A New Public Council?

Chewett

The council could very well (partially) exist of representatives from such groups. For example the treasurer could be someone from the Treasure Keepers. The PC will then be able to make decisions that go beyond the individual groups, but should be able to delegate the work back to them, making it easier to actually get things done.

Pointless. Bureaucratic. Time consuming.

My opinion; what about another voting 4 public council

Option 1
4 main lands

Marind's bell
Loreroot
Golemus Golemicarum
Necrovion

The king of his Land can nominate of 1 or 2 member of his land. Hoping citizen is allowing or not

Option 2

Marind's Bell
Magicduel Archive Lands
Golemus Golemicarum
Loreroot
The tribunal
No Mands Land
Underground

We can choose by voting and pick 4 lands

By voting of council/chewett/Mur or voting public voting

Any additional pls edit

• Root Admin

Let's just have the RPCs vote on it.

Unless im very much mistaken, you are trolling this again. Further trolling and I will have to ban you from any of my development/discussion posts again Ackshan. It gets very old becuase you do this to nearly everything.

My opinion; what about another voting 4 public council

Option 1
4 main lands

Marind's bell
Loreroot
Golemus Golemicarum
Necrovion

The king of his Land can nominate of 1 or 2 member of his land. Hoping citizen is allowing or not

Option 2

Marind's Bell
Magicduel Archive Lands
Golemus Golemicarum
Loreroot
The tribunal
No Mands Land
Underground

We can choose by voting and pick 4 lands

By voting of council/chewett/Mur or voting public voting

Any additional pls edit

Surely option 2 is very likely to lead to option one just due to the vast differences in population of the main lands and other lands?

Unless im very much mistaken, you are trolling this again. Further trolling and I will have to ban you from any of my development/discussion posts again Ackshan. It gets very old becuase you do this to nearly everything.

(Despite multiple long discussions about it, I don't know where you're getting this perception.  You seem to call "trolling" anything where you missed the real intention, even if you later find it.)

In terms of kings voting on a council whose purpose is essentially to have MD create things meaningful, or "to manage, organise, and do things in MD"...well, that's also what the kings do, that's what the RPCs do.    It might seem logical to have people who know how to do something decide who has that ability, but in this case it might not be the best plan.

They don't really need to form a council, but I do believe it would be good to have some central organisation. (Normal council could take on that role, but because they're unknown there also is a certain distance to the normal folks.)

(notable that the RPCs did their job individually...not in a council, though there were some meetings, not very productive ones.)

And since from our conversation it seems to bother you...yes, it's what they do, even though they don't exist right now.  If they exist again, it would be what they do, again.

(I really try not to wear masks here.  It bothers me, a lot, when you think you see the opposite of that, and I wish you knew better.  If you think it's spam, call it spam, take it out, warn me.)

--

Separately:  The biggest problem with these positions seems to be that they break a person's energy cycle.  If someone doesn't have opportunity to recharge from MD within MD, they become inactive, simple as that, then there's nothing to pull them back except whatever the world happens to throw at them to remind them of us.  (anyone who finds this interesting, ask to see ackshan's knowledge doc.)

Why not elect 2 members to PC and have Chew/Mur appoint 2 members?  The appointed member could be changed as needed and could replace Chewy having to spend so much time with the PC.  That way the interests of the players and the admin are represented in decision making process.

I also think that anytime a member of the PC, whether elected or appointed needs to stand down, a new member should be elected/appointed in their place.

Not necessarily.  We can handle periods of inactivity, the problem is when the role itself makes them afraid/reluctant to come back when they have to/want to leave.  To my eyes the lack of this problem is why kings have worked out so far.

Ackshan there are no longer any "official' RPCs. Dig deep into the announcements and read up on what happened during "The Festival of Pain". Mur demoted them all. (Except maybe Grido because he appears as an RPC on the Top WP list for some reason, and so do Peace, Raven, and yrth)

Edited by Rophs

Ackshan there are no longer any "official' RPCs. Dig deep into the announcements and read up on what happened during "The Festival of Pain". Mur demoted them all. (Except maybe Grido because he appears as an RPC on the Top WP list for some reason, and so do Peace, Raven, and yrth)

I've read it, Rophs. 

yes, it's what they do, even though they don't exist right now.  If they exist again, it would be what they do, again.

• Root Admin

(Despite multiple long discussions about it, I don't know where you're getting this perception.  You seem to call "trolling" anything where you missed the real intention, even if you later find it.)

Here I publically apologise for calling the first post trolling. Ackshan explained his point more clearly here, and now we can all discuss it rather than it being a spammish comment that looks like he thinks RPC's are still around.

And since from our conversation it seems to bother you...yes, it's what they do, even though they don't exist right now.  If they exist again, it would be what they do, again.

I disagree entirely here. They were removed becuase the structure didnt work. Why remake an organisation that didnt work? I am considering remaking the RPC structure but I most definately will not be remaking it like it was. Your tense structure is plainly wrong also. Its what they did, not do. 

(I really try not to wear masks here.  It bothers me, a lot, when you think you see the opposite of that, and I wish you knew better.  If you think it's spam, call it spam, take it out, warn me.)

I did call it out? Unsure what you mean here.

Agreed here Rophs, And for information all RPC's were demoted, the WP list is coded badly so it only updates the names when the person gets a WP. Grido last got a WP back in the days he was RPC. This stands for all those who have odd/wrong playernames.