Spelling

Maybe it's just me being a grammar Nazi right now, but I have noticed quite a few spelling mistakes here and there, especially in the Storyline posts.

(If there is a topic that already talks about this, please refer me. I have done a search but came up with nothing.)

Maybe it would be nice if someone read over and checked the different parts of the story, to edit end improve (only grammar and spelling) before actually posting it?

there are several other topics in various sections of the forum, the person who made the site is Romanian so translating to English (which i presume you're playing it in) means the language and grammar is a bit off, to get someone to proof read it would take a lot of time which Manu doesnt have because he's expanding the game, if he was to delegate an english speaking player to do it they would have to have server access which means they could essentially do anything on the site, so they'd have to be fully trusted, if anyone else wants to add anything else...

I don't have anything to add Grido, only to emphasize. Manu has a lot of things he's trying to juggle right now and doesn't have time to edit it, but to fix it would mean someone having access to the server which is a BIG no no.

He could do that, but consider that even that takes time. Manu is a busy, busy person :o Personally, the spelling/grammar errors have ceased to annoy me and I look forward to other things being released more than spellchecking to occur.

if you try and think about how many pages of writing there are on the site, which Manu would have to find, take, send to person editing, then check for any offensiveness, or other such abuse of the privaledge (because it would be a privaledge to do this(although i dont think i can spell the word)) when it gets sent back, then put them back into the site

if you then try and think about how much time that would take...and then think about how much awesomeness he could put into the game by adding new features or new parts to it instead, then it might at least make you sit for a while pondering the numbers and then perhaps realise that the spelling and grammar arent that important in comparrison after all

if you try and think about how many pages of writing there are on the site, which Manu would have to find, take, send to person editing, then check for any offensiveness, or other such abuse of the privaledge (because it would be a privaledge to do this(although i dont think i can spell the word)) when it gets sent back, then put them back into the site

if you then try and think about how much time that would take...and then think about how much awesomeness he could put into the game by adding new features or new parts to it instead, then it might at least make you sit for a while pondering the numbers and then perhaps realise that the spelling and grammar arent that important in comparrison after all

What if people simply pointed out the spelling errors and the pages they are on and Manu could assign someone he knows to simply go in and make the changes, like a job someone could have... Not sure of the ramifications here, but usually something this big would have a few administrators or something to help out in some way...

what has been mentioned in another active topic, look an ye will find (i cant remeber where offhand), is that the coding for the game is in English, so the person who does the spell check would have access to the code of the game as well, hence it being a big no no, currently Manu is the only one who has access to the code as far as i know

Well, I've been thinking.. the spelling and grammar errors do make a negative impact on beginning players, or at least that's the conclusion I draw from my own experience (trying to recruit adepts/encountering newbies with complaint). It'll have to be done eventually, and with the above in mind, it might be better if this correcting was done sooner rather than later. It seems like Manu doesn't have anyone he can trust with access to the codes, so I suppose it would have to be done the labor-intensive way.

Just a suggestion.

Well, I've been thinking.. the spelling and grammar errors do make a negative impact on beginning players, or at least that's the conclusion I draw from my own experience (trying to recruit adepts/encountering newbies with complaint). It'll have to be done eventually, and with the above in mind, it might be better if this correcting was done sooner rather than later. It seems like Manu doesn't have anyone he can trust with access to the codes, so I suppose it would have to be done the labor-intensive way.

Just a suggestion.

It could seriously be done while writing the original: write it in word, set the language to English, have the program correct grammar and spelling for you and just copy and paste it in the text.

but then there will be misued words because sometimes word does not give the correct one and manu might not be sure what one is correct

From what I have read so far he doesn't really use overly complicated vocabulary. Most of his mistakes are spelling or basic grammar mistakes, those are easily caught.