How to: Make a quest

No one

Split out of this thread: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15855-questmaker-spellsachievement/

~Burns

DD, when you are doing quests ... there are some ppl that you can ask for help. But that will come if they think it s worth it. see nim's quests for example.
Just because you say you want to do something you'll get help. You have to get a reputation for youself first (and not like yours at least not yet ... i think) or some simpathy.

Edited by Burns
tagged

Do a bunch of stuff you think is fun. If it's the kind of stuff where others can participate and they have fun too then you're probably going down the "right" path to get this shiny stuff :D. Telling me that the gates are there and expecting my suspension of disbelief to cover it isn't very fun...

If you plan a quest and expect all ppl to have access somewhere (like to pass GG gates) if it doesn't say anything about "good" planning it definitely saying something about the quest maker.

Are you speaking hypothetically or is there a specific quest you have in mind ?

I am not planning to hold any quest soon.

It was a huge mistake to suggest spells (please forgive me) as it leads people to believe I suggested this for my personal benefit and am just thinking about myself. All my future suggestions will be emailed to Council and never posted on the forums for discussion so that they are not misinterpreted. Sorry again.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Ok.

[spoiler]

I am not planning to hold any quest soon.

It was a huge mistake to suggest spells (please forgive me) as it leads people to believe I suggested this for my personal benefit and am just thinking about myself. All my future suggestions will be emailed to Council and never posted on the forums for discussion so that they are not misinterpreted. Sorry again.

[/spoiler]

FYI: you should avoid stating things that you want to hide :)  like "All my future suggestions will be emailed to Council ". It just gives the wrong impression like:

All I could read in your reply was that: I cannot deal with public / I don't care about the rest bla bla bla, I will just deal with Council because they are fewer and I can convince them easier. (and for this you have -1).

Otherwise, I am glad you are back on the right track (again).

If you come up with a quest and run into an issue that you can't overcome, in a mechanical sense, like you want to use a clickable item but have no coding ability, it's always a good idea to see if someone else can do it for you. You'll usually find people who have stopped participating in quests and are available to help you set up yours. This goes for all parts of the game, not just clickies, but also pretty much every admin feature you don't have.

Dark Demon, when I spoke of being mindful of the impact of your actions upon others (...)

No one is actually trying to give you genuinely useful feedback in that post. He is hardly skilled at conveying it, no offense intended, but he seems to be trying, nevertheless.

"All my future suggestions will be emailed to Council and never posted on the forums for discussion so that they are not misinterpreted" is an statement can, itself, be easily mistaken for passive-aggressiveness, context taken apart.

Negative repping that post will have the likely effect of discouraging him from doing so in the future, the same as you'd probably have received his own post better had he not previously negative repped you.

It is, of course, not that you are forced to do so, but rather, that there are benefits in doing so.

I have taken and accepted the advice part of it, but I still greatly dislike the way he replied based on an assumption, on that very topic, and also how he got personal in public in the wrong place.

If he wanted to get personal and talk about just me, he could have PMed me, and still can :)

Edit: Yes, I have problems with misinterpretations too because of the past but I'm trying.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Buzz off. Personal in public place bla bla bla. You read only what you want so I write what you read.

And on top of that, I write for others can translate it for you.

As for PMs, there is no need for anyone to tell you how to use them as you don't do it anyway: read it through.

When you are making a quest you should ask yourself this question multiple times during the creation process:

Would I do this quest if someone else made it?

• If the answer is yes then keep going
  • If the answer is no then figure out why you wouldn't complete it and FIX IT