land loyalty/viscosity combo

MRWander

I was thinking (ow ow ow my brain) that it would make sense to me that walking around a land would be making you more familiar with it would be a better way to get land loyalty then just sitting in one scene for 1 minute while waiting for new day to start. maybe there's a way to separate viscosity so it recognizes which land you are walking in and you gain land loyalty by being familiar with the land rather then just by logging in or being somewhere at a certain time.

simple...randomize the time of the check

E1.you could even still have the loyalty add on new day...not sure if that's actually make it easier to implement, of course

E2. maybe borrow the death "send to graveyard" code

Edited by klatdees

uhm say you visit 60 scenes in MB today and 5 in lr no matter what the time is by end of the day it should become MB  loyalty not lr loyalty but it doesnt really make sense to me that you get loyalty for a land if you just log in and idle in a land or sit on the same place all day.

• Root Admin

i get your point but tracking what land you vited more in one day can be difficult to implement. Plus, i don't know if i want people to do a quick scout of the land they want to get loyalty for and then stay all day in an other place, what i want is to have them stay in the land they wish to get loyalty for. So...how to combine these two?

On 5/3/2016 at 6:51 PM, MRWander said:

uhm say you visit 60 scenes in MB today and 5 in lr no matter what the time is by end of the day it should become MB  loyalty not lr loyalty but it doesnt really make sense to me that you get loyalty for a land if you just log in and idle in a land or sit on the same place all day.

Sounds cute but only good for the lazy ... see Mur's example ... but in reverse.

Why not make an easier way : at the new day, get a popup with all the lands (that you walked in) and it should let you choose one? (almost like it currently is but more intuitive)

Do consider taking a trip to East ... all the way and back then tell me for what land would be the  loyalty (by your saying) be ?

Let me rephrase: if you only stay in your land or don't walk much and by mistake you are caught outside ... then ok, you'd get the loyalty you "work" for. But if you don't stay much ... then your land loyalty will be a kind of wild guess. (not that I mind much anymore which I get these days)

I am sorry to say but this sounds like a dumb idea ... anyway ... someone might like this as it does fit the current system.

7 hours ago, No one said:

Sounds cute but only good for the lazy ... see Mur's example ... but in reverse.

Why not make an easier way : at the new day, get a popup with all the lands (that you walked in) and it should let you choose one? (almost like it currently is but more intuitive)

Do consider taking a trip to East ... all the way and back then tell me for what land would be the  loyalty (by your saying) be ?

Let me rephrase: if you only stay in your land or don't walk much and by mistake you are caught outside ... then ok, you'd get the loyalty you "work" for. But if you don't stay much ... then your land loyalty will be a kind of wild guess. (not that I mind much anymore which I get these days)

I am sorry to say but this sounds like a dumb idea ... anyway ... someone might like this as it does fit the current system.

the land you move the most in is what you get the loyalty for the day. no more no less then what is given now. but if you dont move at all you dont get any loyalty at all.

8 minutes ago, Syrian said:

" plus, i don't know if i want people to do a quick scout of the land they want to get loyalty for and then stay all day in an other place "

people already do this

To me I think he knows this and is saying he thinks he doesn't like it. "I don't know if I want" being used a present tense case; I may have interpreted this wrongly though. - Ignore this, thought you quoted MRF

I do agree that simply running to the land that you want "loyalty" of for a few seconds, at day change, defeats the point of it being loyalty...

As Syrian said, this is what happens already.

Edited by Aethon

example. MRF sits idle in mdp pretty much every day i have work but i log in a few minutes before new day and want lote loyalty so i walk to after the gate make my coffee and then its new day and i get loyalty for lote and walk back to mdp and idle there. if i got loyalty for which land i moved most through i'd get nml since i passed 4-5 scenes of nml to get from mdp to lote. but id have to move around more thus actually play the game a little more for lote if i wanted it.

How about counting total time you have spent in each land that day so you get loyalty for a land you spent most time in? That can hardly be tempered because you actualy have to be in particular land for a period of time and not just run through it or visit for a minute to pick a tick and then leave to sit at goe or wherever whole day.

If you like proposing dumb-funny things .. why not go further : why not give percentages ?

I mean : for 1 full day (24h ... xxxx seconds) you get 1+2 land loyalty. If you stay online like 2h ... then you will get 1+ 2x 2/24.

2 hours ago, Neno Veliki said:

How about counting total time you have spent in each land that day so you get loyalty for a land you spent most time in? That can hardly be tempered because you actualy have to be in particular land for a period of time and not just run through it or visit for a minute to pick a tick and then leave to sit at goe or wherever whole day.

What if I want loyalty from any land and this day I collect resources or do any quest in another ? I do not understand why the current is not a good solution . When I dont do anything then I sit in land where I want loyalty. When I do anything then at reset time I do for loyalty. This is very fulfilling for me.  .  

I think the system works fine as it is. It's a bit silly, sure, but surely so was regular loyalty gain? You'd gain it wherever you were when the daily tick happened. Didn't matter how much time you spent on what land. I don't think it's something that is worth over-complicating.

Has anyone yet noticed that you don't play MD by moving; you move in MD in order to play?  There is no "travel menu" or random encounters or anything like that...just viscosity encouraging people to congregate and fight/(ch''v)argue/kill each other and have fun.

So the tracking of movement doesn't seem connected to loyalty...it's more where you go *when you want to do something*

which can be tracked just fine by the current system :)