Search Feature for messages to search the author's name as well

Valldore Nal

I would add that the best evolution would be for smth like a suggestions search. Idk what it's called, but every search provider uses it. Like when I type "d" for example, I get all the players I have talked with, that start with a d - dst, DARK DEMON, Draconas, etc. In alphabetical order perhaps. and it remembers the selection after we return to the messages list when done reading certain message.

That sounds wonderful! I'm pretty sure I've messaged the majority of active people at least once in the past year (PMs last a year as of ann. 2153), so this would be a great way to contact pretty much anyone whenever!

Wait a minute...

(In all seriousness, this could be solved by having search-by-author only look through messages from, say, the past two months.)

Urg, great, list a reason that then puts me against the idea xD

It's intentional that you should have to search out a player before messaging them, so for you to be able to avoid doing that would be against my understanding of the principles of MD, and so be bad...

Well, in all honest, the reason i thought this would be good was to be able to search for messages from specific people in order to sort them out a bit, not for easy access to anyone who has ever pmed you. 

So how about this (which i believe fixes the problem, but no idea how easy it would be to implement) : allow a search by author only for the people you have in your friendlist. Those you can pm any time anyway, so it won't be a way to avoid looking for people and it will still be within MD principles 

So how about this (which i believe fixes the problem, but no idea how easy it would be to implement) : allow a search by author only for the people you have in your friendlist. Those you can pm any time anyway, so it won't be a way to avoid looking for people and it will still be within MD principles 

Um... not trying to down the mood or anything but...

The entire MD Population (that matters) is already on my gigantic friends list so...

Ya know...

No need for this at all.

But it WOULD be nice to be able to find specific pms. Yes it could be used to contact anyone whenever, but, ya know, tomatoe tomatoh ( o3o)

Problem solved! We all PM to Fang then he resends them to whoever is the receiver :D

Plus! Wookie, you can thank Fang, cause now you don't need to do all the coding for the new PM system :P

Edit: And the best of all - we all get to blame Fang if any message gets lost/mis sent/altered etc. :cool:

Edited by Fire Starter

Yep, I love the idea.  Call them "Howls" instead of PMs.  Problems solved.  

But back to OP, searching by authors would be nice too, for those older messages that get lost in the shuffle.

As grido also said, i was all ready to implement this tonight, until someone mentioned the "i can pm anyone"

The message system is actually planned for a change soon :D

You can already PM people who have sent you a PM but aren't on your friends list by replying to their PM (which I'm sure most people have realized). You can also star said PMs to make a list of people that you can PM at any time. Thus, it's like you have several pieces of paper from people that you can use to find their essences. The friends list is mainly convenient for seeing if people are online.

I'm looking forward to this change though. :)

Edited by Change