Quest creation partnership - try 1

• Root Admin

This is a wild experiment for me. All well known quest makers are invited to participate, except Kyphis and Yrthilian. They are already on the list with something else:) Yrth can use the details here to present his own that we discussed in private. Kyph should focus for now on the other one he knows about :)

There are some new features lately. I will offer my partnership for one quest. You need to plan a quest that will follow these specifications, and the one i will pic will receive my technical support to be implemented fully in the realm. I will pick just one, for now.

This is my way of "playing" :)

requirements:

- the theme needs to be simple yet captivating

- needs to be perpetually replayable. The way it will reset it will be discussed, but you should anticipate the potential abuses

- needs to use the new clickables system. I will provide artworks and implement them,

- it can use the new pickable items, progressive and simple combiners, no cauldrons this time.

- you can ask for 1- 5 custom items based on an existing functionality, with reasonable variations as needed.

- It can use creature totems for rewards

- it can use "no transfer items". These are items that can;t be transfered at all, helping with abuse control (prevents hoarding, or alt use)

- needs to require traveling through at least 15 scenes to be solved

- needs to be playable continuously, without requireing any pause or waiting. This means that if your brain helps you, you could start and finish it the same session, not tomorow.

- Difficulty level: easy, long

- Can offer one wp as reward at the end (dispatched automatically)

- you can require of me a volume of approx 25 tasks ( will use this when deciding if i accept an entry or not, lets say it will be some sort of work volume estimation for me. I have no limits when it comes to work done for md, but i need to impose such "limits" to myself so i will be sure i can also finish it, not just start it)

- IT NEEDS TO BE FULLY AUTOMATED

Legend:

"it can use" - means you can require such functionality in the quest, but it is not mandatory

"needs to" - means it is mandatory to use that feature or respect that requirement

"you can ask for" - refers exclusively to the items belonging to this quest, as part of the quest functionality, and you need to think of a way for them to remain within the quest. These are not for rewards or your personal use.

"the theme" - refers to the general theme. look&feel of the quest, not just to the quest idea. For example this includes the way items appear in size and built, the names used, etc.

NOTE TO SELF: make a sort of clickables that appear based on other inventory items. Example: pick a detector item, other items show up. IF this feature is done in time, i will add it to the options here.

-----------------------

Once approved, i will require clear tasks, like "create item x with description y and art to follow z ideea, place it in _coords_ scene" ..and so on... but till then , for now, just present the quest idea

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

1) write in very few lines of text, what the basic activity will be in this quest, and try to describe the intended look&feel of the quest. I mean, present your quest suggestion in a few words but in such a way that i can use my intuition to imagine how it might look like in the end. (i am not explaining something simple in complicated words, i am just underlining a certain perspective i am interested in, instead of just saying "describe your quest"

2) list the features it will use

3) list the new features or feature variations it will require. The less the better

Thats it

to be honest i am not sure if this is something complicated or it actually makes things a lot more easy for all the quest makers out there. Afterall, more options might mean more freedom to make an awesome quest, but might also mean lots of complication. We shall see :)

I will consider three things when selecting:

1) how easy it will be for me to do the required things. For example if you require something that conflicts with other features or does not exist yet, your entry will most likely fail

2) how accurate you seem understand the potential use of these features. If i feel you understand them well and you won;t come with nonsense, it means less stress for me when doing what you will require

3) how nice the idea of the quest is, its theme

Ask me if you need more details on one or the other feature. You could also ask me fast if a certain quest idea sounds good to me before you elaborate it, that way we avoid deception.

GOOD LUCK!!

ps. depending on how this will go, i will offer certain benefits to the quest maker, assume you will be richly rewarded if you are selected..not sure what yet.

Wow, this is exactly what I hoped was available :D

I've had a bit of the framework in mind since long ago, but I still need to flesh out the actual details. I do realize that I don't have as much time for MD, so I don't expect to actually get this selected for this particular batch, but I'm going to share the basic idea here.

What I have in mind is a game-integrated quest as a way to hand out the Golem creature as reward, and most importantly make it available even if I am not in MD anymore. Quest would include building the golem core (can be implemented as an untradable quest item that will be switched out for the actual creature's totem - but probably works better as an untradable Lv 1 creature from the beginning, with the idea that they're similar to the eggs, a very basic form for the creature). Quest chains would include performing the rites needed to upgrade the creature to the next forms (with functions checking if the creature has enough xp/wins). 

Features needed (new features in bold):

- needs: Implementation of the creature (artwork and creature description are all ready, abilities theme as well but I'm honestly not in touch with how combat goes nowadays. I'll need expert suggestions on how to balance the creature abilities and still make it desirable.)

- needs: Clickies, functions to check creature level/xp/wins, player's principles

- It can use : new clickable objects

- It can use : semi-NPC characters (wodin-ish) that automatedly appear at completion of certain objectives (this is just for flavor, can just use the clickable to achieve same result otherwise). Upon further reading, this is actually similar to the clickable that appear based on other inventory items idea you mention.

- It can use : a quest-specific shared gathering tool. Pickable only by those doing the quest (the tool dispatch location can be made to appear only if character is in quest), returns to dispatch location in one day to prevent abuse, collects unique material for the quest only. No transfer. In the same vein, it can use a quest specific simple combiners.

1) The general idea of the quest are layers aka dimensions. Something happenend in MD, but your not sure what. After some strange encounters, a layer will open and you are able to shift events and change the story. The story is based around some individuals who don't know who they are and where they came from, yet they are connected somehow. The quest will go similar as storymode with multiple endings. There is a replayability because of this, there will also be a final ending when you got every possible ending at that point. Shifting through layers via an item in your inventory will cover or uncover some pickables/clickables.

2) The quest will make use of some new clickables positioned across some lands. I also need the feature that a clickable appears when you've got a certain itemfd in your inventory. I would also like to have a clickable that has multiple stages/images similar to the bushie plant, only this one requires pickables to advance which are picked up earlier. I think this is called a progressive combiner, else put that feature in the list of features that needs to be added for this quest.

3) An item that allows the player to shit through the layers, this is just an item that changes in a similar item when used. So that that other item can be used to let a pickable/clickable appear in the scene.

• Root Admin

visibility of clickables based on inventory is now possible. I shall consider new features as i read your quest suggestions, but till i am sure they are done, don;t count on them. Also you will notice a very negative mood in my replies, thats because i point out the issues, does not mean that in the end i might not pick your quest to work on.

@udgard

- the golem is not available as a creature (not sure what happend to it, does it have artworks and all that? i lost track)

- i never put on the "it can use" list anything related to npc "woodin-ish" sort of things, i don't intend to

- having items check creature stats/level is also something that is not yet there

- i like the general flavor of "building the golem core", could work, its just the way till there that has many obstacles..the big one is there is no golem (artworks mainly).

- building a creature by collecting its components and merging them somehow sounds good and golem would fit best, just if you could stick to EXISTING features

@rickstar

- i might get the general idea of what you mean, but i have absolutely no clue how you see this done in curren scenes. Are you talking about various items that change look based on what you collect?

- there is no feature to change "stage" of a clickable based on inventory, At the moment there are progressive combiners that have multiple stages based on how "completely filled" they are with the items/resources they require, but that affects all players so your quest would be a group quest if it depends on this feature

- maybe you adapt to the existing features and then we talk differently

Craft It Yourself!

Quest Description:

Before finding a small parchment lying on the side of the road you would never imagine that you would be immersed into such adventure...
A adventure full with puzzles that will lead the player to travel the realm following clues and hints to find some secret construction plans and the needed resources to craft his own tool! (1 use/non-transferable)

Notes:
 1.Once the player had finnished the quest he would be able to reconstruct the Tool (1 use/non-transferable) by redo a part of the quest that requires quite a good effort (and AP..)
 2.Adventure would consist in 5 major puzzles and some other small adventure interaction (similar to some of my former quests)
 3.Adventure will need to use more than 3 of the new clickables
 4.Adventure will need to use some of the new Non-Transfer items
 5.Adventure will require access to NML,GG and MDA.. quite a bit of travelling will be needed.
 6.All automated and partially replayable

- i might get the general idea of what you mean, but i have absolutely no clue how you see this done in curren scenes. Are you talking about various items that change look based on what you collect?
Yes, just with the feature that is already in the realm. Certain clickables are in the realm when you have one certain item in your inventory.

- there is no feature to change "stage" of a clickable based on inventory, At the moment there are progressive combiners that have multiple stages based on how "completely filled" they are with the items/resources they require, but that affects all players so your quest would be a group quest if it depends on this feature
This idea could get scrapped, then I will use the idea of a single clickable that slides between two options. And two clickables can be used to make 4 options if the binary system is used. :)

- maybe you adapt to the existing features and then we talk differently
About the progressive combiner, could it use different items to fill, so not just one? And can it be made private, so it only affects yourself?

This idea could get scrapped, then I will use the idea of a single clickable that slides between two options. And two clickables can be used to make 4 options if the binary system is used. :)

Could this not be done using 2 clickables, and the new features letting them be shown/hidden based of inventory items? When the right inventory items are held it will hide one and show the other. This would give the appearance of a clickable with more than one stage. Other items can increase the number of stages, each one being a new clickable but only shown with the right combination of held items.

visibility of clickables based on inventory is now possible. I shall consider new features as i read your quest suggestions, but till i am sure they are done, don;t count on them. Also you will notice a very negative mood in my replies, thats because i point out the issues, does not mean that in the end i might not pick your quest to work on.

@udgard

- the golem is not available as a creature (not sure what happend to it, does it have artworks and all that? i lost track)

- i never put on the "it can use" list anything related to npc "woodin-ish" sort of things, i don't intend to

- having items check creature stats/level is also something that is not yet there

- i like the general flavor of "building the golem core", could work, its just the way till there that has many obstacles..the big one is there is no golem (artworks mainly).

- building a creature by collecting its components and merging them somehow sounds good and golem would fit best, just if you could stick to EXISTING features

Ah, I might have misunderstood when you mentioned "new features or features variations it will require" and thought I could go crazy with suggesting new features to support this. 

Artworks and descriptions for the creatures are all ready, all that is missing is the combat ability/stats adjustment to current metagame (which I'm totally out of touch with nowadays). If you want to look at it, it's also on the forum private section on this link

Most of the quest can be doable with current functions - new feature I mentioned are just suggestions but not really a must for it to work. One exception is probably the function to check for creature stage - I can do without the XP/wins amount but the ability to just check if the player has a certain creature would really be great. As an example the clay golem has 3 stages, and the next tier is the rock golem. Having a function to check if the player has a stage 3 clay golem before he can change it to a rock golem would be very nice (as at that point the game should identify the creature, then take it away and replace it with a rock golem - or simply change the creature type while keeping everything else the same).