Emotional Connections

Winners will receive

1st: Wish point + Tear Filled Cranium + 3sc

2nd: 10th Anniversary Aramor + 8sc

3rd: Imperial Aramor  + Teleport to PC Stone  + Random item + 8sc

4th/5th/6th: 5sc

Closing date

All entries should be in from one week of this post (MD Day 125) no later than 23:59 ST

Good luck and have fun!  ^_^

Sponsors for extra prizes (4th, 5th, 6th, etc) are welcome!

Current sponsors

*Syrian* - WP (1st), Teleport to PC Stone (3rd)

gonzalocsdf - 5sc (2nd & 3rd), 2sc (4th, 5th & 6th)

*Sasha Lilias* - Imperial Aramor (3rd)

Muratus del Mur - 3sc (All participants), Random item (3rd)

My question still stands, who sponsors the 10th Anni aramor? I do not see it mentioned or listed anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this is the specific issue that announcement was referring to, then surely this is mildly outraging? I understand that neither Chew nor Mur would want to "sort out the chaos" left behind by someone leaving, but this quest is finished; if I am not mistaken, most if not all missing rewards are now in Aethon's possession; furthermore not even all the rewards he was giving out are his, some have been sponsored by others! I'm not saying Mur (who I think contributed an item and some SC) is worried by where his silver goes (most likely) but the message this is sending is simply disappointing.

Essentially, taking a few leaps, anyone could organise a quest, "hoard" rewards from sponsors, and then simply poof and there would be no consequences other than wasted time and effort and a lot of frustration for the good-willed participants and sponsors? I see this particular quest as a very simple case, all that needs to be distributed is already in Aethon's inventory (or most of the remaining items to be distributed, at least). Surely if not even this can be handled or resolved in some way, then there is no point in putting effort into future quests or events, which may "mess up" in more complicated ways and have no hope of being resolved therefore.

Why were some cases of "chaos" solved in SOME way (see blackrider's "Draw my Hellhounds" quest with complaints about how it was judged), whereas this one is simply being abandoned because Aethon supposedly left?

I repeat, I understand that "higher powers" would never continue the organisation, judging, etc of a quest in progress, if the organiser leaves, and that seems fair. However, this quest is complete; the judging and ranking have been done, some rewards have already been given, and the majority of the remaining rewards are in Aethon's possession. There is no "chaos" or dirty work to be done, like tracing sponsors, etc. I say 95% if not more of the dirty work has already been done.

By this point, I don't even care as much about the reward (even though I very "rudely" feel entitled to it, having put effort into the quest and having ranked 2nd) but if that announcement was there to say that "if someone goes poof, nobody will care about things you worked for with that person or do anything to help you with resolving the issue", then I am monstrously disappointed and hereby (peacefully) protest.

• Root Admin

Note, This is a discussion and explanation of my opinions of announcement 3583 https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3583

This is intended to explain some things, and while I am specifically asking Aeo a number of questions, this is merely to enlighten him and all those that read this post, in our though process (of both this announcement and this case). Apologies to Aeo for being a scapegoat, I will buy you a beer when the World MD beer event happens (soon :P) and thank you for opening such a discussion Aeo.

If this is the specific issue that announcement was referring to, then surely this is mildly outraging? I understand that neither Chew nor Mur would want to "sort out the chaos" left behind by someone leaving, but this quest is finished;

I cannot comment what the announcement was or wasnt aimed at. I wasnt informed it was aimed at anything, so i merely guess it was bad timing (similar to how, I posted the pip leaving things minutes after it, but didnt mean to relate them as I didnt know when Mur was going to make the announcement).

In regards to this quest, I dont keep updated on everything that is happening in MD but have spent some time reviewing this all and writing this post. So I have vested just over an hour and a half reviewing and writing this post. As you can guess from the announcement, I wouldnt like to spend an hour or two reviewing every quest however clearly there is some outrage/confusion here so hopefully this post is worth the time.

if I am not mistaken, most if not all missing rewards are now in Aethon's possession;

You sure about this? I ask since this makes quite a lot of difference (not accusing one way or another here, merely asking of the certainty)

furthermore not even all the rewards he was giving out are his, some have been sponsored by others! I'm not saying Mur (who I think contributed an item and some SC) is worried by where his silver goes (most likely) but the message this is sending is simply disappointing.

I ask the above question as he was asking for people to find the respective sponsors to give out the rewards and did not appear to be handling the rewards directly. Therefore, it throws into question the statement above that the rewards are in his own pocket.

I'm not saying Mur (who I think contributed an item and some SC) is worried by where his silver goes (most likely) but the message this is sending is simply disappointing.

Mur mostly doesnt care where his silver goes. Its mostly "not his" but to be used for the game. I ferried lots of it directly to quest peoples for rewards and such.

Which message is it sending? Im a little unclear on what you mean here, that we dont care if people steal rewards? Thats not really the message its intending to send, but please clarify if you didn't mean this. I have made an assumption! (And therefore anyone wishing to murder me, may join the line, Apologies for it being so long)

Essentially, taking a few leaps, anyone could organise a quest, "hoard" rewards from sponsors, and then simply poof and there would be no consequences other than wasted time and effort and a lot of frustration for the good-willed participants and sponsors?

No consequences is rather a fallacy in my opinion. To me this has quite big consequences. For me as a GM, I will reconsider all and anything Aethon does in the future as this is something that, IMO, has been handled very badly. The last I heard of him is that he is busy with exams and while I understand this can be a tiring time. One can spend a minute to log in and update people.

The consequences of handling this quest badly will tar. The MD community will see that his previous quest was handled badly and they will consider this. As will anyone sponsoring his quests. I have even had people come to me asking for my help to fix a problem with their quest, for fear none will ever participate in their quests again due to it failing. I think the consequence of being known as a bad questmaker and such do exist.

Also, anyone attempting to hoard rewards then leaving, isnt a major issue. These situations can be dealt with. Now if Aethon comes back he is going to have to resolve this before he wants to do anything else, because I see this as a blocker (programming speak, meaning it stops him completely) to him doing anything else in MD.

If someone does this and returns, then we treat them according to the MD way, and they are treated as a thief stealing the rewards.

Again, we dont know Aethons situation, so I am not calling him one, merely explaining how this would work. At the moment I am treating this as just something really badly managed and that he doesnt show the respect that running and finishing his quest deserves.

I see this particular quest as a very simple case, all that needs to be distributed is already in Aethon's inventory (or most of the remaining items to be distributed, at least).

It mostly isnt, since I dont know if anyone has proof where the rewards are.

Surely if not even this can be handled or resolved in some way, then there is no point in putting effort into future quests or events, which may "mess up" in more complicated ways and have no hope of being resolved therefore.

Well it can be resolved, See below :)

Why were some cases of "chaos" solved in SOME way (see blackrider's "Draw my Hellhounds" quest with complaints about how it was judged), whereas this one is simply being abandoned because Aethon supposedly left?

Blackriders quest was resolved by my help, since I was personally involved in it before the issues. I was helping a friend trying to run his quest well. Blackrider merely had some "people management" issues, and thats mostly what I do in MD (Looking through my time tracker logger, I only spend about 20% of my MD time coding, the rest its all people management/helping/replying to stuff/etc) so I merely helped him finish his quest properly.

Well, This hasnt been abandoned, since im talking!

I repeat, I understand that "higher powers" would never continue the organisation, judging, etc of a quest in progress, if the organiser leaves, and that seems fair. However, this quest is complete; the judging and ranking have been done, some rewards have already been given, and the majority of the remaining rewards are in Aethon's possession.

{citation needed} Meaning, again we dont know if they are in his possession :)

There is no "chaos" or dirty work to be done, like tracing sponsors, etc. I say 95% if not more of the dirty work has already been done.

Actually, the chaos for me trying to resolve this, is just trying to firstly work out what has happened. For this case its writing this massive post, reading through a series of messages Aethon has left and checking through my personal messages ingame about this quest (no small feat). Its been a lot of choas since I sent Aethon some comments about this quest actually.

By this point, I don't even care as much about the reward (even though I very "rudely" feel entitled to it, having put effort into the quest and having ranked 2nd)

Your reward can be resolved easily. I will just give it out from the coins and creatures iv attained myself, where are you?

We dont, unless there is exceptional need, steal creatures items or anything from people who are not playing MD. Its not right. Im personally against removing the avatars to shops too and am looking to stop that also. The simple solution is not just to take a load of things from that person. Stealing things from others causes more mess and confusion.

but if that announcement was there to say that "if someone goes poof, nobody will care about things you worked for with that person or do anything to help you with resolving the issue", then I am monstrously disappointed and hereby (peacefully) protest.

To be entirely honest, I didnt help write, nor was I really involved in that announcement, I see it more as Mur telling you we wont be forced to resolve things (or that he doesnt want to) and for you to remember that just leaving causes major issues sometimes.

My recommendation, for things like this, just send me a PM about it and ask me to look into it. Calmly explain whats going on and ask if I can help. I will go out my way to help you guys out, Its what my job is :)

While ranty posts on the forum make you (you meaning, everyone, not just Aeo, I like a good rant sometimes :D) feel better at the time, Mur certainly wont see them so they just become a flaming match. We dont know whats going on with Aethon and I dont like to tar anyone a thief or cheater unduly.

I'v now looked into this a lot, Aeo we can continue the rest via PM, please send me what you are missing and from who, I should have enough silver to cover the cost personally and not involve "MD offical treasury" in this at all (means its easier to resolve, etc etc)

If anyone has similar issues with this or another quest, feel free to contact me.

But mainly, we are not responsible for those who leave or mess up quests, BUT I personally will help you try and resolve things satisfactorily and asking me to help will work a hundred times better than a ranty forum post.

Edit2: WOO, this was 1224 words 6621 characters after removing the quoting of Aeo's stuff... I can see where the hour and a bit went lol Edited by Chewett

• 3 weeks later...

I must apologise for my inactivity, matters in real life sadly called me away.

I shall be reading all pm's and forum posts today and tomorrow and should hopefully be able to reply within the same timespan.

I would like to quickly add that I took no sponsored rewards from anyone other than the ones that I already held. So please don't accuse me of stealing when I have done no such thing.

In regards to the anniversary creature -- I have already messaged you other places asking if I sent it to you, you said no and now is when I am able to check.

I completely understand your annoyance, but please understand that sometimes not everything works out the way it should -- for both parties involved.

Edit: I have replied to all PM's. Could all those that are still waiting for rewards post here what they are still awaiting. Thank you.

Edited by Aethon

aeo needs his aramor but is taking a break, murs rewards need to be given out 

Thank you Sy. Aeo has been given his Aramor.

Mur's rewards were passed to me but unfortunately I am still dead. If those that, are able to, are willing to come to the graveyard then I shall pass the items. If, however, you are unable to, please let me know and I will try to arrange for them to make their way to you!

Sorry for the delays in all of this again. Won't happen again! (I hope.)