Countdown Timer off...

Gjinja

I understand the server issues we're having & hopefully this will be fixed when that is addressed... but I'm not sure this is a server issue. It may be, I'm not that up on servers & such...

I've had some problems with the timer being off so I decided to test it & I refreshed 3x in a row... the timer said 8:43... refresh... 9:04... refresh... 8:04... refresh... 7:14.

so then I let it count down to about 5:25, then refreshed again... it came back saying 9:04. <--(major descrepancy)

Again, I understand we've got bigger fish to fry at the moment, & perhaps this isn't really a big deal to others. But I try to time my free credit click, gaurd & other big battles, etc, with my trips to the shop & so far I've lost major VP (around 65,000vp total in 3 events) due to slow page loads (which the new server will put an end to I'm sure) & the timer being off.

Just a heads up so if the server isn't the cause here we can check into it when time permits...

*(Edit) Ok, I just tested it again... started it at saying 3:47, I refreshed... 9:04, refreshed... 1:57, refreshed, 0:38... refeshed... 0:05... refresh... 9:34. Then I let it count down to 6:00 & refeshed... came back at 9:57... refeshed 1 more time & it came back at 1:47... I give up... going to bed, lol

i tried it for myself and it kinda worked

the timer started off at 5:42, i refreshed it and it went to 6:10... after that the timer was right on after about 5 more refreshes

but i do remember a couple times i was trying to time something to the second and refreshed the page just to make sure... after the refresh the time changed by 4 or 5 minutes, so i think this has been with us for longer than you think... just never addressed

I had the same miss-fortune described above when wanting to get some armor, but that was 2 days ago.

I don't know how it was implemented that counter, but I guess that it counts down from the time you last logged in.

Maybe the formula should count more on the system's date which is constant.

I'm positive I'm not getting any vit/VP with the time descrepancies... the whole reason I noticed this problem was due to me running out of time to get to the store, so I watched those things very closely. & when we were advised to refresh when the mail & battle links repeated over & over (which is also still happening btw) I saw these major inconsistant leaps in the timer then.

I use IE6 atm... tried switching to IE7 but my comp wigged when I tried to install it so I switched back. Also have high-speed cable connection w/2.9gig processor & plenty of ram.

I've also used Firefox here & didn't see alot of difference in performance issues, they seem to be about the same as far as the page loading & timer situation.

Like I said, not pitching a big gripe as I know we're in the midst of switching & fine tuning our new server... I'm also in Chapter 3 & there's issues there, & this may be exacerbated because of that... just wanted it known. :(

I've been experiencing the same thing but now i just got my worst one yet, a few mins ago. When according to the game i had 2 minutes left to regen and i had counted that it was exactly 8 mins from my last regen were i got VE i refreshed the page and my counter was at 9 mins 58 secs left to regen. I dident get any VE at all and now it's gone down to 2 mins again after waiting another 8 mins...hopefully il get some now...Oh and im at mp4 but only just finished the story a second time if that helps any.

PS. i got my VE the second time xD

Hi,

the same for me. Unfortunately it happens very often, especially when I do the "free credits" to get some VP to buy a better weapon. Usually I finish the free credits at approx. 5:xx, then I refresh and the clock is 9:xx and I got no VP. This is very annoying, because it happens very very often.

By the way I use Firefox 3.0.

• 2 weeks later...