Why deplete?

Sasha Lilias

Well, depletion can be frustrating if hoarders are around. I geather resources mainly for skill gain and secondary for the resources.

Ahahahaha! Nice one. Then I am gathering for skills as well but damn system keeps giving me resources! Blast it!

Considering that this is already going way off-topic, I will respond to this off-topic thing :

In MD (except in some rare things) every action have a garanted outcome.. i personaly dislike that 100% accuracy of things.

So, do you think that this would be fun to wait 800 seconds just to not work ? or ~70 minutes to gather a memory stone ?

It would be ok with me if this accuracy would increase with skill (as I already have a high enough skill). Would you like to fail 9 out of 10 time due to lack of skill or just bad luck ?

ideea:

in fact is not new, its something i was working on as part of the tag dispatchers

doing certain actions will increase certain things and DECREASE other things

my first thought is: donating heat to a location in order to protect its resources. This can be a doubel edge thing, protecting a location means also preventing others to gather it even if its full. Resources lockdown as a balance to depletion.

An interesting concept would be to have the process of "locking down" a resource consume Volition from the players that do so, since they are in effect applying viscosity to the resource. It would also mean that players who travel the most - which is typically the same people who deplete resources - have the greatest ability to lockdown resources.

I would also suggest allowing people to still gather when a resource was locked down, but at the cost of significantly longer cooldown timers on tools (say 10x, for example)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

Ahahahaha! Nice one. Then I am gathering for skills as well but damn system keeps giving me resources! Blast it!

You don't get it do you? You have to gather to get the skill ( I tought a veteran knew that :P). If I needed only the resources then I would have just bought some. Please don't deliberately misinterpret what I wrote.

Edited by Azrafar

You don't get it do you? You have to gather to get the skill ( I tought a veteran knew that :P). If I needed only the resources then I would have just bought some. Please don't deliberately misinterpret what I wrote.

Then you should not talk in a topic related to "depleting".

You missed the point, everybody is gathering for stats.

Yes, at first. Later, I started to gather for the sake of gathering.

related to this, i will post a new topic asking for a resource to skil/tag corelation

my plan is to make gathering a certain thing, take you towards a certain role/evolution...but i lack the right names for it all.

There are already names for skills for most stuff you gather. From my point of view there is no point in having other names.

• Root Admin

On the other hand, one could "plant" resources. But that is too far out as an idea in MD. Too outrageous. Too new. It is better to follow the trend and limit stuff.

Not really, people have suggested this quite a lot of times, I think its quite feasible and would eventually get implemented to be entirely honest :)

Another idea could be able to make fertilizer (i'm thinking similar to the recipe for tea) to speed up the regen of depleted resources. Say it's down to taking 3 days to regen, applying fertilizer could half that, or if it's at regular regen levels, then the next regen could produce 2 of the resource.

Downside would be it would take time to make, for example you have to let it set for 3-4 days to "ferment/compost" before using.

*edited to expand on idea a little

Edited by Intrigue