Tagging Announcements

Chewett

I am just saying adding HC would be redundant considering it is not even running any more. It also may cause confusion for new players.

The tags are meant for both future and previous announcements. That notwithstanding, it is easier for those involved to add all tags in a single run, then review it as necessary, than to have to go through multiple runs to add new tags that were already expected to become necessary, but were omitted solely due to their immediate inactivity. Though, of course, that should not get in the way of new tags being added at a later date, there is no reason to increase the workload by omitting HC at this point in time; even if HC were to be permanently suspended, which I find unlikely, yet still it could be claimed it was relevant enough for its previous installments to warrant the tag, as one might wish to check their respective running dates.

• Root Admin

I suggest, If it is allow?

Use a new threat please, this is about tagging announcements.

I am just saying adding HC would be redundant considering it is not even running any more. It also may cause confusion for new players.

HC is in a large amount of announcements, It shall stay since it will make it much easier to find all HC related announcements.

Here are a few choice suggestions:

Event

MD Anniversary: it is a major, yearly recurring, event.

MagicDuel Awards: likewise, as per above.

Auction: makes it into the announcements every so often; certainly the kind of topic one might search the announcements for.

Game Administration

Recruitment/Task: for all recruitment purposes involving maintenance/development personnel. The Game Administration tag is otherwise relatively bloated; they are also, more often than not, announcements of particular interest. Different from Role.

Change

Refer to more specific tags instead (Creature Change, Item Change, Combat Change, Scene Change and so forth): a vast amount of the announcements fall within the purview of this tag; if one were to search the announcements through Change alone they'd still be looking at a few hundred announcements. I have not suggested the same for the Feature tag due to its lesser prevalence.

Edited by Azthor

Change

Refer to more specific tags instead (Creature Change, Item Change, Combat Change, Scene Change and so forth): a vast amount of the announcements fall within the purview of this tag; if one were to search the announcements through Change alone they'd still be looking at a few hundred announcements. I have not suggested the same for the Feature tag due to its lesser prevalence.

Filling a void left by the player Change?

• 2 weeks later...