"Number of the beast"

No one

To begin with, I want to make it clear : I haven't asked for this achievement.

[spoiler]

http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3282

No one have been given the Mark of the Beast achievement for harvesting 6666 flowers ingame by giving them one by one to dst [ref]. Significant 666 related achievements can be posted in the Extreme MagicDuel thread for review. Just because someone has achieved the achievement through one specific method does not mean we will grant it for doing the same thing.

[/spoiler]

So, how do you see the "Mark of the Beast" achievement (a.k.a. 666...) ?

What is your point of view on this type of achievement (hidden) ?

And then we see this :

Rophs atm has 536 branches, needing only 130 more to have the fabled amount of 666.

WTB  price negotiable

Should you be allowed to buy your achievements ?

Should one be allowed to ... buy THIS achievement ?

Edited by No one

It has not been said that this "award" cannot be bought, but then it hasn't been said how this achievement can be obtained other than significant "666" related achievements.

As it says;

Ann. 3282 - [2015-01-07 15:01:33 - Stage 12] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett 

No one have been given the Mark of the Beast achievement for harvesting 6666 flowers ingame by giving them one by one to dst [ref]. Significant 666 related achievements can be posted in the Extreme MagicDuel thread for review. Just because someone has achieved the achievement through one specific method does not mean we will grant it for doing the same thing.

From what I see there is no set way of obtaining the achievement. So how the award is given is left open to be decided by those with the power.

Though I doubt buying one lot items to get 666 will meet the standards. Perhaps buying 666 of all resources? That would take a bit more effort...

~Sasha

Edited by Sasha Lilias

Since this is open to debate, I'll throw in my opinion and say I find this achievement rather silly. I agree, it takes a lot of effort and dedication, but I find it silly because of the reactions it seems to have gathered, with Rophs wanting to buy branches to get his, MRAlyon posting something related to this as well in a different thread. 

I mean... I could demand this achievement for posting 666 sets of "..." in the chat. I don't know who'd count them and all that, I'm giving a rather preposterous example.

Though I'm pretty sure it will be overlooked, my point is.... It feels this kind of achievement is rather arbitrary and might end up being used as a precedent for some people to ask for similar stuff when they haven't put in as much work as NoOne seems to have done.

Solution? I don't know, don't think there is one. I don't really want to restrict or enforce any other kind of rule upon medal/achievement rewarding, since I like this aspect of MD that if you do something for a long enough time, you'll be rewarded somehow.

I think it's important to highlight that NoOne harvested and passed the flowers to dst one by one. Passing 6666 flowers one by one would take an awful lot of clicking and overall effort. Getting 666 somewhere in your screen for some reason shouldn't qualify as achievement material IMO. If you worked to get that 666 to an extent comparable with NoOne... then sure, it's achievement material.

I would normally agree with Aeo.... but since (if I'm not mistaken) that achievement was originally granted for first time to Shadowseeker because he managed to achieve his VE and VP at same time to be 666. So if you compare that with No one, it takes to be ridiculously lucky or it takes precise planning and execution, but definitely not nearly as much dedication/persistence/time as in No one's case.

• Root Admin

This achievement is actually a very good example of how some things work in here. You can get it if you reach something worthy of it, but once you do, you basically close the path behind you so others won't simply follow your steps to do it. This ensures also a level of originality in your action, not just persistance.