be back..based on the talk we were having related to your avatar, hopefully it shud go well now..looking forward to play together further in the game and learning more.. :).

@Darth: I'm all ears whenever theres a talk related to my interests. :) Do let me know the description of your avatar explaining the character's appeal. Also, Offcourse if u want to check out other artist's before please do so..

@Etluc, Grido and Fire starter: Thank you guys..

Just to give the people an idea I'm pasting a sample image of the original non-edited version of Menhir's avatar.

Enjoy folks!

Best wishes to all,
AA

[attachment=4221:rob-avatar_0001.jpg]

P.s. let me know what you guys think..;)

Edited by Apocrypha Aquila

Looks awesome! a clear reminder ewhy I never bothered to make my work out of artisty things :)

Still, it looks awesome. Just one little comment, it might be too good. As in, awesome detail like on that book, well, that might be completely gone when you resize the thing to the tiny 160*100px for md. (I draw some avies myself, lacking this amount of skill as I pretty much never drew before arriving here, but the biggest hurrdle is dealing with the size conversion)

Edited by biermann

@ biermann: Thank you for the comment. :) For the resizing of image part..I couldn't agree more with you. If you do have an interest to draw I can only advice you that it only comes with time and devotion. You have the drive, skill follows with practice. ;) Thats how I learned..!!

@ Nimrodel: Thanks. Sure I can, send me a detailed description. We'll see it from there. :)

@ lashtal: Thanks mate..Great respone..all of them...highly valued. :)

Really appreciate the overwhelming responses I've recieved from in-game players till now...Hoping for more to roll in... :)

Just a little update for the Avatar requests.

*Details and specifications required while drawing. (Only if required, otherwise I compose and create as per your shreds of idea's!!)

[indent=1]- Face (Ex. covered, uncovered, beard, old etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Hands (arm-band, naked, gloves etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Feet (Boots, sandals, barefoot etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Attire / Clothing (Cloak, robed, armour, special desins on clothing etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Weapons (If any) (swords, sheild, axe, staff, bow and arrow etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Gestures (Smiling, serious, angry, mystyrious etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Perspective and position (Sitting, standing, levitated, sideways, facing front etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Background (if any) (Forest, shadow, rocks, fog, cave etc.)[/indent]
[indent=1]- Formations, creatures etc. and of what kind with specification or any type of modification to simple aspects.[/indent]

Taking requests on first come first serve basis at the moment. Would like to thank all of you again for your recognition. :)

Best Wishes,
AA

Well, it is probably linked to the entire reputation deal. The more forum activity and such, the more rep you get and the more functions unlock. You, for example, probably can't post pictures into someone elses thread and stuff like that, or make your own gallery album. You can try asking Chewett to boost your rep. Or just upload the image into the gallery and then using the 'My Media' function in the bar above the text field to insert the image.

Ok..you're probably right as i also had the idea to create an ablum and upload it through there but i wasn't able to. Some options are somehow removed or not available...but then how can i send someone an image file if not through PM or being given an option to create an album??

• Root Admin

There are lots of other ways to send images on the forum.

If you are just sending it, use any one of the millions of online storage websites.

You cannot do many things on the forum until you have reached the appropiate amount of posts, being 20 currently. This ensures that spammers do not have access to large amount of more devious spamming tools as they previously did.

Ok...well, it would be a lot easier if one did not have to use a third medium to upload a picture through an external domain or website..but if that's what I have to do till some features unlock depending on the no. of posts....btw whats with this facebook story? I know I'm not the only one mentioning in relation to this but they've been monitering vigorously...just wondering if it's actually backend security/checks/whatever technical reason OR they simply lack originality?

Chewett & Grido : Thanks for sharing the information guys..appreciate it.. :)

• Root Admin

[quote name='Apocrypha Aquila' timestamp='1350438073' post='124126']
Ok...well, it would be a lot easier if one did not have to use a third medium to upload a picture through an external domain or website..but if that's what I have to do till some features unlock depending on the no. of posts....btw whats with this facebook story? I know I'm not the only one mentioning in relation to this but they've been monitering vigorously...just wondering if it's actually backend security/checks/whatever technical reason OR they simply lack originality?
[/quote]

Learn to search?: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12296-facebook-is-reading-my-private-forum/