MD titles - Who confirms high rank titles?

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

So, here we are.. kings and other high rank roles are given by me or council, but who signs for them?

Council is not represented by a single person and most of all it doesn not have a certal figure to sign such docs.

What do you suggest?

One option would be to sign as Council, and to have a signature of one council member depending whoever is geographivally closer to the awarded person...but its kind of weird to have a anonymous signature.

An other way could be to get an other king to confirm the kingship of an other king.

An other option is to print a special set of docs that are only signed by me, or use these and strike confirming authority field...or simply fill it in and double sign it by me

I am waiting for your suggestions, especially from the high rank people affected by this.

No matter how high ranked a citizen might be, s/he'd still be a citizen, and lower than the monarch. That wouldn't work for me.

I think it would depend on the land. For Necro, it'd probably make sense to have a signature from Shade Sentinel. In lands where leadership gets elected, maybe it could be 'For the people of xx'?

• Root Admin

No matter how high ranked a citizen might be, s/he'd still be a citizen, and lower than the monarch. That wouldn't work for me.

I think it would depend on the land. For Necro, it'd probably make sense to have a signature from Shade Sentinel. In lands where leadership gets elected, maybe it could be 'For the people of xx'?

ShadeSentinal isnt a real person, like council and therefore cannot sign it.

• Root Admin

That's a good point. But it leads to following question. Does that mean that well established alts can't receive titles?

I wouldn't logically reason that. SS cant because they are an entity that has been played by a number of people, like MoC.

Surely a well established alt will have one owner and therefore can have someone sign them. I dont consider the situations the same.

Why, maybe i'm sitting here with a wrong concept then...

I didn't think it would matter how or by whom a character is or was played, as it is the signature of that fictional character you want on that doc, isn't it?

Sure, you can argue who's to sign as Shade Sentinel when several people played it, but at the end of the day, the doc would say Shade Sentinel, not the name of the person who wrote the signature? You'd just need to figure out who established the role, or who played it at the time the title was awarded...

I mean, if Grido was to sign a title for somebody, he wouldn't do it as <whatever his name might be>, the guy from UK, but he does so as Grido, the King of Golemus. In the same sense, i can't see shade sentinel being played by different people over time as a hurdle for his signature on a title.

• 2 weeks later...