Call Centres

purplebunny

I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION! GRRRR! :(

This is coming from some-one who used to w*rk in one and I hated it then! Been trying to get through to my mobile phone provider the past 2 and a half hours and no luck! *sighs*

purplebunny

lol thanks burns, even tried pressing zero at every option but it didn't work! *sighs* am going to Belfast tomorrow and there is a store there, so will go in and hopefully get the problem sorted...if not...well let's just say they won't like me when am angry!

I used to work for ok..not really a call center because i was not dealing with end users but with "capable" engineers so in order to compensate cause I couldn't yell at them, guess who was the "customer from hell" when something was not working properly (especially the internet)?

Sometimes pressing hash at every occasion sticks you right though.

But yeah, making loud noises to everyone till you get to the manager/supervisor is always a good bet. Threatening to sue for something or other gets someone capable of doing stuff on the phone quick as well.

@grido: making loud noises to everyone till you get to the manager/supervisor is NOT always a good bet.
Try to talk politely and make the other one as annoyed as you are then go straight to manager and threaten him with customer protection and rights :evilgrin:

I recently also had several hours of the 'call center experience'. The first wing of people spoke English so badly I could barely understand them, but they all understood the word 'supervisor'!

Isn't it sad, though, that you often have to be angry in order to get satisfaction? I'm really an overly nice person normally.