Anonymous Quest Voting Ann. 2518

Chewett

• Root Admin

A new Quest Voting page has been designed and is currently being implemented. This will be used to judge bigger quests such as MD Birthday events and can be used by any quest maker and TK's to judge quests they are sponsoring. The basic interface is available via a link on the topbar but it does not work at the moment.

One useful facet is that it is anonymous and can allow quest makers to receive feedback relating to their quest easily from those ingame. A discussion has been created on the forum as to make suggestions to improve it or questions.

Edited by Chewett

Indeed, i'd like to see a rating for organization (though i can already see all of us failing)

And i'd suggest 'time taken' to not be used, because of Einstein's argument. Maybe a fun/thrill rating instead. I can imagine many quests that go by quickly, but are no fun, and wouldn't think of them as better than quests that take long, but make people enjoy themselves.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1364023159' post='134320']
And i'd suggest 'time taken' to not be used, because of Einstein's argument. Maybe a fun/thrill rating instead. I can imagine many quests that go by quickly, but are no fun, and wouldn't think of them as better than quests that take long, but make people enjoy themselves.
[/quote]

The rating for time taken would be used to assess different types of quests, rather than how good/fun/hard it was. The assumptions that a short quest is better than a long one is silly, as you point out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[i]I have a remark in taking account of the latest voting for MD Birthday's quests. It is rather interface involved.

If possible it would be better if you actually see a screen that confirms your vote, cause otherwise it's rather unclear if your vote was counted or not.

Otherwise, great feature!

Elthen[/i]

• Root Admin

[quote name='Elthen Airis' timestamp='1366983335' post='135325']
[i]I have a remark in taking account of the latest voting for MD Birthday's quests. It is rather interface involved.

If possible it would be better if you actually see a screen that confirms your vote, cause otherwise it's rather unclear if your vote was counted or not.

Otherwise, great feature!

Elthen[/i]
[/quote]

It does state your vote has been counted, but i was rushed to do the code so it was ready on time. i plan to make it more visible of voting.

• Root Admin

This has been updated to use a nicer display for warnings and sucess.

See below:

[img]http://magicduel.com/temp/better_feedback.jpg[/img]
[img]http://magicduel.com/temp/better_feedback_2.jpg[/img]

We are planning to slowly move other warnings and similar over to using this format, for a more standardized and easier to use MD.