Name a TagMaster

Rophs

Mur definitely already has a TagMasters type thing in the works (a TagMaster being able to give out many of a tag such as Bringers of Light, Death Guard, etc). This thread is for people to suggest potential TagMasters. This thread is by no means affiliated with Mur and anything inside may or may not be implemented, likely straying on the side of may not.

Syntax for a tag suggestion:

Tagname - TagMasterofTagName

Why TadMasterofTagName is should be TagMaster of TagName

My suggestions for tags and their associated TagMasters:

Tainted - Assira the Black

This should be pretty much self-explanatory. Assira is the leader of the Tainted and allowing her to distribute that tag would increase clarity overall.

Death Guard - Azull

He's king of NC and TW, there's nobody more suited to be TagMaster of Death Guard.

Bringers of Light - Princ Rhaegar

He's leader of BoL ally and King of MB, similar to Azull there is nobody more suited .

Silvan Watch - Valoryn

Valoryn is the leader of Guardians of the Root which is an ally dedicated to keeping LR safe, it would make strong thematic sense for the leader of such an ally to also be TagMaster of Silvan Watch.

Embers of Kelle'tha - Menhir

This tag seems a lot more like a Researchy/Abstractish tag than one with a purpose as obvious as Death Guard or Silvan Watch. I personally think Menhir's character fits the idea of an "Ember of Kelle'tha" best out of all Golemians.

Syntax for a tag suggestion:

Tagname - TagMasterofTagName

Why TadMasterofTagName is should be TagMaster of TagName

My suggestions for tags and their associated TagMasters:

Tainted - Assira the Black

This should be pretty much self-explanatory. Assira is the leader of the Tainted and allowing her to distribute that tag would increase clarity overall.

Death Guard - Azull

He's king of NC and TW, there's nobody more suited to be TagMaster of Death Guard.

Bringers of Light - Princ Rhaegar

He's leader of BoL ally and King of MB, similar to Azull there is nobody more suited .

Silvan Watch - Valoryn

Valoryn is the leader of Guardians of the Root which is an ally dedicated to keeping LR safe, it would make strong thematic sense for the leader of such an ally to also be TagMaster of Silvan Watch.

Embers of Kelle'tha - Menhir

This tag seems a lot more like a Researchy/Abstractish tag than one with a purpose as obvious as Death Guard or Silvan Watch. I personally think Menhir's character fits the idea of an "Ember of Kelle'tha" best out of all Golemians.

Edited by Rophs
removed a portion

I thought that there already are players that can grant / removes tags, any tags.

But let me see if you understand : you want to entrust players with the ability to tag players with just one specific tag ? To tag without the consent of the other player ?

Edited by Grido
removed a now non-related portion

Seems easy enough to create an interface where person could manage their tags, but what do I know.

Actually that would be really useful, so people with multiple tags could choose which to show and at what times.

EDIT: its been brought to my attention that something like this exists already. Great to see my ideas being implemented before I have them. Kudos to the programmers.

Edited by Jester

• Root Admin

actually my plan is to create items that give tags on use, or to create locations that will analyze your stats and give you a tag based on that..such as how much gold you have old your wood cutting skills, and then give you a trader tag or woodcutter tag...things like that.

What you describe is more for the kings, and i can give the king items that can grant specific tags and they can give them to various people.

I will however stay away from giving individual plaeyrs ability to give fixed tags FOR NOW, because i want to focus on the more automated stuff.

If chew wants to do these things himself, i will provide sample code if needed, but i will let him decide who gets what... my focus remains on tools and features that give tags and less on the community aspect of this.

What you describe is more for the kings, and i can give the king items that can grant specific tags and they can give them to various people.

This already exists.

actually my plan is to create items that give tags on use, or to create locations that will analyze your stats and give you a tag based on that..such as how much gold you have old your wood cutting skills, and then give you a trader tag or woodcutter tag...things like that.

There is already a trader achievement based on creatures transfered.

What you describe fits perfectly on the achievements.