Public storage, exchange storage

MaGoHi

• Root Admin

A long long time ago, in a land far far away there was something called a "post office" it allowed you to leave messages for other players you couldn't message directly as the friends feature was under used. This flourished for a time until an evil ruler came and destroyed the post office.

During the height of its rein there was a suggestion that in addition to holding mail it could hold both creatures and items, however since it was destroyed all those ideas fell to the side.

IMO it's a nice idea.

i think it is to mention that it could work as market place too and could be abused as item storage to work around the stupid stacking of resources, but that could be blocked by limiting the amount of same item/resource stacks to 1 or 2 per player

eh that would ruin the idea i guess, but i do agree that it could could/should cost something but more along the lines 10 transactions cost x silvercoins, since they are pretty common or if you really want to make it accessable for all players just put some tax on it like if you want to transfer 20 water you have to put 25 in or something like that, if you use a resource rare as timeless dust beginners couldnt use it that often

• Root Admin
On 11/03/2017 at 10:40 PM, MaGoHi said:

i think it is to mention that it could work as market place too and could be abused as item storage to work around the stupid stacking of resources, but that could be blocked by limiting the amount of same item/resource stacks to 1 or 2 per player

You would need to consider a time limit and number limit to stop people just using it to store stacks.

2 minutes ago, Chewett said:

You would need to consider a time limit and number limit to stop people just using it to store stacks.

yes that is where this idea really gets tricky, on one hand it should be long enough to actually make sense (som people can only play on weekends and not even every weekend)  and on the other hand short enough to prevent use as storage, the only thing i could think of now is rather big stack reduction after timespan x is reached for resource stacks, no idea for the number limit yet

1 hour ago, MaGoHi said:

eh that would ruin the idea i guess, but i do agree that it could could/should cost something but more along the lines 10 transactions cost x silvercoins, since they are pretty common or if you really want to make it accessable for all players just put some tax on it like if you want to transfer 20 water you have to put 25 in or something like that, if you use a resource rare as timeless dust beginners couldnt use it that often

Beginners do have access to timeless dust, just through trading and quest participation. I would almost argue it's easier for new players to find some (small amounts anyways) than average old players.

10 hours ago, Pipstickz said:

Beginners do have access to timeless dust, just through trading and quest participation. I would almost argue it's easier for new players to find some (small amounts anyways) than average old players.

i see your point but it doesnt feel right to me

in my original idea i thought it would be cool if i could just place for example 20 water with an information or quest text that they get that if they provide 20 branches or 1 metal bar, or what ever, with an automated logic that they can exchange it themself if they provide at least that much (because of stacking system) and if they do they can exchange it

i know that this sounds more like a market system but my main thought was being able to issue collecting quests and their rewards without being actually there, like a notice-board in RPGs where you pick up random requests, it would just make it easier to play if there is a timezone difference

EDIT: i could also imagine a free system for players with less than 100 AD, to encourage young players to use the system

Edited by MaGoHi

3 hours ago, MaGoHi said:

i see your point but it doesnt feel right to me

in my original idea i thought it would be cool if i could just place for example 20 water with an information or quest text that they get that if they provide 20 branches or 1 metal bar, or what ever, with an automated logic that they can exchange it themself if they provide at least that much (because of stacking system) and if they do they can exchange it

i know that this sounds more like a market system but my main thought was being able to issue collecting quests and their rewards without being actually there, like a notice-board in RPGs where you pick up random requests, it would just make it easier to play if there is a timezone difference

EDIT: i could also imagine a free system for players with less than 100 AD, to encourage young players to use the system

Can you not use ITCs and clickies for such things?

Edit: I think it's a good idea afterall, and one that shouldn't be ignored

Edited by Pipstickz

29 minutes ago, Pipstickz said:

Can you not use ITCs and clickies for such things?

Edit: I think it's a good idea afterall, and one that shouldn't be ignored

well ITC would require both parties to get the itc and then exchange it confirm if it was the right thing and then you could send the itc with the reward the automated system speeds that up, because you could get the reward instantly also prevents cheating on exchange

Edited by MaGoHi

• Root Admin

The idea itself has merit and I would consider implementing such a thing once I had found a nice way to limit the storing stacks for later use problem.

maybe after 30 days of storing it the post office gets to keep whatever you stored if the person named doesn't get it?

12 minutes ago, Chewett said:

The idea itself has merit and I would consider implementing such a thing once I had found a nice way to limit the storing stacks for later use problem.

maybe after 30 days of storing it the post office gets to keep whatever you stored if the person named doesn't get it?

yes, i can imagine that and 30 days should be enough to pick it up

I thought more about it and came up with this:

1. When you do the reservation in the clickie the stack that you have gets "frozen" in your inventory, if you collect more of the same a new stack is started, if the other player fulfills the requirements the "frozen" stack gets removed from your inventory and the player gets the reward, if the player that you addressed the stack to doesnt pick it up the stack disappears after 30 days.

2. When you do the reservation in the clickie the stack that you have gets "locked"(you cant give it to anyone else) in your inventory, if you collect more of the same it gets added to the stack, if the other player fulfills the requirements the "locked" stack gets removed from your inventory and the player gets the reward, if the player that you addressed the stack to doesnt pick it up the stack disappears after 30 days.

yes both are very similar, freezing and locking them might spare you of coding a storage type clickie since the stacks remain in the inventories

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, MRWander said:

make it premium like free with gold supporter but have it unlockable in the shop maybe with a cost of 1 cred per month ot something?

17 hours ago, Chewett said:

That could work.

while i see that it would work i just want to say that the initial idea was to have a questmaker hand out rewards easier, if they have to pay for it they might not want to use it and therefore it could lead to people not using it in the way it was initially thought of

PS: you could have some sort of it as reward box for quests that you put in as permanent ones, like you asked in Anni 4290 for

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, MaGoHi said:

while i see that it would work i just want to say that the initial idea was to have a questmaker hand out rewards easier, if they have to pay for it they might not want to use it and therefore it could lead to people not using it in the way it was initially thought of

PS: you could have some sort of it as reward box for quests that you put in as permanent ones, like you asked in Anni 4290 for

When you say hand out rewards, you mean like hand out stacks of items unstacked? We can probably work out a better situation if questmakers want this. Im mainly thinking of this from using it by a "standard" player.

1 minute ago, Chewett said:

When you say hand out rewards, you mean like hand out stacks of items unstacked? We can probably work out a better situation if questmakers want this. Im mainly thinking of this from using it by a "standard" player.

well yeah the initial idea was just that people dont actually have to meet the questmaker to get the reward, because due to timezones and online times it can happen that you just never meet and even with itc it can take a while, so the idea was just a place or box where the questmaker can put the reward for the players.

so in my initial post i just thought that anyone could put a reward for any player in there, thats when we noticed that there could be some sort of "unwanted" use for storing stacks

On 7/7/2017 at 11:58 AM, MaGoHi said:

well yeah the initial idea was just that people dont actually have to meet the questmaker to get the reward, because due to timezones and online times it can happen that you just never meet and even with itc it can take a while, so the idea was just a place or box where the questmaker can put the reward for the players.

so in my initial post i just thought that anyone could put a reward for any player in there, thats when we noticed that there could be some sort of "unwanted" use for storing stacks

forum pm works for that too or being idle in an agreed location isnt that hard...honestly the only time Ive seen issues with something like that is when the quest maker disappeared and even then as soon as they came back it was cleared up.

Edited by MRWander

On 12.7.2017 at 0:46 AM, MRWander said:

forum pm works for that too or being idle in an agreed location isnt that hard...honestly the only time Ive seen issues with something like that is when the quest maker disappeared and even then as soon as they came back it was cleared up.

well yeah, but i thought it would be cool ingame and if you dont even have to meet, just because it is easier, i like easier stuff xD and there would be no waiting after completion of the quest

ps: you could also implement quests where you get some stuff you need in a next step or something, i just think it would make "doing a quest" a lot easier^^