Unable to Stalk dst and awiiya

Ackshan Bemunah

So because of my recent removal from the Treasure Keepers, I no longer have enough AP to enter the archives.

This is an atrocity for two reasons.

Firstly, I no longer have enough AP to visit awiiya on my own if I choose to.

Secondly, I no longer have enough AP to visit dst in the log room on my own if I choose to.

Nevertheless, I definitely do not have time in my current state of personality to commit to the Treasure Keeper role, and won't for a while.

I propose that my problem is not just my problem --

OTHERS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MEET AWIIYA, EVER, BECAUSE VISCOSITY AND UNDERUSED MDA GATES and this is terrible.

A solution must be found.

Uproot Awiiya?

Move the log room?

Or something less extreme...but if that's what it takes. You know.

I sound like Fang. :=3)

I would not like to be uprooted, but I would not strongly disagree with being met on occasion.

I also think that the viscosity that has built up around my area has overstayed its welcome and would love to see a few people band together and reduce it.

If I had a bubble weaver, which I could reclaim, I would give said people bubbles.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1 Tainted Angien still available at the MDA Gates! Come grab it now! [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive] :rolleyes: [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]See my wonderful ideas?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Ackshan Bemunah' timestamp='1354774141' post='127572']
OTHERS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MEET AWIIYA, EVER, BECAUSE VISCOSITY AND UNDERUSED MDA GATES and this is terrible.
[/quote]

Ever? I think that's a tad bit of an overstatement. What was the viscosity there again? (+80?) I know it's now +0. I'm sorry, but 280 APs is nothing. I've gone in the gate to GG (without pass papers, and without any land loyalty), which requires more than double the APs, and I'm a mere 261 active days old.

Magicduel is unlike most other games in that it requires patience. Now yes, there is something to be said against 'pointless waiting', however it's not pointless. Some places in the world (like North America) have people who are totally lacking in any amount of patience whatsoever. Mur should get a Nobel Prize for his community service in this area (half-joke).

Edited by Change

[quote name='Change' timestamp='1354790194' post='127645']
Ever? I think that's a tad bit of an overstatement. What was the viscosity there again? (+80?) I know it's now +0. I'm sorry, but 280 APs is nothing. I've gone in the gate to GG (without pass papers, and without any land loyalty), which requires more than double the APs, and I'm a mere 261 active days old.

Magicduel is unlike most other games in that it requires patience.
[/quote]

The tools are certainly there. I've used them (pre-TK) though I didn't feel like using them earlier today.

But the Archives are a central enough part of what MD is (housing the papers, the archived documents, and awiiya) that I think that gate should be kept clean of viscosity. Minimum AP cost is 120, which is relatively reachable for an mp3. Really 160 and 200 are reachable, too, even without outside assistance, but the default is +40, not 0. The gates need to be maintained.

(Also I'm selfish and impatient, especially when playing MD at late morning hours from my home in America amidst the strife of college.)

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

[quote name='Ackshan Bemunah' timestamp='1354790585' post='127646']
(Also I'm selfish and impatient, especially when playing MD at late morning hours from my home in America amidst the strife of college.)
[/quote]

I'm glad that you're honest. :) As a side note, all of the people who get negative reputation could easily change their posts so that they wouldn't get it. But then we'd never know the whole story.

However, I don't think that impatience should be rewarded. Rather than asking other people to do things for you, why not propose a more permanent solution?

For instance, it could be made so that when you click on the gates, you're given a riddle or piece of trivia that has to do with the Archives. If you answer it correctly, then the AP cost for you getting in is reduced by a certain amount. If you get it wrong, you have to wait a certain amount of time before trying to answer another question.

Just one idea, there could be many more.

[quote name='Change' timestamp='1354791533' post='127649']
For instance, it could be made so that when you click on the gates, you're given a riddle or piece of trivia that has to do with the Archives. If you answer it correctly, then the AP cost for you getting in is reduced by a certain amount. If you get it wrong, you have to wait a certain amount of time before trying to answer another question.
[/quote]

Personal affront in omitted section of post, must retaliate overtly that it's stupid not to assume good intentions. I could omit the previous sentence and improve my net reputation by about 4 points. I don't care. There's a clear psychological reason (not an oxymoron) why I achieve things that win me tormented souls rather than angiens, at least in the past three months.

The reason viscosity accumulates is because people gravitate toward the orange dots on the map. A time and place to go somewhere is ENOUGH to combat the problem. There is no need for new code.

Though new puzzles and riddles will always find their place in MD.

[quote]But then we'd never know the whole story.[/quote]

Sorry for the misunderstanding. By this I meant I encourage people to post things that they know will get them neg repped, as opposed to posting censored things that don't show what they truly feel.

I absolutely hate misunderstandings, and I find that quite a few of arguments end in people saying, 'Oooh! That's what you meant. I agree with you then!' There really needs to be a real life Fusioneers to collect the Heat from all of those arguments. :D