Bushies

Kamisha

Now while I was looking at the new bushes (that sprung up while I was on hiatus) I noticed three things that need to be resolved before complete implentation. For those of you that have not been kept up to speed or are just to lazy to go look here is what you need to know:

Things still to be done:

- make it possible to receive more bushies, including random range, via item parameters.

- allow only a defined set of people to gather, based on something to determine they involvement with the process, while still allowing stealing somehow.

- add time as requirement of the process (total time, requested incrementally based on how many resources have been already loaded. For example it will need to pass 1 more day before loading more than 80 water).

O.K. now that everybody is up to date lets continue. The first and third I am not going to tackle because that is a calculation issue. It can be solved by implementing coding and tweaking. Things that need to be checked and I don't want to go into statistics (simply because the actual statistical data of MD I have I suspect is outdated or has false hoods).

However the second one I would actually like to think about. Protection but the ability to steal. I want to try solve this one.

So what we come to is the ability of a certain number of people to have the ability to gather but as well on the flip side if there is something done incorrectly on the part of the involved or included parties a third party can take it. Now for the sake of simplicity I am going to use legal language. For those of you not familiar the First Party is the signer of the contract the Second Party is the drafter of said contract and the Third Party is everyone else. In this case the First Party is going to be the person that is included in the growing process and the Second party is the person starting the process and the third party is the person stealing said bush. I'm going to have to hope that you are with me so far because it is about to get a whole lot more confusing.

When the Second Party wants to grow a bush the second party adds water to said bush. The Second Party can only maintain one bush at one time and when he waters it that becomes his bush until he chooses to abandon it. A minimum of one days of water must be added to obtain control of the bush at that time. When the bush is under that persons control a first party can be added by a first party name being added to the bush. The Second Party and the First Party have equal rights to bush both can obtain the fruit that it bares so basically a deal has to be struck and they have to trust each other. Once a second party invites a first party they can not be uninvited in order to ensure the deal is sound. The first and second party can both water the bush as well as any third parties feeling charitable (or deviant). 

Now we move onto stealing. I am going to divert back to laments terms for a second just to say what's happened is that a person got a bush by watering it and can add people to it. The importance of these other players become important in the stealing part. The main reason I am writing it in legal terms is if you don't understand what I am saying it is in a universally understood script. O.K. back to stealing.

A second or first party member can guard there bush from attackers by being on-line in the location of the bush or idle in the location of the bush. If the member is offline or in a different area than the bush can be assaulted by a third party in order to take the fruit. The third party will be named in the chat (as if he was collecting resources).

So a third party will take this. I know this may be a nightmare to code but its what I can think of at this point. If anybody has suggestions as how to improve this system make this easier or find ways to exploit it post it below and how you would fix it. Also if you have suggestions for problem 1 or problem 3 please feel free to explain your numbers or solutions. Just if you are going to go into numbers have some statistics to back it up.

Edit: Spelling Errors ( I love Google chrome's Spell check).

Edited by Kamisha

1st of all :  What are you talking about ? even now only a few ppl can get bushes. Most don't have the water. Start working you lazy one.

2nd : if you try to steal ... you will get dead.

3rd : 1 full day for 1 bush ? get real. One can get / need to get even 100 in a single day. Not all ppl have your spare time.

This is kute but only for you because you want to steal.

For most of MD ... they don't have the time to spend as you described nor they are dumb enough to start it knowing that someone could steal it from them.

If you didn't understood the part with "dumb enough to start it knowing that someone could steal it from them", think of teleportation spells and what's the chance that you will get your resource.

Part 2 is written write in the implementation. You click on the bush it talks about what mur wants to do I am actually quoting him right in this post word for word I am simply providing a viable solution to what he wants to do. - allow only a defined set of people to gather, based on something to determine they involvement with the process, while still allowing stealing somehow. The reason I implement the first parties is so that is a team effort in order to hold garden resources. Also it is going to take time to grow. The third statement that he makes is that a amount of water added per day will be limited with a time limit - add time as requirement of the process (total time, requested incrementally based on how many resources have been already loaded. For example it will need to pass 1 more day before loading more than 80 water).

I am simply posting a plausible solution. Before you post again get your facts straight and tell me how you would handle it.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kamisha: Before posting, please consider reading again your post and making it a lighter read and splitting the concepts involved. I have difficulties understanding what you want to say (true, I may be tired).

There are some technical ppl (yea, me included) that can't read long posts searching for a point.

I am simply posting a plausible solution. Before you post again get your facts straight and tell me how you would handle it.

I told you :

2nd : if you try to steal ... you will get dead.

It is not something that I am threatening you it is ... a punishment ... yes, a punishment  that seems rather common and easily achievable in MD.

There were a long thread about stealing and not many valid points (from my perspective) in favor of stealing.

If your desire is just to lay dead for a couple of weeks, just say so, there are a few that could grant you this wish.

As for spending time with partners to be able to harvest, yes it is i nice feature, we've seen it before.

Can you tell me why there are not many cookies and tea in MD right now ? (rethorical question)

I guess that it is because there are not enough ppl in MD at the same time nor they spend that much time or they are not willing to spend that time.

And you say it should last a day. pff, in good enough conditions one could gather more then 100 herbs or more 100 water within a day.

• Root Admin

i WANT to read this becase it is a subject that interests me and i was hoping for a public reaction/solution....but i tried a couple of times and i failed dramatically ...i simply cant read long texts and still think. I read it twice and had no clue what i was reading. So please, after you finish and reach a conclusion, someone make ma a very short and clear list with the conclusions of what you think it should be implemented. 

Thank you very much