HC crisis.

Shemhazaj

Exactly! How is your whining relevant?

Your argument is invalid.

Explain how once a month HC would be better than once a year. Know also, that you are against the last HC update by Council, by saying so. Also explain how my argument is invalid. You can't cast spells, training goes down due to people just going and hiding in one faraway place, people just quit HC and say they'll simply win in the next one, it's THAT easy. And you want to make it even easier aka simply giving out rewards freely every month?

Look at MD's population. Then look at what percentage of it already has the heads medal and cannot participate. Then also look at the percentage of those who don't want to participate out of those who can.

Edited by DARK DEMON

We could allow those who have won HC to cast spells on those who have won HC so that those who have already won will be unaffected by the potentially monthly event.

Maybe an option to "opt out" so that you cannot gather score or heads but can still cast and be casted upon.

We could allow those who have won HC to cast spells on those who have won HC so that those who have already won will be unaffected by the potentially monthly event.

Maybe an option to "opt out" so that you cannot gather score or heads but can still cast and be casted upon.

Someone can cast indefinite spells on some HC participant to help them win. That's why no spells. If winners can cast on participants... bad result.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Rophs, on 16 Jul 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:snapback.png

DD please read harder before posting. I already covered that.

I presume that we could somehow assign every player a Boolean variable that we could check with an if every time they try to cast a spell or take heads.

if ( headscontestenabled )

don't cast the spell

else

cast the spell

Edited by Rophs

And then you come to what I proposed in comment 40 :

I will copy / paste it to you here :

[spoiler]

On topic: Indeed, the interest in HC is fading for MP5 and from what I've read in all your posts, you all recognize one thing but still fail to see put the finger on it: there is no point in competing for HC in MP5.

One should ask himself :why should anyone compete for HC in MP5 ?
There are many reasons for NOT competing and some may simply be:
- the reward is not that great
- there is a major change in game play during HC = the MP5 get lazy (most of them do it in time)
- there are so great chances to win HC by mistake
- one can get more "rewards" from a crowded location (like GoE in its best of days) in just 1 day with less stress

And many other reasons and all in various degrees FOR EVERY SINGLE MP5 PLAYER without a HC award.

There is just one solution, simple and without disregarding out any MP level:
1. separate the HC per MP levels
2. HCs for MPs should not interfere. Each should start in a separate week of month for exactly maximum 1 week.
3. each MP level should vote to start / not start the HC that month
* week 1, MP3 vote
* week 2, MP4 vote, MP3 play
* week 3, MP5 vote, MP4 play
* week 4, MP5 play
4. each stage ends within given time. If targets are not reached for each stage's time, the HC for that MP ends with no rewards even if it was close or even if it was in stage 2 or just stage 1.

In the end, there are only good things like :
There will be no discrimination for any MP level.
Each will play safe withing their own levels.
BHC can have 1 full week to do its worst with no interference.
There will definitely be rewards for the active MP.
HC can be tuned as needed for each MP level as needed.

And one would say : "ok, great, so why would an MP5 play now ?".
The answer is already there : "HC can be tuned for them to want to play".
Or: "It just doesn't matter anymore, they would not bother the other MP levels".

Have fun and good luck.

[/spoiler]

Entirely mostly new Heads Contest Idea

By Sir Jester McJestington the Third, Esquire

Instead of having four winners each category, everyone could fight for heads and win something. Your score at the end of Heads is your points. Points are then redeemable for prizes, such as Coupons like No One suggested, a Gold Heads medal if you get enough score at the end, and whatever other things people want in MD. Things that are only available through Heads could be incentive to play as well, such as a resource gatherer for a high amount of points.

Each MP level would have different prizes, with MP5 having the best. With this point system the strongest fighters could rack up points for better prizes, but just participating could get a high enough score to win something. This could add a whole new element of strategy to the game like trying to steal a massive heads ball from a grinder for one count or teams rotating to all get points. To somewhat level the playing field anything would go in this contest, so any spells you have could be used. Also the more people who are online to accumulate heads, the more points would be available at the end, so hopefully this would encourage people to stay online to get access to better prizes.

Someone with a better grasp of what's available and how much its worth currently would have to make this list up, but just for the sake of an example:

If you finished Heads with 10,000 points, you could then trade them in for a prize worth 10,000 points, two worth 5,000 points, or 10 worth 1,000. Basic prizes could be resources, expendable items like cake or rarer creatures like Angiens or Tormented Souls. In this idea points would not carry over and would be reset each game, but allowing people to save up is also a possibility.

The basis behind this idea is to reward participation instead of winning due to other's inactivity.

This is a rough idea so any input is appreciated.

Edited by Jester

Perhaps we can do it this way:
HC is held the last week of every month
Sun-Mon score anywhere gen heads anywhere
Tues-Thurs score anywhere gen heads at GoE
Fri-Sat no moere heads generated, score at GoE
during the previous week you can use the "opt out" feature and you will not generate heads, steal them
onewinner monthly and winner can choose a reward from a prize pool (eg some coins, a wp, stats, credits) or acombination of those

we wouldnt have to wait for the HC to end

anyone who has already won HC or who optedout can cast spells and be targeted by spells

edit: we could also use the jester reward system

Edited by Rophs

@ Jester:

Nice idea with points.

The problem comes from the fact the the strong & active will ALWAYS get the most points. So, the way you proposed can only be played as a BHC.

We need a solution for HC so that it would make it attractive and to enforce competition.

My point is that without 10-20 players of same MP to actively play it ... there is no point in holding the HC for the that MP.

I would actually compete in HC as an MP5, but I do not have proper internet connection to stay online long enough to actually win. So there is no point in me ever even trying to compete.

If there was any way to change the HC this would be my suggestion:

Heads are ONLY gained through combat.

A win in combat generates 3 heads.

A loss in combat generates 1 head.

A tie generates 0 heads.

Then base the scores off of total heads count instead of points generated by the heads. This way the contest actually ENCOURAGES fighting instead of running around and hiding for 3 days straight.

Actually that would not be really fair as fighting groups would / could generate the large amounts of wins required to win.

We still need the "steal effect" of the win.

I would actually compete in HC as an MP5, but I do not have proper internet connection to stay online long enough to actually win. So there is no point in me ever even trying to compete.

If there was any way to change the HC this would be my suggestion:

Heads are ONLY gained through combat.

A win in combat generates 3 heads.

A loss in combat generates 1 head.

A tie generates 0 heads.

Then base the scores off of total heads count instead of points generated by the heads. This way the contest actually ENCOURAGES fighting instead of running around and hiding for 3 days straight.

@Menhir: both MD & HC crisys but MD is almost impossible to change so we could concentrate on the HC.

PS: if you have nothing else to think of, you can always join us.

Edited by No one

Actually that would not be really fair as fighting groups would / could generate the large amounts of wins required to win.

We still need the "steal effect" of the win.

@Menhir: both MD & HC crisys but MD is almost impossible to change so we could concentrate on the HC.

PS: if you have nothing else to think of, you can always join us

I'm curious, how would fighting as groups and working together be any different than now? The only difference with what I suggested is that it encourages people to both actually WORK for the points, rather than sitting around, and it also helps people that want to help each other out gain wins. In fact, the only ones that it would really help if they decided to work together are people like me, if you really want to go that far. People that don't have alliances would be able to trade wins back and forth A LOT faster, and be capable of getting in A LOT more matches. Thus netting more points. Making it even harder for veterans to work together to score big points and allowing us weaker players to team together to actually stand a chance in the HC.

I have always dislike the whole stealing concept, but I also realize that with the current set up of the HC it would be impossible for most people to win if it didn't exist. So I accept it. If there was a way to be rid of it, I would rather do that.

I'm curious, how would fighting as groups and working together be any different than now? The only difference with what I suggested is that it encourages people to both actually WORK for the points, rather than sitting around, and it also helps people that want to help each other out gain wins. In fact, the only ones that it would really help if they decided to work together are people like me, if you really want to go that far. People that don't have alliances would be able to trade wins back and forth A LOT faster, and be capable of getting in A LOT more matches. Thus netting more points. Making it even harder for veterans to work together to score big points and allowing us weaker players to team together to actually stand a chance in the HC.

The problem is that it would be more unfair by far then what it is today /was at the beginning.

You are taking the fighting comments out of the context of HC & what you proposed. So, the whole idea of HC is to fight ppl involved in HC and to being unable to sit for too long and fighting the side effects of large amounts of heads and running to keep those heads as a whole  and finally winning fights or losing strategical fights.

With what you proposed ... ok, it is not JUST sitting, but you will never interact with the other groups. There is no need, you will just lose time tracking their groups. If you don't have a bigger group, YOU WILL LOSE.

The concept of stealing is good. The idea of generating heads ... could good. The problem is when you generate heads from fights.

And you mentioned that alliance ppl are in disadvantage. You are wrong. You forget what alliance means. It means a group of ppl sticking for same purpose.

You cannot compete with large active alliances that want to win HC the way you proposed. They will drop out of alliance and they will fight each other in the hidden / faraway locations that they have access to. An active alliance would have access to huge resources that would allow them to win HC for all of their ppl .

So, do you still think that alliances are in "disadvantage" ?

I think we could change MD, and getting more people to participate in heads certainly would.

My original idea was to create two seperate HC contests for MP5, with an elite category and a regular one, with elite having better prizes, and once you choose the elite category you're stuck with it forever, no switching back to normal MP5 and dominating.

Edited to add this section:

Since my idea has people winning prizes even if they don't have a huge score, being in the elite category would still get you good prizes even if you weren't No One or Eon, so people would still have a reason to join it.

Edited by Jester

Perhaps (this is a bit of a strech and admittedly a bad idea needing much development) the HC becomes an individual player event a player may start by himself once every two months at the fastest. He must then compete in an HC against bots and defeat the bots.

Although certainly very different from what we have now and also difficult to implement this could certainly (after we make it "good") replace or supplement HC.

No, bots are not allowed in MD. They are not / never where taken in consideration with more then : "never".

MD & HC is about ppl interaction.

I beleive by Bots, he means things like the Guards outside Willows,  Loreroot, and the Shades of Tutorial...   NPC is perhaps the better term?

That being said, I think ultimately it would be a bad idea.  Bots/NPC are more static foes.  Heads contest is about the entirety of the combat system, and thus to me requires a more active and shifting foe.  ie:   the rest of us together.  :)

By bots I meant actual "players" that would moce around. More like KC or Wodin but mobile and competing with you and eachother in a miniature heads contest. It's an idea needing development, we could just end up using bots sometimes if there aren't enough people for a proper HC.

• Root Admin

By bots I meant actual "players" that would moce around. More like KC or Wodin but mobile and competing with you and eachother in a miniature heads contest. It's an idea needing development, we could just end up using bots sometimes if there aren't enough people for a proper HC.

We are not going to add bots to the heads contest if no one wasn't clear enough.