New tabular inventory

Laphers

First off, I really like the new layout of the tabbed inventory.

That said, you removed the ability to right click and refresh the frame.  Is it possible to add a refresh to the top of the inventory frame similar to the mood panel so players who want to check if their gathering tool has cooled down don't have to click "See More", "Inventory", "See More" (to bring the inventory closer to the top) and finally "Tools" to see if the tool is ready to use again?

• Root Admin

First off, I really like the new layout of the tabbed inventory.

That said, you removed the ability to right click and refresh the frame.  Is it possible to add a refresh to the top of the inventory frame similar to the mood panel so players who want to check if their gathering tool has cooled down don't have to click "See More", "Inventory", "See More" (to bring the inventory closer to the top) and finally "Tools" to see if the tool is ready to use again?

Yeah thats general Mur changes, not actually related to the change of making it tabular. Annoyingly turning on debug mode doesnt (unlike on the other pages) disable this "feature" so i will bother him about that. But thats not actually for anyone cept coders.

But i agree and will add a refresh button tomorrow :)

• Root Admin

The following items are in the default tab of my inventory:

2010 Best Artist Trophy
Dusty Book of Savelites
UTOB Trophy

Two of them are trophies and the book is actually an usable(scriptable) item.

If you are going to give me custom items please give me item ID's

I like the layout of the tabbed inventory. I just have 2 potential improvements:

1. When the inventory is first opened I would like to see all of my items in one long list (as it was before) and be able to use the different tags to 'filter' my inventory.
  2. My current tabs are: "valuable | tool, rare | tool | resource | enchanted, consumable | consumable", this is also listing each combination of tabs I have. I would prefer it if comma separated tags each ended up as single tabs. For example, my tabs would appear as: "valuable | rare | tool | resource | enchanted | consumable" which saves more space in the interface and won't get out of hand with every possible combination of existing and yet to exist tags.

I would be interested to hear other peoples views on this and if what I propose would be more/less helpful to the majority.

Edited by The Warrior

Below are in default, not sure if they should be? (Names aren't exact)

id:10514 "2010 Fossil" - Trophy

id:6873 "GG Pass papers" - usable

id:4 "copper compass" - usable (scriptable)

id:18789 "history of elu" - usable (has text doc, not scriptable)

id:18 "telescope" - usable (scriptable)

id:51 "tube of blue oil color" - usable (scriptable)

2 issues (maybe they have reported else where but maybe they were not):
- I use a tool with cooldown and there is no refresh as to that tool has a cooldown: eg: use candybox and it remains the same until i refresh)
- I transfer some resources for example, from the resources tab and, at the end, I am taken to the default tab. This is quite annoying.

Yeah thats general Mur changes, not actually related to the change of making it tabular. Annoyingly turning on debug mode doesnt (unlike on the other pages) disable this "feature" so i will bother him about that. But thats not actually for anyone cept coders.

But i agree and will add a refresh button tomorrow :)

1. I agree with The warrior, the "default" list should contain the complete list. Just use another name like "other" for items not in a specific category.

2. I have valuable ... | tool | ...| crafter | ...  | bestiary ...

In "crafter" I see only the "Box of rainbow candies". can't all the tools go to "tool" ?

3. as most of the ppl have only 1 bestiary .. can't it be grouped to something else like "valuable" ?

4. as dst said : when moving from one tab to the other, the cooldown should change (refresh of the content on tab change)

5. as dst said : when using one item, it should remain on the current tab

If the work on remaining on current tab is started ... maybe it can be fixed also the other choices :

- the open / close "see more" link box

- the current link - inventory / mood pannel / spell pages ...

i wouldnt really say its a big thing but on the same vein as the candy box, would it be possible to have the same with the pickle jar? (12281) and have it moved to tools or valuables?

and on another note, the "enchanted,consumable" tab is very confusing with the "consumable" tab, because for me, each word "consumable" is on a seperate line, its not so much a major problem and i could get used to it, but i thought i would bring it up as it hadnt been mentioned before.

http://tinypic.com/r/2cz7eoj/5

Sy

• Root Admin

I will look at making the item type changes tomorrow as i have spent time working on the server this morning. The suggestions for changing item types should continue to be made as they have been wrong since they started, but clearly this feature means that people care if they are typed wrongly.

The changes made to how the inventory works will be done at a later date when i have reviewed all suggestions.

I have the following items that appear under "Default". but wasnt' sure if Trophys were to be put under Valuables, or where.

I saw others posting them, so thought I'd send you my list.

(ID: 45839) 2012 Top Techie - Trophy
(ID: 45838) 2012 Most Popular - Trophy
(ID: 45837) 2012 Helper of the Year - Trophy
(ID: 16987) Möebius Scroll - Usable/scriptable Item

In default are :

Coin Pouch    --> 1092
dst's Leash    -->56638
Gold Watch (broken)  -->17437
Samon's Leash -->56654
Transparent Flag  -->8153

And I think that all "leash" items are in "default".

Can you change the "default" tab to "other" and have the entire list of items as "default" ?

• Root Admin

All those that have sent me details, i will deal with them tonight hopefully, i havent forgotten them. I may have lost them if they dont get done tonight :P

No one, you have already suggested that before and im not blind, please dont repeatedly request the same feature.

I also have some items that appear on the default.. though i'm not sure where they correctly belong, still here is the list:

(ID:37400) 1st Place Trophy - MDSF
(ID:18779) History of the Elucubrat
(ID:32413) Life Orb (usable)
(ID:32230) Staff of Seven
(ID:9429)  Sword of the Storm
(ID:35317) Third Place medal

Thank you
darkraptor

My default list:
- 2012 Champion Fighter (ID:45836)
- Decorated Lance (ID:3232)
- Flask of Sand (ID:7480)
- Golemus Pass Papers (ID:6870)
- History of the Elucubrat (ID:18778)
- MR Knight's Crown (ID:8502)
- MR Knight's Ring (ID:8501)
- MR Knight's Sword (ID:8500)
- ``Bob`` T~Shirt (ID:1081)

- ``What`s a Mur?`` T~Shir(ID:1080)

• Root Admin

Im not changing personal items, they will stay in default for now.

Changes i have done:

Added consumable to all drunk items
Added tool to all pass papers
All craftable tags changed to tool
Added tool to all leash items

• Root Admin

-----

Im not ignoring the suggestions of code changes and such but atm i am unwell with a permanent migrane and working at a computer is painful so i am sleeping a lot.

So the code changes will be coming, just when im better.