Blocked countries

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I restricted access from Russia, China and Ukraine...imminent danger ahead :P

If any of you suddenly can't see md anymore, let me know

If any of you is from one of these countries, and can still access md,  also let me know

Thnx

Edited by Muratus del Mur

This is a guess.

With the risk of war just around the corner, any and all communication channels between affected parties are likely to be requested stopped; a mechanic invoked by national security issues. Failure to comply to this might lead to the taking down of MD. So, my guess is that this measure is one taken as precaution.

Guess I guessed wrong.

Edited by Myth

• Root Admin

In general I very much disagree with any form of location based blocking, so some more clarifications regarding this block would be very much appreciated.

There are a large number of daily attacks on the website trying to access the server and use it for nefarious purposes specifically from that IP range. It is causing us some issues. This is a drastic measure.

In actuality, the message I received from Mur said he was blocking the access to our server, and I dont believe that will affect the access to the game, etc. I will contact him.

This is a guess.

With the risk of war just around the corner, any and all communication channels between affected parties are likely to be requested stopped; a mechanic invoked by national security issues. Failure to comply to this might lead to the taking down of MD. So, my guess is that this measure is one taken as precaution.

This is complete rubbish. Please do not make guesses like this.