HC crisis.

Shemhazaj

I agree with the idea of re-modifying the HC, although I still don't know why MP3's got excluded from participating, now MP4's will face the same fate.

Heads Contest went from "toughest fighter contest" to "idling contest" in my opinion and needs some modifications, modifications in terms of who will participate and who are willing to go for it. Forget the automated thing, it's not working anymore because there aren't enough participants. It should be met with enough players in order to start, or make it a 2 times a year event to give the new players enough time figure out the fighting system, learn some good strategies etc. before having them join the contest.

No offense to anyone who are supporting to make the HC exclusively for MP5's, but the idea will bring MD a small amount of disinterest to some to continue playing. I think these kinds of small exclusions and unnecessary changes are the reasons why people leave MD in the first place. A certain percentage of the population are only interested in fighting, now it will be taken away from them. Take away the HC from MP4's and let the MP5's have all the fun and let them swim in an ocean full of glowing jelly fishes and colorful sea-unicorns. What's the next thing to be taken away from lower MP levels? Citizenships? Alliance invites? There are a lot of MP4 participants in this HC, I fail to see the reason as to why they (we) should be excluded.

Lastly, this obnoxious mass mind control of what you should do at your current MP level, is a complete and utter BS. A player do anything he wants, he can be a fighter in any MP he chooses to be, and I really think we should let them realize the concepts of the game and let them choose what level they think they can be a fighter. Different battle outcomes? Sure, atleast they discovered some enlightenment on their way up, enabling them to see a larger picture of the fighting system. I'm saying this because I believe this is the root of the reasoning about the MP exclusions, some kind of a misplaced sense of classification of the MP levels, thus having them excluded in some particular events such as this.

[quote name='Tal' timestamp='1360746386' post='132571']
yes, those where mostly played by the winners, by [color=#000000][b]gathering[/b][/color] heads and then idling somewhere away from the people.
the only level its still fun to play hc is mp4.
[b]few stats[/b] [b]or tokens[/b] involved, and no spells.
[/quote]

Did you even try to gather heads? because the only time I found you with a bundle of heads was when i stole from you.

when talking about stats and tokens... have noticed what you have on defence?
[spoiler]
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6096/tal6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9620/tal5.jpg[/img][img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4616/tal4.jpg[/img][img]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4109/tal3.jpg[/img][img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5196/tal2c.jpg[/img][img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5421/tokens1.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Edited by Nimrodel

[quote name='Lazarus' timestamp='1360750623' post='132575']
(...) certain percentage of the population are only interested in fighting, now it will be taken away from them. Take away the HC from MP4's and let the MP5's have all the fun (...)
[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]MP3 and MP4 were meant to be a temporary state. Mind Power used to learn things and when you're ready to advance. With each Mind Power player was to have new challenges and new possibilities opened to him/her. Right now with changes made in crit transfer and heat (xp) lowering by sacrifice it's easy to stay MP4 for a long time, but why would people "only interested in fighting" resign from advancing to MP5 "the ultimate fighting Mind Power" is beyond me. There's no Eon to be afraid of anymore...[/i][/color]

Well we can never be sure about that Shem, there are people like Falsh Nubrigar, February, Padishar Creel, Tom Pouce (?) etc for MP3's, me and Innocence and the others for MP4's who started their "MP vows" long before Eon's rise. I'm not certain why they would remain at their current MP level, for dominance or research maybe? Or they will decide to advance soon, but like I said, we can never be sure about their advancing. Not a big deal anyways, I was just pointing out the equality for all MP levels to actually have them involved, not just giving them the illusion or "feeling" of involvement to these kinds of competitions or any other events in MD.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The only true reason MP4's delay advancing, as I did too, was that they are scared, simply.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Scared of what?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]1) Extremely strong MP5's, leading to a firm belief that they will be completely destroyed after advancing to MP5. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]2) They would only be able to win if someone lets them win.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]3) No meaning in combat. You can aim to be the strongest MP4 around and actually work towards that, but you simply cannot work to be the strongest MP5. You'll remain weak in front of some MP5's all your life, making all struggle pointless, so why advance?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]EDIT: Some may deny this, but it's unfortunately true. I get loads of PMs about this...[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360768023' post='132591']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The only true reason MP4's delay advancing, as I did too, was that they are scared, simply.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Scared of what?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]1) Extremely strong MP5's, leading to a firm belief that they will be completely destroyed after advancing to MP5. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]2) They would only be able to win if someone lets them win.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]3) No meaning in combat. You can aim to be the strongest MP4 around and actually work towards that, but you simply cannot work to be the strongest MP5. You'll remain weak in front of some MP5's all your life, making all struggle pointless, so why advance?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]EDIT: Some may deny this, but it's unfortunately true. I get loads of PMs about this...[/color][/font]
[/quote]

So, they'd rather stay as the strongest larva ön a branch than turn into a butterfly and fly into a bigger world? Weird.

It seem that the original intent of the game is lost by many old hands in MD

See this quote from the intro once written by MUR

Quote from the game intro:

"[b][size=5]Mindpower levels are not experience levels! You can remain at a lower MP level or advance, its a matter of choice[/size][/b]. At each level the gameplay will change a bit. Finding your role in this community is a task that you will have to do on your own and based on your true self. You will also learn that there are many "shades" between black and white and that loyalty and perseverence is rewarded nicely. "

What next?

This game is thought to be played a bit every day, comming back daily will give you certain advantages over time. Talk to the other players, share ideeas and work together to upgrade your characters, they are always willing to help someone new out. A lot of things like fast regeneration of creatures are possible only with help from other players, and no its not cheating, its a unique form of collaborative play so that you can bend the rules of the game in your favor. Keep an eye on the changelog, things are updating frequently. From time to time "Game Borders" are expanded and new features, competitions or even entire lands open for more adventure.

Welcome to my world, a one of a kind game, Enjoy

-- Mur

[b]And as an side note[/b] when head contest was open to MP3 I had strenght enouth to be confident to win gold head if i would have want it.
And i did understand enought to know that head contest is not really an fighting contest, but an contest of hide , and keeping most time log in game, and getting help
I halways made it so that i did not get head, its only because i still want to keep with some leaway before cap, ... want to level some new creature i may get my hand to , at mp3. I would have get heads when or if i got to cap and just before being ready to go mp4 ... if i ever chose that.

For me combat is not usefull in MD,. its would be usefull only to win either head contest or bos head contest and get that title of being winner

Edited by Tom Pouce

war war war :)

In the end simple fact is that HC can't be really sustained as is now. Just scrap it for now (for atleast when we have 1000 new players) and start something new. Maybe even contest just for mp3. They don't even have to be coded just player quests that are sustained and uniformly working all the time. For example make them go to MDA and then find a way to GG and so on just continuous goals.

Anyway, there are many ideas for all that what i suggest is to scrap the HC for few years and concentrate on other contests

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1360769577' post='132594']
So, they'd rather stay as the strongest larva ön a branch than turn into a butterfly and fly into a bigger world? Weird.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#006400]Unfortunately, that's the case, yes.[/color][/font]

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1360768538' post='132592']
Advancing to mp5 is the normal life cycle of a player. If some choose to not go through it then they should be excluded from the global view. It's like in a Gauss distribution: extreme points are not taken into account.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It's not normal anymore. It's not that "some" choose not to advance. Currently, "most" don't want to advance. Exclude most from the global view? Let MP5's decide what's best for MP4's? Time's have changed. I know MP5's have had the experience of being MP4 so they should know what's good, but MP4 now isn't like it was in the past, like Shadowseeker pointed out.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Extreme points aren't, I know, but this isn't extreme. Not advancing to MP5 early is completely normal now; people delay for many many months.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1360784849' post='132599']
For me combat is not usefull in MD
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Yes, exactly, cause you know you'll never be stronger than the current grinders. But we still fight, cause it's fun.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1360848386' post='132629']
Probably not liked by many but...

RESET HC. Let anyone participate on them, maybe we can give it a twist aka change the contest name style etc and give a new medal...

IDK just a very undeveloped idea of mine so comment on this and give new ideas!!
[/quote]

Most vets would probably just wait until they get cold medal again. That is if they cant win this round then drop out at all so still no competition.

Edited by Miq

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360768023' post='132591']
[/quote]Sorry DD. There is no point in combating anything you said. It is pure idiocy grown and promoted [s]by some like you[/s]. If you want to debate on that, please open another topic.

On topic: Indeed, the interest in HC is fading for MP5 and from what I've read in all your posts, you all recognize one thing but still fail to see put the finger on it: [b]there is no point in competing for HC in MP5[/b].

One should ask himself :why should anyone compete for HC in MP5 ?
There are many reasons for NOT competing and some may simply be:
- the reward is not that great
- there is a major change in game play during HC = the MP5 get lazy (most of them do it in time)
- there are so great chances to win HC by mistake
- one can get more "rewards" from a crowded location (like GoE in its best of days) in just 1 day with less stress

And many other reasons and all in various degrees FOR EVERY SINGLE MP5 PLAYER without a HC award.

There is just one solution, simple and without disregarding out any MP level:
1. separate the HC per MP levels
2. HCs for MPs should not interfere. Each should start in a separate week of month for exactly maximum 1 week.
3. each MP level should vote to start / not start the HC that month
* week 1, MP3 vote
* week 2, MP4 vote, MP3 play
* week 3, MP5 vote, MP4 play
* week 4, MP5 play
4. each stage ends within given time. If targets are not reached for each stage's time, the HC for that MP ends with no rewards even if it was close or even if it was in stage 2 or just stage 1.

In the end, there are only good things like :
There will be no discrimination for any MP level.
Each will play safe withing their own levels.
BHC can have 1 full week to do its worst with no interference.
There will definitely be rewards for the active MP.
HC can be tuned as needed for each MP level as needed.

And one would say : "ok, great, so why would an MP5 play now ?".
The answer is already there : "HC can be tuned for them to want to play".
Or: "It just doesn't matter anymore, they would not bother the other MP levels".

Have fun and good luck.

PS2:
@MrAlyon: I know you are better then this. Don't try to be an idiot. The HC is 4 moths apart. Even if it takes 1 month, you still have 3 months to play with your new toys as you want.
Help them change HC in a constructive way. It is in your best interest too.

Edited by No one

[quote name='No one' timestamp='1360871699' post='132645']
Sorry DD. There is no point in combating anything you said. It is pure idiocy grown and promoted by some like you. If you want to debate on that, please open another topic.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#006400]LOL :))[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#006400]And then people call me ignorant???[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#006400]I'm the one telling them to advance and that there's nothing to be scared of. If yuo want to call it pure idiocy. go ahead, I don't mind cause I did NOT start it.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms, cursive][color=#006400]Blaming me for no reason... pfft.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Increase the rate at which you get heads? Get more than 1 head (maybe 3?) at each interval?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]EDIT: That would still slow HC down cause people can use alts to take the head ball and log out. A better solution would be that the score should increase by the number of your heads, not 1/3 of it. This would allow people to get their score higher faster, and make HC end faster cause alts stealing heads wouldn't make as much a big difference. [b]One of the main reasons HC lasts so long is that many people steal heads and log out, whether or not they are alts.[/b] [/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

Increasing the number of Heads distributed will not do anything, it will just increase the changes of [b]winning by mistake[/b].
And will most likely unbalance the game-play for the other MP levels.

Re-read my idea [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13731-hc-crisis/page__st__20#entry132645"]posted above[/url] . And add / comment if you have anything.

Logging out is just a way to disturb the contest but in the end the competition is just a bit different.
And logging of is not a new problem. Initially it was "hiding in places with no chat".

[quote name='No one' timestamp='1360871699' post='132645']
There is just one solution, simple and without disregarding out any MP level:
1. separate the HC per MP levels
2. HCs for MPs should not interfere. Each should start in a separate week of month for exactly maximum 1 week.
3. each MP level should vote to start / not start the HC that month
* week 1, MP3 vote
* week 2, MP4 vote, MP3 play
* week 3, MP5 vote, MP4 play
* week 4, MP5 play
4. each stage ends within given time. If targets are not reached for each stage's time, the HC for that MP ends with no rewards even if it was close or even if it was in stage 2 or just stage 1.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This idea is quite good, though there's one thing wrong... :wacko:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]All MP's should have HC's together, not at different times. This would be because a certain section of the realm would always be busy with HC for one week, and many events taking place may be missed. If HC takes place for 1 week for all MP's, it'll leave the rest of the month for events/meetings for everybody. If it's spread out, there won't be a single time when all MP's can meet together for an event, gathering, etc. Also, this would mean that certain spells won't be castable for many weeks if it's spread out with different MP's at different times...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]One week may be extremely less if people keep using alts to take heads and log off. If there's no time limit, it gives people hope that they can still work again and win. But with one week, nobody would be able to even participate if people take heads and log out. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Hence, may this be combined with my idea of score increasing with the number of heads, not 1/3 of it? :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]EDIT: The main thing, in my opinion, which should be changed is the stupid excuse used for everything that HC is unfair. It's all what people say, and that's exactly what doesn't make people participate. All the reasons eventually lead to one reason: HC is unfair [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The current scenario ---> participants complain ---> complaints get shunned using the excuse "HC is unfair" ---> the people who shun the participants say themselves that HC is out of participants ---> why?[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] Because of the[b] 3 words.[/b][/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Make HC fair. That's what's wrong.[/color][/font]

[quote name='No one' timestamp='1360920299' post='132660']
Logging out is just a way to disturb the contest but in the end the competition is just a bit different.
[/quote]

(sorry, forgot to add this earlier)

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Umm... it's not a "bit" different, unfortunately. :( I would have probably won this HC long ago if people hadn't stolen and logged out with the head ball numerous times.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

HC is way too fair already. Give us the ability to take heads again, that's when unfair comes into play. :))

I do agree that HC shouldn't spread out over several weeks. Just turn it off til we find a proper solution.
I'd think that the HC just outlived its purpose. It doesn't determine the stronger fighters or better tactics anymore, we're all just waiting for it to end.
Maybe we should just reduce the time on the contest, it just drags out too long...
We could try it with 24h stage 2 and 2k score to start, maybe? Then we'd at least have the winner being the one with most dedication to it...

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1360923643' post='132665']
HC is way too fair already. Give us the ability to take heads again, that's when unfair comes into play. :))
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But jokes aside, you have to admit it's quite unfair still, no?[/color][/font]

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1360924317' post='132669']
DD you haven't seen unfair HC -.-
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I know, you've told me that before. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The point is:

Do you not agree that people would be more willing to participate in HC if it was fairer and if the excuse, "HC is unfair", was not used all the time?[/color][/font]

I highly doubt it is the matter of people finding HC unfair and not participating - problem is finding people who are active and haven't won it yet.
HC was always a very popular competition, just, too many players participated in it and now you don't have much people eligible to run for it.

Also, another factor: I personally would very love to try out at BHC, but I simply can't afford to be online 24/7 during the competition, and Head contests require that from you if you seek for success.