The big meeting

Chewett

After reading through (skimming towards the end <<), I have a suggestion on the viscosity (most of this was said by others, I'm just restating it really): Introduce it in stages. MP3 there is no viscosity, MP4 there is only viscosity on gates or important scenes where pause and reflection is suggested or enforced, MP5 there is viscosity everywhere. Rebalancing of the rates that visc rises and how much it changes and adding functionality for volition will also help, and I would suggest basing it around the AP value for an MP5 player with 200 or so active days and no alliance.

After reading through (skimming towards the end <<), I have a suggestion on the viscosity (most of this was said by others, I'm just restating it really): Introduce it in stages. MP3 there is no viscosity, MP4 there is only viscosity on gates or important scenes where pause and reflection is suggested or enforced, MP5 there is viscosity everywhere. Rebalancing of the rates that visc rises and how much it changes and adding functionality for volition will also help, and I would suggest basing it around the AP value for an MP5 player with 200 or so active days and no alliance.

I'd rather not have another somewhat irrational reason to stay mp4.

If the programming wouldn't be too difficult, here's my idea on the viscosity change:

MP3=viscosity max of +10

MP4=viscosity max of +25 (limited time before going to +40)

MP5=viscosity max of +40 as soon as you hit MP5/5 (during story mode your numbers are different)

For people trying to get along...

I'd love to be able to offer a genuine answer for this.  Humans tend to be reactionary instead of making decisions as to how they are going to act in any situation. (there's a story that can go with that. Message me if you want to hear it).  Others have no filter and choose to be blunt in the harshest way.  What they say may be true, but it doesn't need to be as hurtful as it comes across.  I've unleashed on a couple of people in the past.  Difference is I tend to feel bad about it later and look for ways to smooth the situation even if I was right.  Sometimes it's better to swallow one's pride and extend the hand first for the greater good.

Was there more to the meeting than these two points?  My computer seems to be acting weird tonight and not loading things completely.

I'd rather not have another somewhat irrational reason to stay mp4.

People already have reasons to stay MP4, and I don't want to set off that powder keg of an argument, but if I read correctly autumn2050 is going to finish/change story mode, or is this just speculation? If it does, simply allowing the story to continue farther in MP5 would be a big enough draw for most people, I think.

• Root Admin

There is another thread discussion visc, Please transcribe your posts there. I would move them But since my post was created after yours, It will screw up the order.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15318-viscosity/

Was there more to the meeting than these two points?  My computer seems to be acting weird tonight and not loading things completely.

People being nice, Visc, BHC, Spelldocs I believe. Had to cut the meeting short because I had to go out to see someone unexpectedly.

People already have reasons to stay MP4, and I don't want to set off that powder keg of an argument, but if I read correctly autumn2050 is going to finish/change story mode, or is this just speculation? If it does, simply allowing the story to continue farther in MP5 would be a big enough draw for most people, I think.

Yes, for the mean time story mode is going to be moved to be a secondary objective.

I miss the meeting. love you all

here is my opinion hoping mp5 and mp6 Story mode under construction will be fixed and ready

What do you mean by this? How can they be fixed? By removing under construction? That isnt going to happen until AUTUMN2050 is implemented, and when its implemented story mode will be mostly removed and re-implemented at a later stage. So this isnt going to happen.

• Root Admin

Wait...WHAAAT?

Story mode is planned to be moved to a stage where it is not integral to the start of the game. People will still be able to do story mode but it wil be presented differently and wont require the user to spend many days going through it and will be able to start the game quicker.