Miracle - would you allow it or not

Ungod

Miracles - believe or crush   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you have some kind of disorder and a wonder cure appeared, a miracle pill or something, would you care for why and how it works for your disorder? Would you like the miracle to exist and be happy that your pain is no more, or would you seek the explanation for how it does what it does, even if you might find out the truth you dislike, a reality you'd resent?

I'm not sure if you were going in this direction when you asked this, but I certainly wouldn't take it if someone had to die to produce said miracle pill!

Or if whatever happened to produce said pills already can't be taken back, I'd want production to be stopped and then I'd try and find out who could best make use of the existing pills. 

Edited by Change

You're not exactly far away from what I asked, but you're a bit off. This is not as much about whether someone dies or not, it's more about whether you would want to know who exactly dies and how it helps you. 

So far all votes went into 'I want to know', and this is my question - would you like to know? on one hand, you have knowledge that comes with responsibility and living with a rather bitter truth, on the other you have bliss from ignorance ('this was a gift from god!'-like attitude). In both cases, you are cured.

• 5 months later...

Well. 

Miracle is miracle because it is in REAL and urgent need in my opinion. Otherwise you could take your time to finish most of the so-called miracle. 

So in that situation, I think I don't have time to think WHY when all my mind is about the result. 

But if your miracle points to more common meaning, yes I want to know the reason.