Walking tree

Ungod

I can't seem to find any stuff on walking trees on forum (maybe I'm blind and need a link).

Since I wanted to do a quest, I thought a bit about the tree and this is what I find at first glance: the roots of a normal tree find a different nourishment, a rather confusing one, in the remains of a soldier. This new essence runs through the sap of the tree and the once growing, immobile, fighter of bugs is changing. It stops growing in a normal tree way, it changes the blueprint - and ends uprooting and starts to walk. 

My questions are: starts to walk... towards what? What is the purpose for this hybrid? The last level shows it has no weapon. What kind of freedom does it now have? And, if we were to cut it/burn it, would there be anything left?

(a dead idea left in a regenerative medium that comes back as something else is another way I look at this walking tree)

The tree has no weapon at max level, this is how it should be. A tree absorbs resources in its roots and then makes the resources its own. Eventually after the corpse it rooted in is gone the only thing left of it to decompose is the weapon. After all elements of the corpse is absorbed in processed is the transformation truly complete. The dead warrior becomes a Solid Warrior as opposed to one which is hollow.

On 7/15/2016 at 10:37 AM, Ungod said:

My questions are: starts to walk... towards what? What is the purpose for this hybrid? The last level shows it has no weapon. What kind of freedom does it now have?

I think it grows to better help us, and everything working up to the last level is it growing. It's now better adapted to help our needs.

Mmm... of course, if you see it as a part of self, there is growth, but I was isolating it to understand it's nature. 

Is it ok to isolate things rather than see them as part of whole? Don't answer that, it might make the topic useless...:))

Isolating things: Only if you accept the consequences of using the darkness principle :) Not all do, but the ones who don't, must want to live in another world :)

I find it interesting that so many creatures rely on the dead, like they were there before, we just happened to ask them to bond to us.

Unlike the barren, there's a certain enthusiasm in the tree...All creatures are committed to your cause, but they don't all commit using emotion.  I've only seen enthusiasm or playfulness in the  pimped Grasans, the young trees, and the Drachorn hatchlings, but it's a valuable thing and indicates some sort of awareness of fulfillment.

If you want to change the nature of death, I'm still for uprooting the GoE and knocking down what's beneath...(Hurry, before the gates close!)

I disagree, at least the upper part of the tree is super duper excited in the earlier stages xD

Why are there two parts, with two faces, to a creature representing a single spirit?  Same question with the tormented soul.

Or maybe the oddity is when there's just one (barren)..?  Going with the idea that a soul splits in two bodies to exist ("soulmate hypothesis") it's really a tragedy that the barren never becomes two...certainly the remains is more "bodily" and so maybe that means it makes sense that it's a twoface, but if so what can we say about the Tormenteds?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

As a tree ages, the time it has been alive increases and more trivial matters that it was originally concerned with seem petty.

When you have lived a long time, smaller things seem less pressing, and war, war is illogical. They will die out anyway, you just have to wait.