To Pull CrazyMike out of Jail

Nimrodel

Its been long since he has completed his sentence. Too Long infact. Cant he be released? I talked to him recently, He said, that he was still pacing in the jail. And quite active. Since this is the time for jail pardons, I was wondering if he could be released by the mods.

I cant find that kind of stuff anywhere online. From what I know such stuff is needed for Paroles and Bails. But not completion of sentence. WE are all entitled to difference in opinions. So asking the mods to pass a judgement.

Edit: People Might be wondering why I am doing this. Yes. This is for a selfish purpose. He was a dear friend and we'vehad some good memories in Loreroot. i want to see my friend back in action in the game.

Edited by Nimrodel

Ann. 2920 - [2014-02-21 21:50:58 - Stage 12] - Permalink - Posted By Muratus del Mur
Releasing accounts banned for ages
Ristash was unbanned. The ban was for abusing WP. The reason i unbanned him is that the effects of the abuse where canceled back then, with minimal ripple effects, and the fact that his owner still cares about that account several years later is acceptable reason for me to release that charater. A permanent ban sentence is the ultimate punishment and is given more easy to less active or new accounts than to veteran accounts. Any ban/jail sentence is debatable after several years as long as the claim comes from the initial owner with full honesty and details. This does not mean that any permanently banned account will be released as it is after several years, this depends on the facts of each individual case. You could recover the name, some things from the account, everything, or nothing at all.

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

Stupid phone...

The reason that we ask the jailed member to contact us is becuase then we can establish a dialogue with them and ensure that they understand why they were jailed and we  can ensure it doesnt happen again. Crazymike only has to contact us, its a simple process.

I get five mins of "free" time and here am I sticking my nose back to MD bahh... Either way...

In an optimal way the jail system should be automated, as in the spell would set a certain amount of time for the ban and after the time is fulfilled user is returned to GoE.

Emailing people to get out is just a waste of time in my opinion (emails could get lost, never read, etc). 

Now from the developer side... since not many people are jailed, I would say that there's not enough people for such an automated feature to be made...

Aside of that, its been ages since CM was banned, he fulfilled his jail time and he should be released and not be submitted to another "trial" by speaking to you or Mur and explaining if he understood or not. If he fails again, then give him a tougher jail time, simple...

An honest opinion here :P

B

• Root Admin

>In an optimal way the jail system should be automated, as in the spell would set a certain amount of time for the ban and after the time is fulfilled user is returned to GoE.

Did you read the reasons why we request a talk with the person we are freeing? I dont think these can be fulfilled by an automated system.

On 4/21/2016 at 6:46 PM, Chewett said:

Stupid phone...

The reason that we ask the jailed member to contact us is becuase then we can establish a dialogue with them and ensure that they understand why they were jailed and we  can ensure it doesnt happen again. Crazymike only has to contact us, its a simple process.

If they are unaware why they were jailed then either it was explained clear enough in the beginning or they just choose to ignore it.

If it's the latter, then they can pretend to "understand" and simply say "Yep, yep, sure."

If someone is put into jail, they aren't released on the terms "Do you understand you've been naughty? Don't do it again!" they get released  expected to know that if it happens again then the consequences are worse than before.

29 minutes ago, Aethon said:

If they are unaware why they were jailed then either it was explained clear enough in the beginning or they just choose to ignore it.

If it's the latter, then they can pretend to "understand" and simply say "Yep, yep, sure."

If someone is put into jail, they aren't released on the terms "Do you understand you've been naughty? Don't do it again!" they get released  expected to know that if it happens again then the consequences are worse than before.

One example of a reason why a conversation would be needed first: for all we know this could be someone else who now has access to Mike's account and wants to jumpstart his/her way into MD by using this account. Which seems at least slightly (and by that I mean abominably) unethical.

Plus, I don't see why suddenly it's this anniversary that he decides to ask for a pardon through someone else, and not in the previous anniversaries. Plus "he's active" but I have not seen him in the active players list even once, which makes me think he logs in and out for ADs, which IMO hardly counts as active...

I think it's imperative and commonsense that all, jailed accounts must first undergo a conversation with an admin, especially if they have been jailed a long time ago. And I sincerely do not see the inconvenience in personally e-mailing Chewett or Mur about a ban... 

1 hour ago, Aeoshattr said:

One example of a reason why a conversation would be needed first: for all we know this could be someone else who now has access to Mike's account and wants to jumpstart his/her way into MD by using this account. Which seems at least slightly (and by that I mean abominably) unethical.

Plus, I don't see why suddenly it's this anniversary that he decides to ask for a pardon through someone else, and not in the previous anniversaries. Plus "he's active" but I have not seen him in the active players list even once, which makes me think he logs in and out for ADs, which IMO hardly counts as active...

I think it's imperative and commonsense that all, jailed accounts must first undergo a conversation with an admin, especially if they have been jailed a long time ago. And I sincerely do not see the inconvenience in personally e-mailing Chewett or Mur about a ban... 

Its interesting how you make all these assumptions Aeoshattr. I have know mike outside of the game since a loooong time. He did not ask for pardon this time too. He believes that they should be let out automatically after their term has been served. I DECIDED TO ASK FOR HIS RELEASE BECAUSE HE IS A FRIEND AND I WANT TO SEE HIM ACTIVE AGAIN. I hope that makes it clear. UNless you happen to be blind which seems like a possible issue because I seem to have mentioned the reasons for me asking for his release before in this thread.

Its not about inconvenience. It is a matter of pride and principle. Most people dont like to beg for stuff.

Is he asking for his sentece to be shortened and to be released earlier? No. Then he should do apsolutely nothing. He should be released immediately without questions asked. And its the responsibility of those that jailed him to keep track and release him when his sentence is over and not his. If you want to talk to him, then you are the one to send the message and start a conversation and not him. And dont forget to apologize for what you did.. or didn't do.

If someone was jail for a "determinated time" then he should be release automatically.

Asking that he bow and ramp kissing toes to get unjail is an cruel situation.

Of all reasons i read in this thread all are sillyes

- to ensure its the same player .... then why not automatically requesting that all players after a set time not logging in to message asking permission to play again on plain of banishment?

- to ensure that he understand why he was jail .... was there not at time of  jail an communication or annoncement saying the WHY? seem to me its more to ask the player to kiss toes and say "pretty please"

for these reasons i completely agree with BFH post

An automated system would be easy to implement and be more just.

in absence of such automation if its because now only few are with the hability to unjail, it would be easy to make an closed forum section where when someone is jail one put when he should be release and that those with power to release made it there role to verify that forum section regulary and un jail as needed

On 4/21/2016 at 9:02 AM, Nimrodel said:

Its been long since he has completed his sentence. Too Long infact. Cant he be released? I talked to him recently, He said, that he was still pacing in the jail. And quite active. Since this is the time for jail pardons, I was wondering if he could be released by the mods.

42 minutes ago, Nimrodel said:

Its interesting how you make all these assumptions Aeoshattr. I have know mike outside of the game since a loooong time. He did not ask for pardon this time too. He believes that they should be let out automatically after their term has been served. I DECIDED TO ASK FOR HIS RELEASE BECAUSE HE IS A FRIEND AND I WANT TO SEE HIM ACTIVE AGAIN. I hope that makes it clear. UNless you happen to be blind which seems like a possible issue because I seem to have mentioned the reasons for me asking for his release before in this thread.

Its not about inconvenience. It is a matter of pride and principle. Most people dont like to beg for stuff.

Jumping to name-calling :) and it's not the first time.

You mention the reasons (which I've bolded in the first post) for which you ask for his unjailing, but none of those reasons have anything to do with what I said? You say you talked to him and that he's active, and that since it's the time for pardons, why "can't he be unjailed". Pardons were said to be done if the person asks for them. How is it humiliating to send Chewett (or Mur) an e-mail saying "Hey, I heard it's time for jail pardons, can I get one please?". I'd say it's not about pride here, it's about an actual issue, if something as small as asking for a pardon is seen as 

11 minutes ago, Tom Pouce said:

kiss toes and say "pretty please"

I seriously don't think Mur or Chewett expect begging... did you see how Death Ray recently got out of jail? I cant' seem to find the topic, but he did the opposite of begging, pretty much.

Finally, @Nimrodel you don't even answer a single thing that I say. And you contradict yourself. You say that CrazyMike is active (in your first post), yet in your response to me you say that you "WANT TO SEE HIM ACTIVE AGAIN"... So which is it?

Anyway. My point is:

It is not begging. It is not humiliating... And to say that Chewett or Mur expect begging for a birthday pardon is, in my opinion, insulting to them. Demanding to bypass this after the opportunity for a pardon is offered in the first place is just plain rude (to say it nicely).

I couldn't care less if this was CrazyMike, Sasha, Ailith, or any other person that was or wasn't banned. Talk. To. An. Admin. If this bothers you, then you don't have "pride", you've got a problem.

:)