Voting

Dalorian

:( Hello,

This is a Bug that i have found and exploited on a few occasions when I was straped for time. But overall I understand the importance of having more players join, so I dont exploit usualy.

Im sure many will get upset at me for posting this Bug, But i figured that overall, this will help increase our Population and give me/all of us the oppertunity to play with more people...

Basicly; The bug is within the Voting system for free credits. :)

You can click the voting links and close the window Immediatly without doing the CHeat-gateway click that finalizes the vote and still get credit. In some of the links, it is automatic, so it dosent matter, But in many of them, they require you to click a secondary link to finalize the Voting process....

Sorry to all those who now hate me for this report. But i figured it was about time I said something about it. I was starting to feel real guilty about taking advantage of it on occasion.

I know that in the Rules, It says that we can exploit bugs to a point. But ive felt ive exploited this one enough.

Once again. Sorry all for this report. :)

I'm pretty sure Manu and others are aware of this, but I guess they can't really find a way to make sure the players click the links after to submit votes. . . I think this is why it's been said that the free credits page will be taken down some time later.

As for me, I click all the links after that are required to vote. . . it really doesn't take that much effort, and I think I would click them (occasionally, heh) even w/out the free credits and other bonuses just to try to make MagicDuel more popular. I think it's rather cheap that others don't.

I'm pretty sure Manu and others are aware of this, but I guess they can't really find a way to make sure the players click the links after to submit votes. . . I think this is why it's been said that the free credits page will be taken down some time later.

As for me, I click all the links after that are required to vote. . . it really doesn't take that much effort, and I think I would click them (occasionally, heh) even w/out the free credits and other bonuses just to try to make MagicDuel more popular. I think it's rather cheap that others don't.

I can only see A lessening of Values in the overal Availability of Profits by eliminating the Free credits links for this game... THis option is A VERY UNIQUE OPTION!... Trust me.. Ive played over 120 Differnt, UNIQUE, computer games both Browser and Regular type computer games/Multiplayer COmputer games over the last 15 years... This is a unique and valuable asset...

Let me explain why.

Players who may have no money by the time they start this game: Reasons?: Age, Paydays, Uncertainty of dedication to this game... ECT....... Will Very much appreciate the ability to join the higher Echelon of players by Voting where the Higher ranked players who Probably most of them pay more often then most, dont Vote, and thus dont help spread the word... Benefits for voting is a VERY GOOD THING!

THUS; Allowing Free voting for Small credits over time will ensure dedication and POSSIBLE/Most likely, Depositing in the future from those who become addicted and want to advance faster.... B)

EDIT:

Perhaps concidering More Sites to add to the Free voting process and a possible increase in price for MD shop advancments in the future would be in order....

COncider this; Over the next 5 years, Increase Either the number of Voting sites, or the Value of Voting, In COnjunction with an increase in value for benefits/Income in the long run for efforts rendered for all involved in development, from MD shop type items and player population base over the next 5 years... Like a mathmatical curve.. Not Geo-metric, but SLightly the same.... This would benefit the server, Programers, Artists, Gammers, Future Programs, ECT!#1........

I have a 153IQ. First time i took the test i was 18, i got 88, at 22 I got 133, at 25 i Got 153....... Im only getting smarter.. I can help you figure all of this out to advance into the future of gaming without falling behind with most games as times go by... :)

The best games, Are hardly ever the best... But more often the most recognized.... :(

My only real concern about this thread is that KING MANU will not read it.

That might be so, if enough people would actually vote in the first place. . . But, I'm not sure how much being one of the top on a voting site really helps. As for me, I almost never refer to sites with votes, I just try out what my friends tell me are interesting.

That might be so, if enough people would actually vote in the first place. . . But, I'm not sure how much being one of the top on a voting site really helps. As for me, I almost never refer to sites with votes, I just try out what my friends tell me are interesting.

Good point, as do I, but I also tend to look at the first name that pops up most of the time And concider it first when im simply browsing around for a new game to start playing so that I can be the friend who tells my friends about the games. :P If others do the same, (Which i belive they do) then this would meen that you increase you odds of being checked out, Which would conform to the belifes of all these site creators due to the fact that they set up the voting system in the first place. :D

cant the credits be set to be given after you click the validation?

Well, the reason why the voting sites have portals and all of that is to prevent cheating (not exactly sure how it prevents cheating for the ones where you just have to click 'yes' or 'no'; can't you use a macro? I know some of the sites have it set so that the 'yes' and 'no' switch positions sometimes, though. Maybe that's how it works. The ones where you have to type the codes shown in the images I get...), so the point is to have to go through those extra steps. . . I think MagicDuel can only know if you've gone to somewhere if you've clicked a link that was put on MagicDuel, so if MagicDuel wanted to know if you gone though the validation of the vote and give you the credits once it knew, it would have to set the link to the validating stuff, and that wouldn't work because the anti-cheat stuff have the steps before like entering the codes, etc., and the voting sites wouldn't like it anyway . . At least, that's how I thought it through. I don't really know the technical stuff, heh, which is evident by how I use 'stuff' here and there. . . Just guessed it through.

• Root Admin

exploiting the voting system this way will lead to one thing only...removal of the voting page, or at least canceling the credits reward there. I think to many exploit this. Voting is something that players should do because they like the game, if i provide the voting links and i also give reward for voting at least you could do is to click the damn vote button in the opened page. "Its Free" :P

exploiting the voting system this way will lead to one thing only...removal of the voting page, or at least canceling the credits reward there. I think to many exploit this. Voting is something that players should do because they like the game, if i provide the voting links and i also give reward for voting at least you could do is to click the damn vote button in the opened page. "Its Free" :P

Aww, Manu, that sounds frustrated and sad.

I'll click the voting links once in the while if you leave it up there even though the free credits will be taken away.