Too many shared items message confusing

Chewett

• Root Admin

I would not say that it is "rubbish" but it looks like one :D

Anyway, unless you want to "create" the text alone, you should also post the current text :P

Its a quick job, its just rewording it, I just need to post it so that its logged and I remember to fix it :)

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

And then we get criticized for making "unhelpful useless bug reports".

Post it as you would have wanted someone else to post it.

Make such comments when you will be fixing bugs yourself dd . Chews bug report is very helpful for himself, because its posted just for himself.

No standardized procedure or anything?

What about for some future coder after Chew, or maybe yourself, who might need to check things but only sees unclear posts? Yeah maybe not in this case, but my point is that improper organization has and does cause problems.

Maybe a format of:

[Target Player Name] is holding [Max number of shared items allowed] shared items and may not hold another.

Eg. JadenDew is holding 3 shared items and may not hold another

Just a suggestion =3

I hope I dint misinterpret the first post.. in which case this suggestion is pointless :))

• Root Admin

What about for some future coder after Chew, or maybe yourself, who might need to check things but only sees unclear posts? Yeah maybe not in this case, but my point is that improper organization has and does cause problems.

The procedure is listed here http://magicduel.com/pages/help.reportbug.php

The three people who access the bug reports need people to follow this so that we have an organised structure when we receive so many things all the time. This ensures bug reports are not lost in our PM system which are not designed to catalog and report bugs. A bug report needs to be verbose enough to ensure we understand what it is reporting and hence why we generally request more information than we need.

There are cases where to ensure we do not lose the bugs reported we may ignore parts of the rules but this is because we know precisely what we want. This is not something others should practice since they do not know what is helpful to a coder.

You are well aware of the bug reporting procedure and I am therefore unsure of your motives for asking about it here. I can only assume a complete lack of respect for the work I do for MD. I'm trying to explain why we request a large amount of information with bug reports and why we as coders are able to ignore some of this in cases. If you wish to make a civil suggestion then you are welcome to. Edited by Chewett

Considering Chew is the coder and (as he says) knows what he needs and wants, nothing else matters. If he asks you for a 27 page report of an error pop-up, you do a 27 page report so that it can be fixed.

Besides, it's perfectly clear what he his talking about to any person that can actually read. The max number of shared items message is messy. Simple.

I would suggest you stop hiding behind false pretence and stop poking the belly of the sleeping beast. 

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Sasha Lilias