Loreroot Guards

petty dodds

No spoilers please, just hints or tips

trying to defeat the guards and I can't find the right ritual

when I read though the battle rounds, what should I be looking for that will give me a better understand of how to take the guards down?  or perhaps I don't have the right creatures? 

my current creatures:

imperial aramor

aramor assassin (2)

dark archer II

dark archer I

heretic archer

aramor

grasan II (2)

grasan I

elemental

Barren Soul (2)

Joker (2)

i have fifteen total at the moment so I can sacrifice and/or pick up another at aramory but so far all i'm offered are archers, grasans, aramors and barren souls

LEdah has already quoted the most common hint.  But I think I can elaborate on it a bit.

Consider the creatures you have, and their abilities.   Expand your thoughts to include how those abilities may either synergize or balance or cancel the abilities of the Guards.  (note what the guards do to you in the battle log, as well as what you are doing to the guards).

Took me a looong time for me to come to the sudden realization of what that hint meant, but then, like all riddles, makes perfect sense.

Kudos for trying it yourself. 

Have patience though, there's plenty of time, and another entrance to that Land if you absolutely, positively, need to see inside with help.  :)

such thing doesn't exist :D technically you can beat them with ANY creature :P it all depends what method you want to use to defeat them

Don't Grind, it's not worth it.

E: Also, I don't think barren souls are going to do you much good if that's all you have.

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

in the log most important thing to check is their abilities (damage, random damage, haotic damage, lifesteal, energy burn, heal, regenerate, defend, martrysm, weaken defence) and targeting (random, weak creatures, strong creatures, dying, multiple, all). Then try to think up a ritual to minimaze the damage you get and maximize the damage you make. Also don't be afraid to test all kinds of diferent ritual without hoping to win but instead to help you see what happens in different situations.

Beating the LR guards on your own is the step that will guide you MD life.

If you beat them on your own, you have good chances to become a stat addict (grinder) just because you now know how to do it. You will have chose the path of the winners.

If you beat the LR guards based on "hints" (or more), you have very good chances to become an RPer. I think that most whiners chose this path.

So, before any more "non so spoiling spoilers" are given to you, you have to choose: you want to be a winner or you want to blend in and complain on every thing ?

And on topic: There is just one hint that can be given to you for these guards or any other fight from this point on:

Their greatest weakness is their strength :)

Good luck

I hope to see you on my side.

Beating the LR guards on your own is the step that will guide you MD life.

If you beat them on your own, you have good chances to become a stat addict (grinder) just because you now know how to do it. You will have chose the path of the winners.

If you beat the LR guards based on "hints" (or more), you have very good chances to become an RPer. I think that most whiners chose this path.

True. I regret agreeing to use "other methods" to get past the guards at MP4 when I came to know of them...